Spirited Spring Break News, Observations & Thoughts ...

jlsHouston

I just read that. Wow, how disappointing.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!
2014-04-20-7536.jpg

This isn't at AK is it ? Who came up with this idea?:eek:

LithiumBill

And this again shows you how poorly operated WDW really is. They just look at the holiday and assume that it is going to be busy, so they schedule the parks (or really just the MK) to be open late and open extra dining locations etc ... and it makes no sense.

This week is NO holiday week in any sense.

You'd think that when making plans that TDO would look at WHEN Easter falls on the calendar before making said plans!

I was at WDW the week after Easter three years ago and, likewise, it was very slow.
Funny, it's school vacation week for my kids this week (we live in MA).

Cesar R M

Its this type of thinking that has already produced so many little cuts in the magic. Why not just buy an autograph book that already has every characters stamped autograph and save even more time. Then you can just walk up to the character, have a picture snapped and keep it moving. Or better yet you can just send Disney a photo of yourself and they will photo shop you into all the pictures you want with characters. Slippery slope. I understand that your simply trying to come up with a way to save time, and something should be done about the insane wait times, but not at the expense of the magic.
they could also invent a "stamp-a-sign-" or presignatured-glued-paper, a la walt disney.

The stamp is just "smash"the thing on the paper and signature done!

the presigned paper is just post-it like paper that bonds to the signature book.

those are my ideas.. maybe I should work as manager at WDW ;)

Cesar R M

IMO "magic" from writing a barely legible name on a piece of paper with a pen they can barely hold while holding up the line for others who want to experience the magic is debatable. It's funny, but it you think about it... more adults would likely have a problem with this being changed than the kids who the interaction is mainly with.
you just gave me a great idea about these books..
what if the books are PRE-SIGNED but with INVISIBLE ink?
and the characters are given a PEN which as a marker specifically to make the ink reveal itself?
so the signature is always perfect!

ALLRIGHT IGER, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.. MAKE IT WORK! ;)

SoupBone

they could also invent a "stamp-a-sign-" or presignatured-glued-paper, a la walt disney.

The stamp is just "smash"the thing on the paper and signature done!

the presigned paper is just post-it like paper that bonds to the signature book.

those are my ideas.. maybe I should work as manager at WDW ;)

If they were going to go that route, I'd prefer that all signatures come pre - signed in invisible ink, and then with the wave of a wand, tadah, the signature of that character magically appears before the child's eyes.

At least make it somewhat creative.

TinkerBell9988

All Ears Deb just posted a pic of the Mine Train running with guests.
Disney is filming a commercial/promo material. I received the casting call for this last week but could not submit myself due to scheduling conflicts. They are actors, not regular day guests.

EDIT: Oops did not see the post where you clarified with Deb's explanation. Sorry!

SoupBone

and the characters are given a PEN which as a marker specifically to make the ink reveal itself?

Holy crap, look right below you. Did we just become best friends?

1324590770811771.gif

WDWDad13

ah yes... but only when activated with a yellow magic band that includes purchased "bandits" :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom