Splash Mountain falling apart (literally?)

MerlinTheGoat

Drops and Thrills alone do NOT an E-ticket make...
This. If thrills were all that mattered, the coasters from Six Flags could be considered E Tickets. Thrills aren't a prerequisite for a ride to be labeled as an E ticket. E tickets can and do exist without any thrilling elements whatsoever.

Classics such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Horizons, World of Motion, Imagination (original), Spaceship Earth. All E Tickets, few to no thrills whatsoever. The drops in Splash Mountain aren't what makes it an E Ticket. It's the awesome sets, animatronics, music, and just the entire package. The drops are most definitely important, very much so. But the ride would still be an E Ticket without them if it still had everything else going for it.

JustInTime

AGREED! I rode the Mansion about a year before its refurb. Then I rode it afterward, and my god, what a difference! Superb job of bringing the mansion back to uh, afterlife. But then they had to go and add all the new graveyard junk to the entrance...and worse, replaced the Hitchhiking Ghosts in the Doom Buggies with those lame, unimpressive, obvious projections at the end...one step forward, one step back...sigh...
I actually like these new additions.

Yert3

Only my opinion and I am sure I will get blasted for it, but I just don't get the appeal of Splash, nor do I feel it is an E ticket ride. To me the 10 second drop is slightly thrilling, but to those who like to complain about it, if you don't like it, don't ride it, thats what I do.
The drop is my least favorite part of the ride. Not that I don't like it, it's really fun. But the reason I go on splash is for the Music and the characters. I always sing along (and probably drive everyone else nuts, but I don't care.)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This. If thrills were all that mattered, the coasters from Six Flags could be considered E Tickets. Thrills aren't a prerequisite for a ride to be labeled as an E ticket. E tickets can and do exist without any thrilling elements whatsoever.

Classics such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Horizons, World of Motion, Imagination (original), Spaceship Earth. All E Tickets, few to no thrills whatsoever. The drops in Splash Mountain aren't what makes it an E Ticket. It's the awesome sets, animatronics, music, and just the entire package. The drops are most definitely important, very much so. But the ride would still be an E Ticket without them if it still had everything else going for it.
And that's what some kids of today don't get.

PhilharMagician

I'll be gauging the quality of the refurb on whether or not the tarps stay up over load.
No tarps...ok refurb.
Tarps...fail.

How about getting the other half of the AA's working again?

BTW tarps are the new "IN" thing. WE have them in MK, AK, Epcot and probably in DHS soon

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The AAs are a given....I hope.
The tarps remaining means they've given up on the problem. That won't do.

If I knew though that the rock issue had been addressed, I think i could live with the tarps knowing the cover it gives the CMs during the summer. If.....

ThankstoMOM

Well said!!!!!!!!!

the.dreamfinder

I couldn't. I like the open load area that exists at all Splash Mountains.
Tarps only show up when there is a falling rock issue. Both should go bye-bye.
Shouldn't this have triggered an automatic refurb??
I guess that whole we provide quality, MAGICAL experiences thing.

ToTBellHop

Didn't they already have large umbrellas?
The tarp for shade thing is ridiculous. Those tarps look trashy and even Six Flags wouldn't allow them to stay for more than a season. Temporary fix to get to a pre-planned refurb after the holidays, I can deal with I guess (or at least understand the reasoning). But, this is not a reasonable permanent solution to a crumbling mountain. At all. And I'm sorry, but CMs are too hot? They chose to A. move to Florida and B. work in a theme park in said state. If CMs at Blizzard Beach can work all summer in the sun wearing next to nothing, I think the Splash CMs (who have dealt with Florida sunshine since 1992) can do the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom