News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Apologies for the late reply, but allow me to expand on my previous post:
From what I was told, the desicion to redo Space in Tokyo killed remaking Splash over there for good, which in turn severely hurt Orlando (They wanted to have MK's Splash cloned there, but Tokyo told them to bug off) to the point of most likely killing their redo. Then California, IF what I heard was correct, was killed off by other projects taking presidence (Toontown, Tarzan, Tommorowland...)

I was also told that the fact Splash isn't changing wouldn't be announced publicly (It'd just kind of fade out) and that was due to trying to avoid a huge wave of backlash.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Apologies for the late reply, but allow me to expand on my previous post:
From what I was told, the desicion to redo Space in Tokyo killed remaking Splash over there for good, which in turn severely hurt Orlando (They wanted to have MK's Splash cloned there, but Tokyo told them to bug off) to the point of most likely killing their redo. Then California, IF what I heard was correct, was killed off by other projects taking presidence (Toontown, Tarzan, Tommorowland...)

I was also told that the fact Splash isn't changing wouldn't be announced publicly (It'd just kind of fade out) and that was due to trying to avoid a huge wave of backlash.

Sorry to badger you, but, this brings up a lot of questions:

1. You originally said "insiders"... plural. You have more than one source for this, or, are multiple people relying on one source and they're repeating the one source?

2. Your insiders need to have some really high-up sources in order to know what projects are cut or not. Very few people have that kind of contacts.

3. Your insiders need to have high-up sources at WDW, DL, and OLC. So, it's even more rare to have a source that has first hand knowledge of what's what at three different parks and two different companies. Otherwise, it's just one person who's heard stuff second hand from what the other parks are doing and telling others, and they're all echoing the same source. Are you vetting your source properly that they have first hand knowledge, or, are just 'hearing things'?

4. If you have this kind of insider source, I'm surprised you haven't shared other stuff (or maybe you did and I missed it). Not that you had to, but, it would have helped to know the track record of your source in order to trust it.

5. We heard from our insiders here that OLC rejected changing their Splash because they just don't care. But your source is saying that they're now saying it's a cost issue because of other projects. So, there's an inconsistency here.

6. You're saying that MK's retheme *may* be off, and DL's retheme is definitely off. This is the opposite of what other insiders have said, namely, that the DL retheme was definitely on, but the MK's retheme that may now be off.

Curiouser and curiouser.

tanc

I just wish something was announced at this point. It's hard to believe it is now almost 2 years with literally barely any more info than we had 2 years ago. The same convos everyday, I just want a final answer about this. I think if Disney were to announce they will close Splash as Tron opens, that would likely be announced. If they just nonchalantly close the ride, I can't imagine people would be too happy to find out they only have a few months to ride it one final time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Never said anything about insiders, that's just what the rumor mill was saying last year about Disneyland Splash and... it got a decent refurbishment.
Well, the rumor mill is often more wrong than right, which makes amplifying the mill by repeating what's bouncing around in the echo chamber unproductive and for the naive... misleading.

But, I'll check with my next bus driver.

;)

Midwest Elitist

Well, the rumor mill is often more wrong than right, which makes amplifying the mill by repeating what's bouncing around in the echo chamber unproductive and for the naive... misleading.

But, I'll check with my next bus driver.

;)
Yeah, but... what if it's a Disney Bus Driver who's actually an executive in disguise that is trying to gauge the reactions to anything they say? Huh?

Brer Oswald

I haven’t personally heard this will close as soon as Brayden suggests. I have been told for awhile now “after the 50th”…
It sounds like he’s making an educated guess based on when Tron opens? Maybe he does have a source for it, but idk that’s just how I read it.

I don’t think it will necessarily be a one to one change over (open one ride, close another immediately). But maybe they’ll just close Splash for an extended period of time before starting work on it?

ToTBellHop

It sounds like he’s making an educated guess based on when Tron opens? Maybe he does have a source for it, but idk that’s just how I read it.

I don’t think it will necessarily be a one to one change over (open one ride, close another immediately). But maybe they’ll just close Splash for an extended period of time before starting work on it?
From what I’ve heard, TRON opens late Fall 2022, Splash has its normal winter refurb and stays open as Splash for 2023 before closing for the conversion starting Winter 23-24 (it’ll be closed awhile).

Stupido

From what I’ve heard, TRON opens late Fall 2022, Splash has its normal winter refurb and stays open as Splash for 2023 before closing for the conversion starting Winter 23-24 (it’ll be closed awhile).
So we have to sit through this will they/won't they debate for another year and a half?

Scarlet Witch Marvel GIF by Leroy Patterson

Disney Glimpses

I had heard this for months as well, until recently. The uncharacteristic pace at which Tron construction is moving supports this (there is no financial reason that Tron needs to open this year). It's no secret that Tron and Splash share similar capacities.

fgmnt

It was one of the 1,000 things they are constantly exploring, 999 of which never see the light of day. But other than that, you're largely correct.

I had always envisioned the way forward for MK was to rotate the E-Tickets in and out of service over the rest of the decade but man, it's going to really redefine the sloth-like pace this company has become known for over the previous decade.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
When you consider the implied "financial benefit" to spending millions upon millions of dollars on changing an already popular, well-loved attraction, announced stupid early which should be out of character for a supposedly well-ran company.. this whole scenario really should raise a few eyebrows.

If I didn't explain that right.. what i'm trying to say is that they're about to blow a ton of money by taking, what I think is, an incredibly stupid risk. And they announced it before even being remotely ready.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom