Spirited Spring Break News, Observations & Thoughts ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
So do you know if there is any type of relationship between Niles and Uni?

Do you mean like a boy and his plush?

Niles has more of a relationship with Disney. He worked for them. He met his future wife on the CP, I believe. His lovely mother works for them at Golden Oak.

What are you getting at?

WDW1974

Original Poster
OK, we all hate long goodbyes and it's about that time for me ... I have a much-needed, much-deserved vacation on the way ... and I've sorta been binging here this week to make up for the 'diet' on the way.

I'm not leaving just yet. Lots of juicy stuff going on, but I will be cutting my time back here my last few days (relax, I'll return in about 5-6 weeks time) and may wind up ignoring things just out of a lack of time. Don't take it personally.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
An educated guess would be that it was all planned and budgeted long ago and no one said 'cut it' ...
Indeed. In the planning for what? Four years plus now? that'll be when the first wave of queue games were introduced as the next best thing.

Clearly they feel they have reason to believe that the cast might have some less than complimentary things to say
Oh they certainly do ;)

Mr Bill

The computer screen does show how many in the party are holding FP+ for an attraction. If you take notice most CMs are looking at their computer screen not Mickey head to turn Green. It works much like the Dining Plan, only one person in the party has to tap to use dining plan points for the entire party.
Not true at all, the computers at the attractions don't recognize parties in any way, it only shows if each individual person has a FP. Kilimanjaro often ignores the normal procedures because they can't move people through fast enough with this new system if they have everyone tap.

StageFrenzy

Niles has more of a relationship with Disney. He worked for them. He met his future wife on the CP, I believe. His lovely mother works for them at Golden Oak.

What are you getting at?

What are you getting at?

Just wondering if Niles is the mouthpiece of universal in the Web sphere. He is gotten several behind the scenes art as well as broken a couple things.

aladdin2007

Literally, you just broke that news to me ... haven't seen or heard it anywhere, but I was occupied this evening and haven't had time to check elsewhere.

I can't believe that Erin 'Legs' Youngs, one of EPCOT's best ASSets, is being moved.

Honestly, this is typical TDO business as usual. Rearranging the patio furniture for spring. Do I get it? No. Is it typical? yes. Will it make any difference to guests? No. Does anyone know where Georgie was headed this afternoon?

I just dont get this at all, but then I never do when they make their shuffles that never make sense. Moving transportation vps into park vp's etc.... But if Eric Youngs called for or approved the horrific new paint scheme in future world, then good riddence already. (she probably didnt and probably was not even aware of it, heck she probably doesn't even know where future world plaza is) but some heads really need to start rolling on these choices.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
The computer screen does show how many in the party are holding FP+ for an attraction. If you take notice most CMs are looking at their computer screen not Mickey head to turn Green. It works much like the Dining Plan, only one person in the party has to tap to use dining plan points for the entire party.

But why treat that attraction different from the others?

flynnibus

Premium Member
And a new 'VP of transportation'? Didn't Disney hire some outside guy from up north to head up transportation shortly after the monorail accident and rash of bus incidents? Is that a different role

flynnibus

Premium Member
How exactly do you picture that scenario ending? You may not get the point in the end ... but your kid will ... likely multiple points over the course of the evening.

and when scorned.. can later claim 'rape'. Do they just have a long baggage train of scorned people they just pay off to keep this stuff from going legal? Given all the lawyers that would love the press and fat targets.. I'm amazed it hasn't gone nuclear before.

Funny... you are not absolved of your responsibilities of your own actions if you drive a car after getting drunk. But get drunk and have sex? Nope.. you're guaranteed protection as a 'victim' who isn't responsible for their choices.

Blech..

DocMcHulk

Someone just directed me to a Twitter post saying that Disney has an entire team dedicated to monitoring CM's social media accts. Supposedly on the lookout for negative posts/statements about MM+/FP+.

Oh, the joy if being a CM, huh?
I'm pretty sure it's bad practice to rip your employer publicly anywhere... let alone on social media. Heck, i got a write up from a previous employer because of something a FRIEND said about my job/employer.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure it's bad practice to rip your employer publicly anywhere... let alone on social media. Heck, i got a write up from a previous employer because of something a FRIEND said about my job/employer.

Good thing it's a previous employer.

If the employer can't handle valid criticism and doesn't allow open dialogue... then they are just creating an artificial view of themselves and ing into the wind.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
But why treat that attraction different from the others?

In some attractions it keeps the queue moving faster. It happened to us this month in the Safari queue where the queue is wide. It also happened in SSE queue, it is a dicey queue for the CMs, it is real clear sight line for the standby queue to see how many FP+ riders are being let in. They can move the FP+ guests in real quickly and then let standbys shuffle and keep moving. Ultimately it doesn't matter, they knew by the screen, how they managed the queue didn't change anything.

tissandtully

I'm sorry, truly. I understand where you are coming from, but I can't change what makes me successful and I can't be afraid that an off the cuff comment is going to hurt some feelings (BTW, I have made two people nearly cry and upset my hair stylist over the fact I truly can't stand Ikea furniture and view it as dorm/throw away stuff that in reality isn't largely cheap -- those $13.99 tables I saw yesterday, aside).

Again, I am not judging people who buy furniture at Ikea ... I am just making a comment that it isn't for me.

And please recall that I am only a Faux Top One Percenter at the moment, but I have little doubt where I am headed!

That's fair, I wasn't offended that you didn't like IKEA and most certainly wasn't going to cry about it. Some people like expensive furniture some find it a waste of money and most of all A PAIN TO MOVE, ha!

71jason

UNI/Loew's is trying to ascertain just what it can remove from current resorts and/or not put into its fifth and sixth resort hotels.

Sort of shoots down the idea (not from you but pretty much conventional wisdom elsewhere) that the fifth hotel would be "ultra-luxury" class. Don't get me wrong, I'm intrigued by the idea of a hotel with no desks/landlines/tubs, but sounds like trying to create a new value resort paradigm.

WildcatDen

but your kid will ... likely multiple points over the course of the evening.
If a slow head shake counts as a like, consider the post liked.
Rather sickening, really, but your point about the parallel between the sexes using their 'talents' in an effort to get ahead is not new.

Rodan75

Anyone who doesn't think that Singer (and likely Goddard) had some fun with the twi ... I mean tink ... I mean twin twinks is just not aware of what goes on in the business.

I hear Singer prefers to be on the bottom ...

Just because Singer likes to bottom for twin twinks doesn't make him into underage boys.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom