Splash Mountain Evacuated Today

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Splash Mountain Evacuated Today (Update: Pictures Added)

Time is currently 5:45 PM and Splash Mountain is currently being evacuated. Guests are exiting ride vehicles at their mid-ride emergency stopping point and water flow has been shut off. Pictures will be uploaded soon.
No news yet as to why. Has anyone heard anything about this yet?

Tk

Dizknee_Phreek

that was FAST, Tk! where are you that you could find this out and post it so quickly on the net?
be sure and let us know as soon as you hear anything!

Dizknee_Phreek

can you imagine stopping as you're making that final climb? holy cow, i'd freak out!
so where exactly is this mid-ride emergency stopping point?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There have been some power issues around WDW today. Epcot had a major power outage which shut off all the attractions and charge card services. The situation was restored pretty quickly at Epcot. The MK situation may be related.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by wdwmagic
There have been some power issues around WDW today. Epcot had a major power outage which shut off all the attractions and charge card services. The situation was restored pretty quickly at Epcot. The MK situation may be related.

Hopefully it'll be just that...

Thanks, boss! :wave:

Nineinchnailsmk

thread drift,

it was neat when the power went out at epcot last september when my fiancee and i went. We were sitting there at Mitsukoshi (sp) and all of a sudden the lights went out...then the air vents shut off and the room filled with smoke for a min. They came back to tell us that the power would be out for a hour to hour and a half, but it came on in 2 mins! Magic of Disney. I hate to say it, but I would love to be stuck on Spaceship Earth during a power outage (they have emergency lights right?) I would love to see the inside in the light. Maybe next time Ill get lucky...lol. :hammer:

Hopefully nothing bad happened. I know they shut the ride down during bad weather (lightning), however, do they have a radar, or do they shut down and kick everyone off when the lightning starts?

Sorry, cant spell today....

Thanks

careship

Originally posted by wdwmagic

Power issues weather related or what?

Shaman

Perhaps "evacuated" is over dramatizing things (don't really know...wasn't there) but maybe Splash just broke down, and people were just taken off the ride.

If this was an issue with power, I wonder why Disney hasn't found a way to stop the outages from occuring. I'd hate to be stuck on RnRC when the power went out....or maybe even ToT.....but then again hmmmm....I wonder.....

Just some thoughts:animwink: .

Originally posted by Nineinchnailsmk
thread drift,

it was neat when the power went out at epcot last september when my fiancee and i went. We were sitting there at Mitsukoshi (sp) and all of a sudden the lights went out...then the air vents shut off and the room filled with smoke for a min. They came back to tell us that the power would be out for a hour to hour and a half, but it came on in 2 mins! Magic of Disney. I hate to say it, but I would love to be stuck on Spaceship Earth during a power outage (they have emergency lights right?) I would love to see the inside in the light. Maybe next time Ill get lucky...lol. :hammer:

Hopefully nothing bad happened. I know they shut the ride down during bad weather (lightning), however, do they have a radar, or do they shut down and kick everyone off when the lightning starts?

Sorry, cant spell today....

Thanks

well actually my mom and i were on the people mover in wdw and u know how it goes into space mountain....well when we went in all the lights were on! It was really cool, but kinda scary b/c all u see is the twisted metal! lol my mom managed to snap a few pictures too which are really awesome!

Mandy

CuBlink

Well I'm not sure if this is related or not but...

Hulk lost power at IOA today around 3 pm, they made everyone leave the ride station and removed everyone from the trains. Maybe some power issues in Orlando??

JTFerret

Not to be confused with Hulk the movie which lost power after its first week!!! :rolleyes: Sorry, thread drift and all I know but I couldn't help myself. :D

dxwwf3

Originally posted by JTFerret
Not to be confused with Hulk the movie which lost power after its first week!!! :rolleyes: Sorry, thread drift and all I know but I couldn't help myself. :D

Ouch!!! :lol:
And yes that was a wonderful comeback that fit perfectly.

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Splash Mountain Evacuation Pictures

Here are some pictures of the evacuation.

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

:sohappy:

Tk

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Whether related or not,

MK maingate turnstiles were also shut down for a short period of time (while the computer system that runs the turnstile/ticket system was rebooted.)

Also, adjacent attractions to SM (i.e. Thunder Mountain) continued to operate during the SM shutdown. SM re-opened later in the day.

Tk

ucf disneyfan

The evac had nothing to do with weather or power issues. A woman got out of her log at A lift (the first lift right as you get out of station). Then she started walking down the staircase there that leads directly to the Drop 4 Brake. After a CM and I were spieling to her to stop moving so we could come get her she continued to walk straight into the Drop 4 Brake. When this happens an Emergency Stop automatically hast to be hit in tower. And thats what happened. At first we weren't going to evac. But when we started reseting the ride it wasn't agreeing with us so we had to evac. I think in one of those pictures posted you can see my back by the Old Mill (B lift). I wish it were a little bigger so I could see. I want to take those pictures into work to show everyone that their pictures are posted on the internet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom