Spirited Spring Break News, Observations & Thoughts ...

stevehousse

I do not think Facespace is the issue they need to worry about. Openly ripping it on the clock on stage is the one I find interesting.

I was just gonna type that! Even on our trip last Nov when it was "testing" I would ask every single cast member I came in contact with their opinion on the system. I would say 90% said they dont like it and thought it made something to do so simple before, way more complicated than it needs to be, especially from restaurant cms. about 10% would just shrug their shoulders in silence and say "it's ok", with that look on their face like they want to so badly say it sucks for them, but can't...lol

Future Guy

http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/2014/04/24/executive-changes-at-walt-disney-world/

The guy with a heavy transportation background now VP of Epcot? And a Finance chick over textiles horticulture & FAM?

I can't even

Reminds me of a Dilbert strip where the CEO introduced some obviously idiotic new executive by saying "We hired an executive with no experience in our industry because we wanted someone who doesn't know what can't be done!"

Are we even surprised? At this point they could make a soap carving the VP of EPCOT and I don't think it'd raise any eyebrows.

the.dreamfinder

I don't even know what to think. Is Hollywood full of gay pedophiles? I think so just from what has been publicized the past 20 years about the two Coreys. Is Singer a pedophile or openly gay with bad judgment because of an appetite for the "barely legal" ones. Is Disney connected to all this? Yes in my mind. Wasn't there something years ago with a child agent that managed a bunch of young Disney stars? Does this industry just continue to do nothing at all to protect the underage/minor child?
Perhaps this paragraph indicates some hope...at least for these twink parties
Those parties may be dying though. John says that Singer was "in a whole league of his own" when it came to house parties, but he believes that as homophobia erodes across the country and in L.A., the role these sorts of mythical bashes played is disappearing.

"We've seen a transition. In the entertainment industry [in the early 2000s], it wasn't okay to be out at these bars if you were gay," he says of places like TigerHeat. "So the need for these types of parties has dissipated. Bryan is one of the only guys that has kept things going."

But he muses that Singer will be scarred by Egan's lawsuit, and that the director once famous for hosting thousands of gays at his sparkling mansions will recede back into his homes alone.

DisneyGentleman

Reminds me of a Dilbert strip where the CEO introduced some obviously idiotic new executive by saying "We hired an executive with no experience in our industry because we wanted someone who doesn't know what can't be done!"
Epcot VP in charge of color theming...

Artist-Neil-Harbisson-at-TED-Talk.jpeg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
They also mentioned at the Safari on multiple occasions they saw them only scanning one person in a party for FP+ entrance, or not scanning at all.

The computer screen does show how many in the party are holding FP+ for an attraction. If you take notice most CMs are looking at their computer screen not Mickey head to turn Green. It works much like the Dining Plan, only one person in the party has to tap to use dining plan points for the entire party.

WDW1974

Original Poster
The furniture isn't bad for what you pay. I never pay a lot for furniture. A lot of the 1%ers didn't get where they are by buying expensive end tables. I'm trying to figure out your point when you come on here and make fun of those who like certain things or certain classes of people. I respect your insider news, but the elitism is something I can't get past. Maybe less of that?

I'm sorry, truly. I understand where you are coming from, but I can't change what makes me successful and I can't be afraid that an off the cuff comment is going to hurt some feelings (BTW, I have made two people nearly cry and upset my hair stylist over the fact I truly can't stand Ikea furniture and view it as dorm/throw away stuff that in reality isn't largely cheap -- those $13.99 tables I saw yesterday, aside).

Again, I am not judging people who buy furniture at Ikea ... I am just making a comment that it isn't for me.

And please recall that I am only a Faux Top One Percenter at the moment, but I have little doubt where I am headed!

WDW1974

Original Poster
OK, so haven't checked other crazy kiddie coaster threads, but someone fairly close to things told me that the coaster will likely be running early next week.

Also, do we have a thread yet about the May 1st doings for Disney-MGM's 25th Anniversary @wdwmagic? It will include a calvacade of Disney stars (and all of the Disney acquired ones that aren't Marvel), a dance party (when did that become the go-to entertainment option at WDW?) and a fireworks display at 9:30 p.m.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
Defects - not intentional violations of trust or shady actions. There is a huge difference between 'mistakes' and 'willful deception'. Remember.. the context here was a claim Disney being coy with what they are doing with the data, not how bullet proof they are. Disney has been very clear they won't market the personal data collected.

I don't trust Disney or any corporation for that matter (love those UAL numbers today Jeff Smisek! congrats for destroying one great airline by merging it with a crappy one!) ... I certainly wouldn't trust any of Disney's top execs as far as I could throw them.

If your only point is that Disney won't sell the data it is collecting (at least until it changes the fine print and decides to) then we are in total agreement. I don't believe they are engaing in ''willful deception'' with that at all.

WDW1974

Original Poster
The only connection that I could think of for those weird questions to be on a hotel survey would be if UNI was looking to have hotel rooms without installing bathtubs and just having showers. Since UNI is geared toward an older crowd maybe they are thinking of building rooms sans tubs. Maybe that would be cheaper for them and a way to save $$ on rooms. Just my guess on that.

That is likely the case, and you were not the only one to think that (another friend of yours suggested it!) and there were questions about tubs and shower stalls among the amenities listed.

UNI/Loew's is trying to ascertain just what it can remove from current resorts and/or not put into its fifth and sixth resort hotels.

PhotoDave219

I don't trust Disney or any corporation for that matter (love those UAL numbers today Jeff Smisek! congrats for destroying one great airline by merging it with a crappy one!) ... I certainly wouldn't trust any of Disney's top execs as far as I could throw them.

If your only point is that Disney won't sell the data it is collecting (at least until it changes the fine print and decides to) then we are in total agreement. I don't believe they are engaing in ''willful deception'' with that at all.

I think all three of us agree on that point.

I'm just wary that when the BOD starts seeing the balance sheets and the ROI on MM+, that may change....

WDW1974

Original Poster
Speaking of UNI, there was Today Show filming inside Gringotts today. I've been told the bank lobby in the queue with the Goblins moving is quite the sight to behold.

Someone suggested that UNI/Roberts might want to hold off the coverage until the same day Disney debuts the kiddie coaster and acts like it's the greatest things since Gary Buchanan's flying dragon.

The noise issue is well ... still an issue. They are working on it.

WeekendGM

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
No, I'm not surprised at all that they monitor employee's Twitter and FB accounts. I've worked for companies that do the same thing.

What interested me was that, supposedly, these watchers have been tasked with looking for negativity about MM+ and FP+ specifically.

Clearly they feel they have reason to believe that the cast might have some less than complimentary things to say. As if maybe they don't think it's the best thing ever and wish to tell their family and friends such......

That is interesting, but seriously that is the problem with technology today: it takes the place of real communication.

In the old days, well let's say a decade or more ago ...when you wanted to bash your employer to your friends and family, you did it by TALKING to them. Not Tweeting it. Not FB it. Not blogging it.

People need to use their brains. They are just as free as they would have been in 1994 to bash Disney (not much to bash back then but not the point), they just need to put the gadgets down and pick up a phone, like a real one that works and doesn't have an 'i' before it.

WDW1974

Original Poster
http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/2014/04/24/executive-changes-at-walt-disney-world/

The guy with a heavy transportation background now VP of Epcot? And a Finance chick over textiles horticulture & FAM?

I can't even

Literally, you just broke that news to me ... haven't seen or heard it anywhere, but I was occupied this evening and haven't had time to check elsewhere.

I can't believe that Erin 'Legs' Youngs, one of EPCOT's best ASSets, is being moved.

Honestly, this is typical TDO business as usual. Rearranging the patio furniture for spring. Do I get it? No. Is it typical? yes. Will it make any difference to guests? No. Does anyone know where Georgie was headed this afternoon?

StageFrenzy

Speaking of UNI, there was Today Show filming inside Gringotts today. I've been told the bank lobby in the queue with the Goblins moving is quite the sight to behold.

Someone suggested that UNI/Roberts might want to hold off the coverage until the same day Disney debuts the kiddie coaster and acts like it's the greatest things since Gary Buchanan's flying dragon.

The noise issue is well ... still an issue. They are working on it.

So do you know if there is any type of relationship between Niles and Uni?

WDW1974

Original Poster
When did 24 and 27 become "too old" for some people?

I can't stand people like Singer. Even if he's "only" chasing after "barely legal" boys, he's still perpetuating a negative stereotype about gay men that right-wingers love to use as amunition against the LGBT community. I'm hardly a prude myself, but come on, he does nothing for anyone (least of all himself) by behaving like this. But I guess when you have money and an ego you think you can get away with whatever you want.

Not that the boys who think they can squeeze as much money out of these creeps as they want don't deserve a smack up the side of their heads. Doing so not only provides no real financial security, it undermines all future attempts on their part to frame the situation as non-consensual.

At the risk of being labeled a hater, which I most assuredly am not (although my fanboi minions are all young, but over 18!), the gay community in Hollywood runs very young (and in many other places for that matter). It's all teens to early 20s. By the time you are 25, you might be over the hill. Late 20s or 30s? Don't expect a young boyfriend unless you have money and power.

I'm not justifying the behavior, but I lived in Beverly Hills for seven years and have considered myself an honorary Californian since the late 90s. It is the reality I saw regularly.

But rightwingers who would use Bryan Singer as some example of typical gay men are just crazy and ignorant. The man is quite likely a child rapist.

I do wonder what it says about one of my favorite actors (Kevin Spacey) that he has often been to these parties.

As to the kids, they are doing what young girls have done for years as well, using their bodies as a commodity. And all I want to know is what responsibility do the parents play? Your 15-year-old son is going to a party that is all male at the home of a Hollywood power broker for swimming parties with no swimsuit? How exactly do you picture that scenario ending? You may not get the point in the end ... but your kid will ... likely multiple points over the course of the evening.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I don't even know what to think. Is Hollywood full of gay pedophiles? I think so just from what has been publicized the past 20 years about the two Coreys. Is Singer a pedophile or openly gay with bad judgment because of an appetite for the "barely legal" ones. Is Disney connected to all this? Yes in my mind. Wasn't there something years ago with a child agent that managed a bunch of young Disney stars? Does this industry just continue to do nothing at all to protect the underage/minor child?

Yes ... and ... too late to give the answer I'd like.

I'm just wondering who at Disney is sweating bullets right now ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom