News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

EPCOT-O.G.

Like the idea.

Since you brought up moving rides to EPCOT and the park is "evolving" (losing its core identity), I would really like to see one of the new districts (or future expansion) be dedicated to "lost" Disney. Bring back a few historical rides/pavilions that were crowd favorites and try to develop a cohesive theme in some manner. My vote would be for Wonders of Life Pavilion, Horizons, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Alien Encounter. World Celebration would have been a great name for this area. Oh well.
I personally feel they should set aside the DisneyQuest building and create a residency program for Kevin Perjurer where he could put his group of mad scientists to work faithfully recreating defunct Disney attractions in a fully immersive VR setting.

Animaniac93-98

Keep in mind the Rivers of America was designed to support multiple attractions.

At one point there were two riverboats, plus the canoes, keelboats and Tom Sawyer Island/Rafts.

Go to Disneyland and you'll see how it better utilizes the space with two large watercraft, the canoes, the island and Fantasmic! (but no more keelboats unfortunately). DLP was also intended to use two riverboats, canoes and keelboats to maximize variety and capacity.

People who've only been to MK post-2000 likely are unaware of what the river used to be like and have been trained by FP+ to play the game of most-rides-in-a-day, which discourages any slower, exploratory attractions that you can't reserve in advance.

celluloid

I rode Splash Mountain last night. It looked very good minus the typical known finale issues and million dollar Bunny. Better than I have seen it in years and certainly sounded better. Every sound cue was clear and working. Even understanding easily what Brer Frog on the first lift is saying to the Brer Bear line "Briar Patch?"

No doom and gloom or ears falling off anymore. A tech was getting off a boat when I was arriving to load platform area.

yensidtlaw1969

That's what I would do. I would permanently dock the river boat and turn it into a restaurant or a music venue. This would open up a ridiculous amount of space.
Frontierland has expansion pads available that don't require losing the River.

Disney already has too bad a habit of closing foundational attractions in favor of rides that start and end in a short burst. I'm not sure why anyone would assume the River's "ridiculous amount of space" would be put to better use by any new construction than what we have now.

Wasn't it last rumored that they had considered building a Rapids Ride like Kali in that area? Would you really want to give up the quiet beauty of the River, Tom Sawyer Island, and the traveling Liberty Belle Riverboat for a 5 minute-long Kali River Rapids 2.0 that uses all that space?

James Alucobond

Disney already has too bad a habit of closing foundational attractions in favor of rides that start and end in a short burst. I'm not sure why anyone would assume the River's "ridiculous amount of space" would be put to better use by any new construction than what we have now.

Wasn't it last rumored that they had considered building a Rapids Ride like Kali in that area? Would you really want to give up the quiet beauty of the River, Tom Sawyer Island, and the traveling Liberty Belle Riverboat for a 5 minute-long Kali River Rapids 2.0 that uses all that space?
I absolutely agree that the serenity is appreciated and that they should probably just leave it alone to ensure they don’t disrupt that, but if they feel Tom Sawyer doesn’t have the requisite allure or connection to the Disney brand, I’ve often wondered why they don’t just turn it into some enhanced meet-and-greet akin to Enchanted Tales. You could even have a pre-show interaction aboard the Liberty Belle with tertiary characters and then drop them off for an encounter with the primaries.

… Actually, that might’ve made a decent PatF experience.

Animaniac93-98

Such an attraction is better put in the Adventureland expansion pad. Another space that should be used before removing something else.

yensidtlaw1969

Such an attraction is better put in the Adventureland expansion pad. Another space that should be used before removing something else.
Personally, I don't even feel like that's something the Magic Kingdom needs anywhere, but I for sure agree that anything like that should go on an MK expansion pad far sooner than it should replace anything that currently exists. Which really is true of just about any new attractions at Magic Kingdom at this point.

celluloid

Personally, I don't even feel like that's something the Magic Kingdom needs anywhere, but I for sure agree that anything like that should go on an MK expansion pad far sooner than it should replace anything that currently exists. Which really is true of just about any new attractions at Magic Kingdom at this point.
Expansion pads...and things within the empty venue space.

bhg469

So sad isn't it? And in reality that new Universal park will be a part of a resort expansion that begins to double it's current size.
All while Universal's other two parks are getting new attractions.
I know about the escape rooms at city walk, but what attractions are going into the existing parks?

JoeCamel

Universal is building a new park and Disney is retheming a ride and may add another expensive hotel. Seems about right.
Well wdw doesn't need a new park..they do need to fix the ones they have though....
Maybe they hired some Universal people and can be shown the way but USO is in sad shape right now so maybe not...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom