News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
There's no state law prohibiting DHS to having less than a certain number of attractions. They just seem to like to replace instead of add for the most part.
5f9.gif

MickeyMouse10

I don't know if i'm missing some sarcasm here. But there was never a sinkhole under Horizons/Mission Space. It was gossip BS that was spread around and repeated as truth up to this very day. There is however one underneath the Universe of Energy building. And under the World Showcase lagoon and smaller body of water in front of Odyssey.

Nope, I'm just ing scared of sinkholes. That, the ocean and seeing old people kissing.

Brer Panther

Not sure. Pheneix said he doesn't think the PATF overlay at WDW will ever happen. That sounds considerably higher than 50% chance it'll be canned to me. Still apparently a "maybe" for Disneyland, but he also mentioned the company is really hurting for cash.

It sounds like Iger wants the PATF overhaul whereas Chapek doesn't. They're supposedly in a huge war now, with Chapek allegedly winning. Pheneix even claims the company has completely turned on Iger and are preparing to kick him out in disgrace. We'll see what happens.
Who would've thunk that Bob Chapek could be the savior of Splash Mountain?

Huh. Maybe the guy's not as bad as we thought.

PS - the writers really messed up by having all the animals talk throughout the movie. Would have been much better if all the talking animals were people that the good doctor had cursed.

Plus you could have a really neat scene in which a chubby kid named Louis making a deal with Facilier to be the best trumpet player ever... a neat little throwback to the legend of Robert Johnson.
Apparently, the original idea was to have Louis be one of Dr. Facilier's previous victims, but they thought it made the film too complicated so they just made him a normal alligator.

FettFan

Apparently, the original idea was to have Louis be one of Dr. Facilier's previous victims, but they thought it made the film too complicated so they just made him a normal alligator.

And yet the subplot with Ray the Cajun Stereotype Meth Mouth Firefly that had zero impact on the rest of the story remained.

As did the extra layers of bloat surrounding Dr. Facilier’s entire plan.
If the plan was to kill Big Daddy and steal his money, why would you need Naveen in the first place?
Just kidnap Big Daddy and have Laurence pose as HIM instead. Why even wait until Charlotte married Naveen?

Or if you want Laurence to marry into the LeBoeuf family, why not just kill Big Daddy as soon as they met. You’ve got a voodoo doll of the man, just stab the thing in the heart and it’ll look like he had a heart attack. Charlotte seeks comfort in the arms of Naveen, proceed to empty the accounts.

Louis being a victim was without a doubt the LEAST complicated part of that draft!

I mean I liked the movie alright, but it was clear to me in the theater that they should have passed the story by a few more editors.

Surferboy567

Or if you want Laurence to marry into the LeBoeuf family, why not just kill Big Daddy as soon as they met. You’ve got a voodoo doll of the man, just stab the thing in the heart and it’ll look like he had a heart attack. Charlotte seeks comfort in the arms of Naveen, proceed to empty the accounts.

This would make too much sense :)

If they did this the movie wouldn’t last very long.

RSoxNo1

I mean...if you are already going to retheme splash...why not go all the way?

I’m not saying this should or will be done but it makes sense.
I'd like to formally replace the following two beacons previously assigned to me:

• it's a small world should move to EPCOT
  • Toy Story Land should have integrated a Speedway style attraction in and around Slinky Dog Dash
With the following:

• Liberty Square up to Splash Mountain should be re-themed to New Orleans Square

Brer Oswald

I'd like to formally replace the following two beacons previously assigned to me:

• it's a small world should move to EPCOT
  • Toy Story Land should have integrated a Speedway style attraction in and around Slinky Dog Dash
With the following:

• Liberty Square up to Splash Mountain should be re-themed to New Orleans Square
I much preferred moving Small World to Epcot, because that opened up a huge spot for an appropriate Pinocchio E-Ticket.

Brer Oswald

Nah, Frozen, Tangled and Beauty and the Beast are going there in my head.
Frozen is in Epcot. I’m vetoing Tangled because it is the most boring snooze of a movie Disney’s ever made. And BatB thematically is land locked a ways away from the Small World. Unless they split the building into two rides (Pinocchio and BatB), with the Entrance for the BatB ride where the Village Haus washrooms currently are.

I guess you could retheme Village Haus to Red Rose, but three BatB restaurants is pretty excessive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom