Spirited Spring Break News, Observations & Thoughts ...

PhotoDave219

And a new 'VP of transportation'? Didn't Disney hire some outside guy from up north to head up transportation shortly after the monorail accident and rash of bus incidents? Is that a different role

Im not 100% sure but I thought that guy was strictly in charge of Buses? Maybe it was all transport? Someone else would know.

But Yes, Kevin Lansbury - VP of DTD & Transportation at the time - was put in elsewhere after all those accidents and the untimely death of Pleasure Island. Lateral move, most likely.

asianway

Im not 100% sure but I thought that guy was strictly in charge of Buses? Maybe it was all transport? Someone else would know.

But Yes, Kevin Lansbury - VP of DTD & Transportation at the time - was put in elsewhere after all those accidents and the untimely death of Pleasure Island. Lateral move, most likely.
And then he got promoted to SvP travel co, then WDPR CFO. Helluva guy

Stevek

Universal selling Dole Whips just might expose this overrated treat as nothing special.
Just as Disney selling bigger than your head pink frosted Simpsons donuts has done. Never a line. In fact I never seen anyone eating one.

Our local yogurt place had Dole Whips for a couple of years. Yes, a bit overrated. I think people get caught up in the moment. Kinda like saying Disneyland churros are the best when I can get one far better at Costco for a buck.

Stevek

The furniture isn't bad for what you pay. I never pay a lot for furniture. A lot of the 1%ers didn't get where they are by buying expensive end tables. I'm trying to figure out your point when you come on here and make fun of those who like certain things or certain classes of people. I respect your insider news, but the elitism is something I can't get past. Maybe less of that?
We bought an entertainment center for our first apartment 20 years ago. When we decided to get something better for our house, I literally pushed the ikea one from the side and it easily fell apart. All those metal screw in connectors/anchors break quite easily with a forceful push.

Last edited:

tissandtully

We bought an entertainment center for our first apartment 29 years ago. When we decided to get something better for our house, I literally pushed the ikea one from the side and it easily fell apart. All those metal screw in connectors/anchors break quite easily with a forceful push.

Yeah, but what did you pay for it? That's my only qualm about Ikea, is that it is NOT a very environmentally friendly idea, leads to a lot of waste. I think they are working on it, but they need to be faster about it.

Stevek

Yeah, but what did you pay for it? That's my only qualm about Ikea, is that it is NOT a very environmentally friendly idea, leads to a lot of waste. I think they are working on it, but they need to be faster about it.
We didn't pay a ton...was 20 years ago and we were young and making far less money.

truecoat

We bought an entertainment center for our first apartment 29 years ago. When we decided to get something better for our house, I literally pushed the ikea one from the side and it easily fell apart. All those metal screw in connectors/anchors break quite easily with a forceful push.

Yeah, they do have a lot of that. On the other hand, I bought a table from them that I'll have for the rest of my life. It's made from real wood and can be expanded to handle easily 12 people.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not true at all, the computers at the attractions don't recognize parties in any way, it only shows if each individual person has a FP. Kilimanjaro often ignores the normal procedures because they can't move people through fast enough with this new system if they have everyone tap.
I applaud you for typing out 'Kilimanjaro' :D

I threw it out there to see if anyone knew if this was standard OP and maybe a tell in how they might tweak the system for dealing with that rush outside the FP queue

COProgressFan

.... If a CM dies in a multimillion dollar accident in the department that you oversee, I'm not 100% comfortable letting you stay with the company, letalone get promoted.

Let alone when the accident findings revealed it was the result of a complete failure of operations within said department, with a laundry list of issues pertaining to policies, procedures, etc. (i.e.,complacency)

PhotoDave219

Let alone when the accident findings revealed it was the result of a complete failure of operations within said department, with a laundry list of issues pertaining to policies, procedures, etc. (i.e.,complacency)

Which shows that it's a fundamental issue with Disney's management culture along with the underlying belief of "nothing bad can happen".....

Cesar R M

UNI has always had a much tighter grip on social media and leaks than Disney has.

They make it very clear ... while I don't want to talk about any individual, UNI's actions in this department shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

If you think they want people talking about future hotels (see the end of this post), let alone attractions of the future like Kong, they don't. They want excitement for current stuff. Not next year's offerings or stuff that is coming 3-4-5 years down the line.

On hotels, I got a survey after staying at Portofino Bay recently. It was VERY odd, but from UNI. It was only about hotels. There were questions that made you think they were trying to feel out whether they could do away with landline phones, desks, free toiletries, etc ... and what features were the most important when deciding where to stay.

That said, I was weirded out by questions asking me (when I was clear about having no kids with me on my trip) what age should kids be able to bathe themselves and what age should kids take showers instead of baths. They seemed creepy and weird to me.

at least they didnt ask you about what hand you use to wipe (so they know which side is better to put the toilet paper roll lol)

Cesar R M

"Excuse me, ladies, but did you know you're in the presence of a blogger? Shall we take a photo?"
haha oh wow! XD

The furniture isn't bad for what you pay. I never pay a lot for furniture. A lot of the 1%ers didn't get where they are by buying expensive end tables. I'm trying to figure out your point when you come on here and make fun of those who like certain things or certain classes of people. I respect your insider news, but the elitism is something I can't get past. Maybe less of that?
Do Ikea furniture have real wood and not plaster or filler?
because here in my country its way cheaper and better to contact a local carpenter than going to the big store chains.. all their furniture is designed to disintegrate in 5 years or less.

Im gonna be ill....
Could be worse.. Imagine him saying in a very creepy Hugh Hefner voice "Hey there girlfriends, care to have a night with this important blogger?"

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Not true at all, the computers at the attractions don't recognize parties in any way, it only shows if each individual person has a FP. Kilimanjaro often ignores the normal procedures because they can't move people through fast enough with this new system if they have everyone tap.
we watched it at so don't know of what you speak just what we saw this month

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom