News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

EPCOT-O.G.

I think Frozen Ever After may be one of the few times they acted quickly to build a ride based off a recent hit.

Frozen was released Nov 2013. Less than a year later, Maelstrom was closed to start its change.

I don't think the decision was a good idea in terms of location, capacity or saving that much time/money, but less than 3 years after the initial release, they had a ride open based on it.
Guardians 1 came out in mid 2014. Tower of Terror DCA closed January 2017, and the new ride opened May of that year (5 months later).

We got a vague announcement two years ago on Splash-> PATF and only a new piece or two of concept art to show for it.

LittleMerman

It's clear that they weren't actually planning this re-theme before they announced it. It appears to be an emergency drill situation and they rushed one piece of general concept art out. So they probably had to actually start planning the re-theme after they announced it vs. visa versa which they usually do. I'm guessing that's why it's taking a while. I can only imagine if they went back on their word with this one - it would make them look really, really bad.

WDW Pro

It's clear that they weren't actually planning this re-theme before they announced it. It appears to be an emergency drill situation and they rushed one piece of general concept art out. So they probably had to actually start planning the re-theme after they announced it vs. visa versa which they usually do. I'm guessing that's why it's taking a while. I can only imagine if they went back on their word with this one - it would make them look really, really bad.

Other than blue sky, you are correct.

None, it’s looking less and less likely that the Florida conversion will happen as planned.

I don't post here often, but if you are someone with some actual inside scoop about that the Florida retheme might not happen, then I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I do really enjoy Splash Mountain and if it is here to stay, that's great. However, part of me was looking forward to the retheme because if Frozen Ever After replacing Maelstorm turned out to be great, then maybe this would've too. Also, it would've been nice to hear my very favorite celebrity and voice actor Jim Cummings reprise the role of Ray the Firefly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom