News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

aladdin2007

Spot on. This entire project is very condescending. The people have made it clear that we don’t want this, but Disney continues to act like we don’t know any better
Ive said this before but its becoming more and more apparent that I think Disney is going to have more problems with this than they ever (never) had with splash mountain. Tough road ahead PR wise and with guests, they have dug the hole themselves.

Incomudro

Feels like WDI clarifying this is indeed queue backstory stuff.

View attachment 696864

Spot on. This entire project is very condescending. The people have made it clear that we don’t want this, but Disney continues to act like we don’t know any better
What I find the oddest is that Splash is being re-themed in part due to its tie with SotS and racial issues.
Yet they chose hot sauce and salt mines as a supposed remedy to this.

drizgirl

My guess is we may see newspaper clippings on the queue wall conveying the backstory of Tiana's Foods. Plenty of restaurants in real life have newspaper articles hanging on their walls that explain "our story." It would feel pretty natural and unforced.

As for the journey into the Bayou itself, we will probably have an animatronic near the beginning explaining that Tiana needs our help finding a special ingredient for Mardi Gras.
We can only hope the line doesn't move slow enough that you can actually read newspaper articles on the wall.

Ayla

Ive said this before but its becoming more and more apparent that I think Disney is going to have more problems with this than they ever (never) had with splash mountain. Tough road ahead PR wise and with guests, they have dug the hole themselves.
There is a teeny, tiny minority still talking about this. Most everyone else has moved on and accepted the change, whatever may come. It's still going to be the same flume ride with a big drop, that's all anyone will care about once it's opened.

UNCgolf

There is a teeny, tiny minority still talking about this. Most everyone else has moved on and accepted the change, whatever may come. It's still going to be the same flume ride with a big drop, that's all anyone will care about once it's opened.

I agree with the first two sentences, but the last one is wild.

Why would you think that? That's clearly not the case and never has been; if it was, there'd be no reason to theme it at all. It's like suggesting Expedition Everest would be the exact same experience if they tore down the whole mountain around it and turned it into an exposed track coaster in the open.

Ayla

I agree with the first two sentences, but the last one is wild.

Why would you think that? That's clearly not the case and never has been; if it was, there'd be no reason to theme it at all. It's like suggesting Expedition Everest would be the exact same experience if they tore down the whole mountain around it and turned it into an exposed track coaster in the open.
They're getting rid of the 50 foot drop? Funny how that was never mentioned... 🤔

EPCOT-O.G.

Indiana Jones and Dinosaur are the same ride system. Indy is one of my favorite rides and I don't even care if I ride Dinosaur when we visit AK.
Yeah. This is like saying Nemo & Friends == 20K Leagues because it’s the same track, or Haunted Mansion is the equivalent to Horizons (which I loved) because they had an Omni mover track with directional POV changes

UNCgolf

They're getting rid of the 50 foot drop? Funny how that was never mentioned... 🤔

You're being intentionally obtuse. You completely ignored what was actually said in the post you quoted.

If that was the only thing people cared about, there'd be no reason to go to Disney at all. Just go to a Six Flags.

It's possible to understand/support the re-theme without suggesting theme itself is completely irrelevant to an attraction.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Just saw a youtube video from someone who often reports on a lot of "insider" stuff at Disney and especially Star Wars. I think we all know WDW's Splash is toast unfortunately, but there may be some hope for Disneyland's if what he reports is true! Looks like it was posted yesterday (2/7/23).

I'd write them off. They're one of those weird "Kathleen Kennedy is going to be fired soon" people but have yet to have literally anything come true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom