Spirited Spring Break News, Observations & Thoughts ...

ToTBellHop

That's interesting. This is the kind of thing that I can forgive to a point because they're trying something revolutionary. Sometimes you've gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette, as they say. I'd rather pick a few shells out of my omelette than not have an omelette at all.

Mmmm... Omelettes.

I've got to imagine they'll come up with some sort of fix, and then hopefully learn from this mistake.
I struggle to forgive when an issue comes up, is known, and is largely ignored.

WDW1974

Original Poster
low crowds during this time aren't unheard of and we don't really know how accurate 35k is either...Touring Plans has the historical crowd levels during Easter Sunday in 2011 (which was also late that year away from spring break) at a level 3, and level 2 in 2012 which is both very low... so the crowds this past weekend weren't a surprise. Most are just comparing to last year's crowds which fell during most school's spring breaks

Easter Sunday
2011 (Apr. 24th) - crowd level 3 out of 10
2012 (Apr. 8th) - crowd level 2 out of 10
2013 (Mar. 31st) - crowd level 8 out of 10

And this again shows you how poorly operated WDW really is. They just look at the holiday and assume that it is going to be busy, so they schedule the parks (or really just the MK) to be open late and open extra dining locations etc ... and it makes no sense.

This week is NO holiday week in any sense.

You'd think that when making plans that TDO would look at WHEN Easter falls on the calendar before making said plans!

I was at WDW the week after Easter three years ago and, likewise, it was very slow.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
On this trip, we stayed at the Hilton Tokyo Bay, which literally has a monorail stop in front of it, and from our room we had a perfect view of the castle and space mountain. The resort is much like Disneyland in that there are great, economical hotel choices literally right outside the gate.

They DO have Disney resorts though. They have the Disneyland Hotel, which is beautiful and 200 feet outside the Magic Kingdom entrance... And they have the Mira Costa, which is an amazing hotel that literally sits INSIDE Disney Sea. We stayed at the Mira Costa in 2008, because we thought it would be a once in a lifetime trip... So we had to do it. But those rooms are $700 PER NIGHT.

We got TWO rooms at the Hilton (one for us, and one for the kids! :D) for half that, plus it included what we thought was a great breakfast buffet every morning. We got "happy magic" rooms, too... Which our little one loved. Each room had a magic mirror, one wall had a key and lock that when you turned it would light lights and make noises, and the walls and ceiling were painted as if you were sleeping under a tree.

Disney also has the Ambassador hotel, which is the more "budget" choice... But it was still way more than the Hilton, and funny enough, a lot further from the parks than we were.

From our room, it was about a 3 minute walk to the monorail stop, then the first stop was Disney Sea. Two stops later was Disneyland. It was nice at the end of a long day to hop on at DL and go one stop and be "home".

EDIT TO ADD: I happen to have a pic on this computer of our view when we stayed in the Mira Costa. How about waking up to THIS view every morning of your trip??
On my one trip to TDL, I also stayed at the Hilton Tokyo Bay, for the same reasons and with the same good results. The excellent breakfast buffet was a great way to fill up in the morning in preparation for the expensive small portions at the parks. I also loved the 7-11 type store in the Hilton, which was great for grabbing a coke and a few snacks to bring to the parks.

I was travelling solo, so the Happy Magic room I got upgraded to just caused me to snicker, but my kids, had they been with me, probably would have enjoyed it.

stevehousse

Yes the ride is running with actors filming a commercial for the new ride! I do not believe all that crap about problems with the ride at all a few days ago that were reported here! They would not let people on it I there were major problems. I'm sure it will be open in a few weeks time like it had been mentioned before! Can't wait to here first hand accounts soon!

yeti

It's not up here yet, but Kevin Yee has written a little something something about the new entertainment at Dinoland...Lucky the Dinosaur this ain't (not in a good way)

WDWDad13

And this again shows you how poorly operated WDW really is. They just look at the holiday and assume that it is going to be busy, so they schedule the parks (or really just the MK) to be open late and open extra dining locations etc ... and it makes no sense.

This week is NO holiday week in any sense.

You'd think that when making plans that TDO would look at WHEN Easter falls on the calendar before making said plans!

I was at WDW the week after Easter three years ago and, likewise, it was very slow.

that is a very good point! (holy #^& did I just agree with spirit? LOL!)

jlsHouston

Yep ... and if this blows up bigger, one wonders who might be caught in the collateral damage.

I doubt having Brooks Barnes on the payroll will keep this one buried.

From a FoxNews 12/5/2011:

"Feldman, 40, himself a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, unflinchingly warned of the world of pedophiles who are drawn to the entertainment industry last August. "I can tell you that the No. 1 problem in Hollywood was and is and always will be pedophilia,” Feldman told ABC’s Nightline. “That's the biggest problem for children in this industry... It's the big secret.”

WDWDad13

And here's the 'unofficial' new on Gringotts that you won't read in the Sentinel or see on the Today show, but will likely leave the Parkscope bois taking cheap shots at moi.

Gringotts has some major design flaws that, barring some miraculous 11th hour fix, is going to result in a lesser AND LOUDER experience than what was intended.

The bottom line is Grongotts' ride system is extremely noisy. And the folks making decisions apparently didn't get just how loud and attempt to mitigate it.

wow that's disappointing to hear... maybe they'll figure something out

on the flip side (and don't read into this as being a uni v/s Disney debate here because this is definitely apples and oranges, just in the same discussion because it relates to noise)

I was surprised when I saw the commercial shoot video for the SDMT how quiet that track actually was...seems like a pretty good design went into the noise of it based on where it is located

sporadic

It's not up here yet, but Kevin Yee has written a little something something about the new entertainment at Dinoland...Lucky the Dinosaur this ain't (not in a good way)
I just read that. Wow, how disappointing.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!
2014-04-20-7536.jpg

PhotoDave219

That's interesting. This is the kind of thing that I can forgive to a point because they're trying something revolutionary. Sometimes you've gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette, as they say. I'd rather pick a few shells out of my omelette than not have an omelette at all.

Mmmm... Omelettes.

I've got to imagine they'll come up with some sort of fix, and then hopefully learn from this mistake.

Mmmmmm Stalin.

I've heard rumblings that they're behind on a few things but nothing substantive either way.

I'd like to think that if motor noise is an issue, they'll fix it.

JK Rowling has to sign off on it, right?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yes the ride is running with actors filming a commercial for the new ride! I do not believe all that crap about problems with the ride at all a few days ago that were reported here! They would not let people on it I there were major problems

Who said 'major problems'? Were people working out on the track? YES. Was this happening extremely late in the schedule? YES Were there challenges? Obviously

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom