Spirited WDW Observations, News and Provocative Comments

hack2112

And, seeing that it's Fig, nor could I. Which one is it?

What I think is ridiculous are the people that buy pins just for the sake of it, and just because Disney made it. Pins for days of the week? Pins for months? At some point, it's superfluous.
Here's a pic of the pin. Sorry it took so long, I was in rehearsal all day.

Photoon2010-01-20at2237.jpg

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Right on with you.

I buy a few "topics" like EPCOT or Figment, but by no means are all of those things necessary. Or are they worth anything. They up charge on pins by at least 75%.

Yeah, I'm thinking closer to 90%, but as much as a "rip-off" we can say it is, it's supply and demand...they're still selling lots of pins...

WDW1974

Original Poster
You guys are going to besmirch my thread's good name by turning this into a pinhead conversation?

UGH!!!

Seriously, pins are evil. Pure and simple. And yeah, I have about 300-400 myself (including the Figment pin pictured above that was actually traded to me by the cutest little girl from South Dakota on her first magical WDW vacation last year!)

But they are evil ... like everything else Disney has taken a good thing and ruined it ... and by the amount of pins that wind up at outlets that are YEARS old, it's pretty obvious they can't sustain the crazyness that started in the late 1990s.

Oh ... and Disney needs to take a lesson from the OLC and ban pintrading from the parks. It's tacky as are the lanyards dangling from CMs.

hack2112

You guys are going to besmirch my thread's good name by turning this into a pinhead conversation?

UGH!!!

Seriously, pins are evil. Pure and simple. And yeah, I have about 300-400 myself (including the Figment pin pictured above that was actually traded to me by the cutest little girl from South Dakota on her first magical WDW vacation last year!)

But they are evil ... like everything else Disney has taken a good thing and ruined it ... and by the amount of pins that wind up at outlets that are YEARS old, it's pretty obvious they can't sustain the crazyness that started in the late 1990s.

Oh ... and Disney needs to take a lesson from the OLC and ban pintrading from the parks. It's tacky as are the lanyards dangling from CMs.
I would apologize for derailing the thread, but it did get you back here, so all is well.

But I do remember the days where I was completely crazy about pins. Good times... Good, expensive times...

EPCOT Explorer

Here's a pic of the pin. Sorry it took so long, I was in rehearsal all day.

Photoon2010-01-20at2237.jpg
Meh! See, that's one of the superfluous ones. Figments mood...on the same face!:brick: And there are like 20 of these! Who really needs that!? :lol:

Yeah, I'm thinking closer to 90%, but as much as a "rip-off" we can say it is, it's supply and demand...they're still selling lots of pins...
90? Yow.

UGH!!!

All for George's Money. :lol:

hack2112

Meh! See, that's one of the superfluous ones. Figments mood...on the same face!:brick: And there are like 20 of these! Who really needs that!? :lol:

Well I hadn't gotten a regular pin for a long time, so I figured why not.

But yes, it definitely isn't my coolest one. It doesn't even touch my Horizons or WoM pins.

hack2112

Ahhh. Nice. Seen those on eBay. Now THOSE, I think, have worth. :lol:

I do have the WoM logo on a WDI button, though.
No. It's from the "remember when" limited series they did. I was there for the release of the WoM pin, and I made sure I was therefor the Horizons one. I believe it was around Epcot's 25th.

Here's a pic:
1_9bbf7547d6a8113f14ec472ab82b8ab6.jpg

And here's my Horizon's one:
1_474fc77856bfdfa97982dff6cf6a0584.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

No. It's from the "remember when" limited series they did. I was there for the release of the WoM pin, and I made sure I was therefor the Horizons one. I believe it was around Epcot's 25th.

Here's a pic:
1_9bbf7547d6a8113f14ec472ab82b8ab6.jpg

And here's my Horizon's one:
1_474fc77856bfdfa97982dff6cf6a0584.jpg
Ah, I know which ones. Nice stuff.

Can't see the pics, though.

EDIT: Yes, I can. :lol:

RSoxNo1

^^

$$$$$$$

They want the country in question to help out.

Something tells me you have outbid me on a few of these...:fork::lookaroun

I don't own any of them unfortunately. I bid this one up to $50 or 60 before I realized how crazy that was.

I actually e-mailed Disney recently about merchandise
To Whom it may Concern,
On recent trips to Walt Disney World I have noticed an absence in merchandise options that seem to be glaring omissions. Below are a list of items I would love to be able to purchase on subsequent vacations:

1. Candles and/or Car Air Fresheners featuring the scents of Soarin' and Mickey's PhilharMagic
2. Hand Towels featuring the Hollywood Tower Hotel logo (Bathrobes and normal sized towels are available, but no Hand Towels)
3. More Attraction posters available in the Disney Art on Demand kiosks.
Specifically Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
4. More "subtle" attraction specific merchandise. Specifically T-shirts that feature an attractions logo in small print (as if on a polo shirt).
5. Continued use of the classic Epcot logos. I have seen several vintage t-shirts that utilize these logos, and would like to see more products that feature these, on t-shirts, pins, and hats.

I hope you take the time to consider my suggestions, and I hope to hear back soon.

Thanks,

This was prompted by my desire to not spend ridiculous amounts on the 15th anniversary Epcot pin set when I see them listed individually on eBay. They could re-release a similar set (I'm not even sure the size of these ones, but I'd make them be an 1 1/2" wide and have two backings). The response I received back was as follows:

Barbie said:
Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts with us.

We make every attempt to provide our guests with a broad range of products and merchandise. Unfortunately, we are limited as to the scope of what we are able to carry at any given time due to the huge diverse nature of our company and its history. We discontinue and introduce new merchandise as often as we can in an attempt to meet the many requests for specific types of products. When we receive comments such as yours, they are shared with various members of our organization. The input we receive from our Guests lets us know what we are doing right and what we can do better. We appreciate your observations and will share them at the appropriate levels.

Barbie 1/21/2010
Walt Disney World
Merchandise Guest Services

EPCOT Explorer

I don't own any of them unfortunately. I bid this one up to $50 or 60 before I realized how crazy that was.

I actually e-mailed Disney recently about merchandise

This was prompted by my desire to not spend ridiculous amounts on the 15th anniversary Epcot pin set when I see them listed individually on eBay. They could re-release a similar set (I'm not even sure the size of these ones, but I'd make them be an 1 1/2" wide and have two backings). The response I received back was as follows:
Good letter, and I would be very interested in that merch. :lol:

Shame they sent you a form, though.
^ Good to see she finally made it out of Al's Toy Barn.

Hah! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom