Spirited Spring Break News, Observations & Thoughts ...

jlsHouston

I remember walking past that with my friend and saying hey if it's around 3 dollars well get one. But 10 to 20 dollars for a plastic bag full of helium. A PLASTIC BAG FILLED WITH HELIUM. And yet people buy them.

Me, once...I thought I'd never get the boyfriend to shut up. He was intent on ruining the purchase. I'm starting to think after being on this thread I might be living with a Faux Top One Percenter...I think he might be one in disguise.:eek:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
But if you ask us anything about reality television? Were rather proud not to know the answer…

100% respect for that. Here in Atlanta, there are so many reality shows its nauseating. Sad thing is that anybody 'starring' (lol) in them expects the velvet ropes to be out for them wherever they go and they actually think people will know who they are. Granted, they have a small fan base but they act as if they are on the level of a Hollywood Star. I recently got scolded by a rep/friend for one of the "Atlanta Housewives" because I didn't know who she was when she pulled up to the event my company was hosting and she had to pay to get in. It was quite enjoyable to tell her friend/rep that they could LEAVE if she didn't like it. Reality TV people will show up to the opening of an envelope if they think any media will be there. It's sad and I have no love for them.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I can't spend this afternoon on MAGIC (as much as I'd like to, it isn't a holiday and I actually have lots to do to get ready for my Faux Top One Percent Spirited Spring Holiday) ... BUT ...

... when you get called out by a dead guy on Twitter, you know you own the Internet. When you hurt the feelings of a dead guy on the Twitter, you know you own the Internet. When said dead guy is anonymous and yet rails against you for doing the same thing, you know you own the Internet.

But I'd love if said dead guy joined the site (although, like everyone, I am sure he has a dormant account already here) and attacked me to my face (or at least my avatar, which is tired and going to be replaced soon!)

Now ... why does it seem that Bob Iger doesn't trust the information his Parks and Resorts people have been giving him about WDW? Maybe Card Walker can explain the recent change in Bob's strategy and attitude before I place it out here on MAGIC.

Oh, and finally, I am so joyful that the snowbirds have all left ... it makes SoFla so nice for all of a month before the wretched weather truly moves in for the 5-6 month summer.

PhotoDave219

100% respect for that. Here in Atlanta, there are so many reality shows its nauseating. Sad thing is that anybody 'starring' (lol) in them expects the velvet ropes to be out for them wherever they go and they actually think people will know who they are. Granted, they have a small fan base but they act as if they are on the level of a Hollywood Star. I recently got scolded by a rep/friend for one of the "Atlanta Housewives" because I didn't know who she was when she pulled up to the event my company was hosting and she had to pay to get in. It was quite enjoyable to tell her friend/rep that they could LEAVE if she didn't like it. Reality TV people will show up to the opening of an envelope if they think any media will be there. It's sad and I have no love for them.

You need to play "Full contact trivia" ... It's Athens/Atlanta based. That's wicked smart people trivia. Also brutal and bloodthirsty.

SoupBone

... when you get called out by a dead guy on Twitter, you know you own the Internet. When you hurt the feelings of a dead guy on the Twitter, you know you own the Internet. When said dead guy is anonymous and yet rails against you for doing the same thing, you know you own the Internet.

But I'd love if said dead guy joined the site (although, like everyone, I am sure he has a dormant account already here) and attacked me to my face (or at least my avatar, which is tired and going to be replaced soon!)

Ok man, you can't post stuff like this without providing a link or some other hints to find it. I'm genuinely intrigued. :bookworm:

Captain Chaos

So, any information or idea about what is supposed to be announced by Disney on Wednesday? Or is my friend having another dream that Disney actually makes big announcements for WDW anymore???

PREMiERdrum

I will say this about adults/character meet and greets. I had a very interesting encounter with Ariel at Akerhaus. There were some play on words in our conversation that were well within context of her character but we both knew what she meant. I promise you that there was nothing about her character or her costume that I was thinking about.

Did she happen to have a hint of a Michigan accent in her voice? Similar situation with Ariel at Akershus a few weeks ago.

SoupBone

So, any information or idea about what is supposed to be announced by Disney on Wednesday? Or is my friend having another dream that Disney actually makes big announcements for WDW anymore???

You didn't know already? Disney is announcing that all monorail operations will cease immediately, and that the monorail platform will be fitted to accommodate ECVs. Also, new construction of the ECV Rail will begin in the next few months, which will extend the routes to MGM and Animal Kingdom. Basically, you will be able to drive your Rascal from park to park.

COProgressFan

I had other issues with WDW on my trip, like the fact they couldn't keep dining areas clean. And, that makes me upset, because, as they focus on these "high tech" solutions for issues that didn't exist, they ignore basics.

I think this is one of WDW's biggest problems.

While spending billions on data mining schemes, (and admittedly necessary actual infrastructure works such as refurbing most MK buildings), they apparently forgot you still have to hire enough staff to bus tables, clean bathrooms, powerwash buildings, clean nasty monorails, change burned out lightbulbs, dust and remove bugs from lights, and shampoo carpets.

Across property, basic facilities maintenance is terrible. So sad for a place that was once kept spotlessly clean.

jlsHouston

I personally think meeting characters and taking pictures with them is part of the fun at WDW and DL. We are not really into the M&G line thing or wasting FP's for it. Loved Talking Mickey. He was really awesome. Woody and Jessie are faves too. I love character dining although I have slowed down on it past several trips because...the food is just the same old same old.
I agree the character thing can get obsessive but then who am to worry about other's ocd traits, I have my own to entertain.
That guy on Inside Disney Magic that had the FP issue for Elsa and Anna was kind of weird, but I would have been mad too about not being able to use a FP+ booking and CM's being useless. Miraculously all his efforts at City Hall pay off where IT suddenly says there was a glitch and he gets his M&G after all. Now he is all about denying he got any kind of special consideration from City Hall or the IT people.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
There is nothing wrong with meeting characters as adults...

Now obsessing over said characters ... that's a different story entirely and not even in the same bucket. It can be said a mature adult should 'know better' - People can have hobbies and interests... but there are reasonable boundaries.

Don't lie, you know you go apecrap over Flynn when he comes out....

Telling him he stole your name and all.

jlsHouston

Now ... why does it seem that Bob Iger doesn't trust the information his Parks and Resorts people have been giving him about WDW? Maybe Card Walker can explain the recent change in Bob's strategy and attitude before I place it out here on MAGIC.

What does this mean?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom