Splash Mountain Evacuated Today

Maria

Originally posted by ucf disneyfan
The evac had nothing to do with weather or power issues. A woman got out of her log at A lift (the first lift right as you get out of station). Then she started walking down the staircase there that leads directly to the Drop 4 Brake. After a CM and I were spieling to her to stop moving so we could come get her she continued to walk straight into the Drop 4 Brake. When this happens an Emergency Stop automatically hast to be hit in tower. And thats what happened. At first we weren't going to evac. But when we started reseting the ride it wasn't agreeing with us so we had to evac. I think in one of those pictures posted you can see my back by the Old Mill (B lift). I wish it were a little bigger so I could see. I want to take those pictures into work to show everyone that their pictures are posted on the internet.

Thanks for explainning what happened! Now tell us please... what was the woman thinking??? Why did she get off the log?:rolleyes: Must be a nightmare for cast members when evacuation happens there! I know it was not any nice to do it at El Rio del Tiempo when I had to do it, and it´s considerably smaller!. ;)

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Was the reason for the evac explained to the guests beyond "technical difficulties"? I ask because some of the guests in the area were talking about how upset they were that someone stood up (got out of the boat) in the ride and that's what caused the whole thing to shut down. I'm guessing that they must have witnessed it first hand.

The reason for the small size of the pictures was done on purpose. They were taken with my remote controlled airplane that I like to fly around the MK area. Or maybe there are 12 people that work for me whose job it is to rotate through the parks every day (3 per park) and document any newsworthy events. Or maybe I am a cm who ran to the breakroom, grabbed my mini cam, and shot the pics in time to make it back to FastPass check before anyone missed me.

Tk

pepsistar

:D Timekeeper : Thanks to the roving reporter for another job WELL DONE!! Just love the current /pictures news!!!! :D ( Hope your boss is not on this site???? :lookaroun )

Did everyone get a fastpass to return?? Some times you just wonder--- what people do ??? Why???

Re: Splash Mountain Evacuation Pictures

Originally posted by Timekeeper
Here are some pictures of the evacuation.

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

:sohappy:

Tk

Great pics!Thanks!

but ok seriously,what was that lady thinking? 'hm I feel like having a churro, I think I'll just leave this ride right now,this second!'

EmeraldDolphin

Timekeeper... cool pics! Thanx for the info!

UCF Disneyfan... thanx for explaining the evac... I'm so glad it wasn't something serious...

Catch22... you are sooo right! People sometimes are so stooopid! ... that sure was one of 'em!

careship

Re: Re: Splash Mountain Evacuation Pictures

Originally posted by imagineergurl
Great pics!Thanks!

but ok seriously,what was that lady thinking? 'hm I feel like having a churro, I think I'll just leave this ride right now,this second!'

:lol: :lol: Thanks alot, now I feel like having a churro.:lol: :lol: :lol:

careship

Re: Re: Re: Re: Splash Mountain Evacuation Pictures

Originally posted by imagineergurl
hehe...oops *runs*:lol:

Well, I'll be there in 3 days and first thing I'm doing is getting a churro....so there...

run far and run fast

nikechic

it was neat when the power went out at epcot last september when my fiancee and i went. We were sitting there at Mitsukoshi (sp) and all of a sudden the lights went out...then the air vents shut off and the room filled with smoke for a min. They came back to tell us that the power would be out for a hour to hour and a half, but it came on in 2 mins! Magic of Disney. I hate to say it, but I would love to be stuck on Spaceship Earth during a power outage (they have emergency lights right?) I would love to see the inside in the light. Maybe next time Ill get lucky...lol.

My friends have been stuck at the very top of Spaceship Earth and had to be evacuated. They never said that the inside all lit up was neat or anything but they always have complained that its a really long walk down.

careship

It may be a long walk down, but it has to be fun.

I was stuck in the Haunted Mansion in a Thunderstorm when I was very little. The mansion scared me for years. I also got stuck in the Skybuckets when a storm rolled in. They moved them all in and got everyone off quickly and safely, but man I have always hated heights.

nikechic

it was neat when the power went out at epcot last september when my fiancee and i went. We were sitting there at Mitsukoshi (sp) and all of a sudden the lights went out...then the air vents shut off and the room filled with smoke for a min. They came back to tell us that the power would be out for a hour to hour and a half, but it came on in 2 mins! Magic of Disney. I hate to say it, but I would love to be stuck on Spaceship Earth during a power outage (they have emergency lights right?) I would love to see the inside in the light. Maybe next time Ill get lucky...lol.

My friends have been stuck at the very top of Spaceship Earth and had to be evacuated. They never said that the inside all lit up was neat or anything but they always have complained that its a really long walk down.

rosie.ca

a woman got out of her log just before the big drop when I was last on splash mountain at the end of last may .She just stood there beside the exit ..sigh... it took forever to get going again...why why WHY do people get out ?

Originally posted by nikechic

*stops running*

Once upon a time,a long long time ago, my dad and his cousin got stuck in Spaceship Earth too. They got to walk the whole ride and my dad has pictures of his cousin with some of the animatronics. I wanna be my dad!!Whenever Im on a ride and it breaksdown I just get to sit there for like half an hour till it starts again. *sigh* I'll never be lucky enough to get evacuated...

*keeps running*

Chris

This is not the first time someone has tried to leave a ride in the middle. I was on ToT last year and a woman freaked out and worked her way out from under the bar. I don't know where she thought she was going but she was definitely getting out of the seat. They stopped our elevator and told her to sit back down several times but she could not get back under the safety bar. Then they slowly lowered the elevator and took us all off. It was amazing how fast the CM's stopped the ride. They actually halted us in mid fall. If they hadn't the crazy woman could have really gotten hurt. After they took us all off, they offered any of us that wanted to ride again an immediate return ride.

ucf disneyfan

Originally posted by pepsistar
Did everyone get a fastpass to return?? Some times you just wonder--- what people do ??? Why???

Yes, we just handed out all the fastpasses we had lying around and told the people to come back anytime of the day. And to answer your second question, I am always wondering why guests do some of the things they do. I think the heat was getting to people yesterday because they were acting extra dumb.

WDW1971

Re: Re: Re: Splash Mountain Evacuation Pictures

Originally posted by careship
:lol: :lol: Thanks alot, now I feel like having a churro.:lol: :lol: :lol:

You have quite a long ride to get one from where you are!!! :lol:

WDW1971

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Splash Mountain Evacuation Pictures

Originally posted by careship
Well, I'll be there in 3 days and first thing I'm doing is getting a churro....so there...

run far and run fast

I guess I should have read more before posting. Have fun!

:D

WDW1971

Originally posted by nikechic

Is there an echo in here???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom