Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
To answer your question: Disney doesn’t always do the best decision making. Journey Into Imagination. The original California Adventure. Leaving a bunch of pads open at EPCOT for 40 years. Taking out any evening light parade at MK.

But your point was wondering "why Tiana"? And I answered, "Because Disney has always been promoting her all along." As well as the other members of The Disney Princesses (c). The board doesn't lack continual calls for a Tiana restaurant somewhere on WDW property.

Don't know why you would think the promotion of Tiana and Facilier, already both successfully promoted, is part of a series of bad decisions.

bryanfze55

It's called kowtowing. But whatev's, right? Just go with the flow...

I like how the 'over a year' is forcefully tacked into the opening sentence. It's okay to tell the truth Bob's. We can take it. We can also tell when we're being lied to.

Personally, I could care less what it's themed to, just as long as it's quality. The current ride is cute, and my kids like the quickening pace of music and kinetic energy that builds before the big drop.

Zippity do da is the only thing I'll miss. The storyline is so shallow at this point it's barely cohesive as it stands. It's just a bunch of animals chasing each other and getting in a tangle with a gator. Whooptie doo..

How much less could you care?

MickeyMouse10

I don't think it is necessary, but Disney is easily convinced to change things. Like they did with the redhead in Pirates. Plus they probably think they can make more money off Princess and the Frog (ala Frozen).

The_Jobu

If you want to be really cynical, Disney has announced this with the expectation that a lot of people will be motivated to visit their parks right now in order to have a chance to see Splash Mountain one last time.

If you want to be really, really cynical, Disney did that knowing that the demographic that would be most brokenhearted about losing Splash Mountain is also the demographic that is least likely to be intimidated with the idea of traveling to a crowded theme park in the middle of a deadly pandemic.

I like the way you think guy...

PeoplemoverTTA

After our last visit, Splash became my 6-year-old’s favorite ride. We rode it over and over again one chilly evening when we visited last December.

She likes PatF, but I doubt the new ride will match the wit and charm of the original.

I'm sure your 6-year old picks up the nuanced wit and charm of the original, and won't love the new ride just as much due to immersive storytelling and oh yeah, the DROP. Which is likely why most kids like it.

denyuntilcaught

How sad it must be for certain people to go through life finding offense in everything and anything they can come up with. It must be exhausting. The list of offenses will never end with these people. It's never enough.

I don't believe those who are advocating for the Splash conversion were "finding offense in everything." I also don't believe you really have a place to invalidate someone else's thoughts on an attraction based on a controversial source.

noodles

How sad it must be for certain people to go through life finding offense in everything and anything they can come up with. It must be exhausting. The list of offenses will never end with these people. It's never enough.
I'm going to convert to their way of thinking. And I'm going to try to ruin every single thing they hold near and dear. Me and about 50 million more if the lunacy doesn't stop soon.

ddbowdoin

We, the regular folk, come to Disney to enjoy age old attractions that mean something to us, our families, memories of many trips etc.

what’s annoying and frustrating is a very small and vocal minority who think tearing down statues, changing names, forcing their perverse vision of history into such benign things as theme park attractions will ACTUALLY MAKE TANGIBLE CHANGES IN THE REAL WORLD.

meanwhile, the true elite sit back ... because they know this is a diversion from Real change. It keeps the rage of the youth at bay, diverts attention from real change, and us regular folk are left losing loved attractions.

BigDlover

But your point was wondering "why Tiana"? And I answered, "Because Disney has always been promoting her all along." As well as the other members of The Disney Princesses (c). The board doesn't lack continual calls for a Tiana restaurant somewhere on WDW property.

Don't know why you would think the promotion of Tiana and Facilier, already both successfully promoted, is part of a series of bad decisions.
Not to mention replacing Splash Mountain, which is based on a movie with racially insensitive moments against black people, with a black princess movie is very empowering.

Sundown

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

How sad it must be to blithely going through life without awareness of the pain of an oppressed people in their midst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom