Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain Refurb?

Thrill

My notes are in red...

I'd add Backlot Tour to the removal list and Wishes to the overhaul list, but that's just me.

I mostly agree with this list. I don't think Wishes is in dire need of an overhaul, but it would be welcome. Only serious disagreement I have is for the Muppets. There are still a couple of effects issues that should be fixed.

I would add Countdown to Fun and Celebrate a Dream Come True to the replacement list, and remove the Flying Carpets, as well.

Jakester

Wishes is still good, sure add some new pyro effects, but overall, its still a good Nightly Fireworks show.
During busy seasons, it would be cool to see a permiter finale.

pegsina

Maybe I've got a flame coming for this, but...

It's called off/low-season for a reason. The park ticket may not be cheaper, but the lodging etc is. This means lower crowds and an opportune time to take things down. I'd think that the different classification alone would make people think about this - you may not know exactly what will be down, but it's sure it will be something...

IMHO, the reduced crowds still make up for the few things that are down!

Fantasmic

Rode splash AGAIN last night during EMH and it was awful, Br'er Fox holding the hunny pot over Br'er rabbit was so broken and facing the wrong direction! Numerous critters not working and numerous stops and loss of audio. Br'er Porcupine's track was out of sync with everything else.

It really really REALLY needs to go down for a lengthy rehab to restore it to its former glory. It seems so unloved!

janoimagine

Your point is an opinion and carries no more validity than those who feel the contrarary.

Perhaps ifDisney actually added some major attractions there would be less impact on having one closed.

I never claimed it did :shrug: ... and I agree IF they add additional attractions THEN this is a moot point.

Scuttle

Anyone heard an update to the schedule? Hoping this gets done before my trip next September.

I know I speak as a local, but they just need to put it down now! It sounds like it is in horrible shape and nowhere near show ready. That's right "show ready" doesn't apply to WDW, but for some reason it does at DL. I just hope they put it down immediately and fix it. Ill be riding it Oct. 1 unless it's insanely busy. I'll be sure to report back.

NoChesterHester

I know I speak as a local, but they just need to put it down now! It sounds like it is in horrible shape and nowhere near show ready. That's right "show ready" doesn't apply to WDW, but for some reason it does at DL. I just hope they put it down immediately and fix it. Ill be riding it Oct. 1 unless it's insanely busy. I'll be sure to report back.

If they put it down now it may not have to overlap Test Tracks closure. Three major e-tickets down at once from January to June would be a nightmare over Easter.

NewfieFan

Only three months, not the rumored six, are listed. Is that because Disney has scaled it back? Also, isn't January when Splash always goes down for its yearly refurb? Frontierland will be hurtin' in January 2012...

It may be longer than posted... doesn't the Disney World calendar currently only go up to March!?! It may extend into April, May, or even longer, who knows!?! :shrug:

Scuttle

I'm so happy about this announcement you'd think a new ride was announced. It's about time TDO steps up their game and get these rides show ready.

SeaCastle

I had heard that any major refurb of the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad would have involved the Rivers of America to be drained so a crane could be brought in to replace the lift mechanism inside the mountain, but perhaps this is no longer the case.

Thrill Seeker

I had heard that any major refurb of the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad would have involved the Rivers of America to be drained so a crane could be brought in to replace the lift mechanism inside the mountain, but perhaps this is no longer the case.

They could dam just that section... The river boat would have to be shut down in the meantime... but I could be wrong... Now I know I need to pick up a shift at Thunder in January...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom