News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby86

Bob and Josh walk out of Cinderellas castle and Proclaim " Disney Park fans we have heard you loud and clear, you are worried about that Princess and the frog won't fit in with the theaming of Frontierland. So now Splash will be rethemed to Encanto which also won't be thematically accurate. But think of how much Encanto Merchandise we can sell!"

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
What i still dont get is we are what 2 years removed from when they said the ride was going to be rethemed? I see nothing in the news or even social media outlets still crying and raging this ride needs to go. If anything the only reason this still lives online and social media imo are the folks trying to save splash as opposed to wanting to get rid of it. So again. I know Disney has supposedly made their minds up but again. I truly think they can easily get away with doing nothing and fixing the ride up properly AS LONG as they give Tiana a proper attraction. A new CEO as ive suggested and some creative PR can easily make this happen. Solves 2 problems at once. Adds capacity and saves a beloved ride and brings it back to its glory.

Disstevefan1

What i still dont get is we are what 2 years removed from when they said the ride was going to be rethemed? I see nothing in the news or even social media outlets still crying and raging this ride needs to go. If anything the only reason this still lives online and social media imo are the folks trying to save splash as opposed to wanting to get rid of it. So again. I know Disney has supposedly made their minds up but again. I truly think they can easily get away with doing nothing and fixing the ride up properly AS LONG as they give Tiana a proper attraction. A new CEO as ive suggested and some creative PR can easily make this happen. Solves 2 problems at once. Adds capacity and saves a beloved ride and brings it back to its glory.
It was the Twitter Mob a long time ago that prompt Disney to announce the change. Twitter Mob appeased, they move on to their next target.

SailorMercury

Bob and Josh walk out of Cinderellas castle and Proclaim " Disney Park fans we have heard you loud and clear, you are worried about that Princess and the frog won't fit in with the theaming of Frontierland. So now Splash will be rethemed to Encanto which also won't be thematically accurate. But think of how much Encanto Merchandise we can sell!"
How Do You Do? Is replaced by Family Madrigal, Laughin' Place is What Else Can I Do, the uphill is Bruno's tower with We Don't Talk About Bruno playing, the drop is Bruno finishing his vision, and the finale is All Of You.

Splash Mountain is the most rethemable ride because you can make any joke about anything going there and come up with some sort of decent flow for it. Like obviously my idea is garbage but it would still fit. Just like how Princess and the Frog can be easily thrown into the ride. People are acting like Splash is way harder to retheme than it is. It's easy.

EagleScout610

It's a joke ... I do that.
Premium Member
The guests start booing, and then Bob jumps on Josh's back, nearly breaking it, and declares "Hi- Silver!" and is slowly hobbled out of the park by DaMaro as loud music is piped in to make their escape seem adventerous

mickEblu

I mean technically Anika just said it’s coming in 2024. She didn’t mention a Splash Mountain retheme nor did Disney in their last update regarding the Essence Festival. 😛🤞🏼

UpAllNight

I don’t go on it frequently enough to know all the effects but it felt like it was in pretty bad shape last Tuesday. Maybe just a bad run?

yensidtlaw1969

I think most of the naysayers here at the WDWmagic forums would be more receptive to a Splash retheme if it wasn’t set to Princess and the Frog.

We don’t like the idea of Disney Princesses (tm) bleeding over into Frontierland, or the fact that 20th Century New Orleans doesn’t match the overall country/western aesthetic.

PatF would work for Disney California, given the proximity to the other New Orleans Square attractions Pirates and the Haunted Mansion. It would mean Critter Country would officially be dead, but that has been slowly dying since Country Bear Jamboree was removed for Winnie the Pooh. All they need to do is just turn it into New Orleans Land.

There are two viable options that should have been considered first:

A. American Legends - they could go into US tall tales and mythology, Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill, Sluefoot Sue, Johnny Appleseed, and John Henry.
And the best part is the climax could be Sleepy Hollow, with an animatronic Headless Horseman….which is something that Walt Disney was hoping for in his earliest plans for the Haunted Mansion.

or

B. Western River Expedition. An American West take on ‘Pirates’ that was originally planned for WDW but cancelled. Parts of WRE live on today, from the animatronic bison at Living With the Land to Big Thunder Mountain being a spiritual successor.

Ride09.jpg
I'm not as convinced as everyone seems to be that the ride will be annexed by New Orleans Square. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is not substantial enough to stand on its own as anything, and the entrance to Splash is so geographically deep in the heart of Critter Country that it would be weird to decide the Splash side is now New Orleans Square and the Pooh side is what's left of Critter Country. Even if they did away with the Critter Country moniker, it'd be so strange to have Pooh existing as an island with nothing of relation around it, and I don't foresee them either redoing Pooh or closing it.

Not to mention that the aesthetic of New Orleans Square is so distinct and different from Princess and the Frog. Given how many cartoony critters there are in the story, and likely in the revised ride, it seems almost more likely they would leave the land as Critter Country and simply allow the New Orleans-ness of the setting to serve as a happy coincidence that smooths the transition between the lands on paper. The look of the ride will probably have more in common with Pooh than it will with The Haunted Mansion and Pirates, given the animated basis of it.

I don't quite see them shoving it in with those two classics and altering the harmony of NOS as it exists.

mickEblu

I'm not as convinced as everyone seems to be that the ride will be annexed by New Orleans Square. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is not substantial enough to stand on its own as anything, and the entrance to Splash is so geographically deep in the heart of Critter Country that it would be weird to decide the Splash side is now New Orleans Square and the Pooh side is what's left of Critter Country. Even if they did away with the Critter Country moniker, it'd be so strange to have Pooh existing as an island with nothing of relation around it, and I don't foresee them either redoing Pooh or closing it.

Not to mention that the aesthetic of New Orleans Square is so distinct and different from Princess and the Frog. Given how many cartoony critters there are in the story, and likely in the revised ride, it seems almost more likely they would leave the land as Critter Country and simply allow the New Orleans-ness of the setting to serve as a happy coincidence that smooths the transition between the lands on paper. The look of the ride will probably have more in common with Pooh than it will with The Haunted Mansion and Pirates, given the animated basis of it.

I don't quite see them shoving it in with those two classics and altering the harmony of NOS as it exists.

I just said this in fewer words (and much less eloquently) on another thread.

mickEblu

Not to mention the reasoning is flawed. Just because the story for the attraction culminates in New Orleans doesn’t mean the attraction has to reside in New Orleans Square. Critter Country/ Splash Mountain for all we know is the countryside outside of New Orleans and a launching point for where the story begins.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
The company would literally be throwing 100’s of millions away by making this unnecessary change that will bring in no new guests. Use this money elsewhere and where needed and give Tiana her own brand new attraction & build a restaurant as well make it a character one and it prints money like all the rest do.

Considering Voyage of the Little Mermaid has been sitting dormant any chance of using that space?

GoneForGood

Not saying I think it's the case and or confirmed. But after thinking about it for a moment, it WOULD make sense for them to start in WDW.

I mean, think about it. WDW's is longer and is quite different than DL's version. It could be easier to create a story long enough to fit MK's layout and then trim it down for DL's layout.

MagicHappens1971

For those in the know, is there any space they could use to the right of the mountain to build a new restaurant if they wanted to? Like where the extended queue, shop & bathrooms are? I know to the left is parade staging and those buildings so I can’t see them attempting to reconfigure that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom