Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue_Vongello

Wait a min ... I think the subversive Disney Internet spies are trying to throw us off by talking about fatties, running etc ... @WDW1974 bring us back on topic ... what are the D23 announcements and we know Disney feels pressure to atone for last year but is that atonement one more major announcement or something more broad and exciting and earth shattering!?

cheezbat

It's a difficult situation but many of us consider Epcot our favorite park more because of what it was and what good is left more than what it has been turning into over the past decade.
Ain't that the truth.

Epcot still has a charm, even though its been butchered so much from its original form. DAK and DHS just pale in comparison to MK and Epcot. A pretty park with so little to do just doesn't cut it for me.

misterID

Ain't that the truth.

Epcot still has a charm, even though its been butchered so much from its original form. DAK and DHS just pale in comparison to MK and Epcot. A pretty park with so little to do just doesn't cut it for me.

You said in three sentences what it took me three paragraphs. EPCOT has a tendency to cause me to go off in a rant.

BryceM

Epcot is my favorite Disney park, with Magic Kingdom trailing behind it. Disney's Animal Kingdom is beautiful, and with a lot more attractions and re-theme of Chester & Hester's, it could move up past Magic Kingdom. I'm also not particularly fond of Camp Minnie-Mickey at DAK, but I guess it's leaving for Avatar, so...

Calvin Coolidge

It's a difficult situation but many of us consider Epcot our favorite park more because of what it was and what good is left more than what it has been turning into over the past decade.

Yep. I'm at the point where I think, if I'm being honest with myself, Epcot is last of the four WDW parks for me.

In Future World, the only pavilions I see as worth doing are Test Track, The Land, Spaceship Earth, & lunch at Coral Reef. WS has AA (my favorite part of WDW), the boat rides, and...some shopping and a nice dinner, I guess? Really, I think it has less substance than DAK or DHS for me right now.

(Full disclosure: I have not been to Epcot since my 21st birthday. Maybe drinking around the world will boost the park for me. I'm unconvinced.)

Lee

Adventurer
What I can't figure out is how Epcot is the Spirit's favorite park. Epcot closes at 9 PM nearly every night. Based on the timestamp of his posts, the Spirit doesn't even wake up till 9 PM.:D
Sometimes it's all about the ambience and the people you're with.

For me, MK is way down the list unless its Halloween or I'm with friends. Or both.

But yeah...the Spirit is certainly nocturnal. Likely due to his internal clock being off after staying in Asia too long.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm going to guess its more that people just don't realize they should be tipping than anything else. I was in there just to look and the way it's a walk up, I could see many people just not realizing these employees aren't the typical ones that don't require a tip. Honestly, they should just pay the bartenders what everyone else makes since it is designed as a quick service type place... No one is used to tipping for those.
While I agree with what you are saying, I think it's more likely that guests are assuming the bartenders are essentially Counter Service staff and people do not typically tip those workers.

In this case that does make sense that people could be confused about whether its a counter service place. However, I've witnessed "poor tipping" many times in various vacation locations, especially WDW. I think some people just look at it like they paid a lot to be there and are being charged excessive amounts for the food and drinks so they skimp on the tips.

ParentsOf4

Sometimes it's all about the ambience and the people you're with.

For me, MK is way down the list unless its Halloween or I'm with friends. Or both.

But yeah...the Spirit is certainly nocturnal. Likely due to his internal clock being off after staying in Asia too long.
So the Spirit likes to head to Epcot at 8 PM so he can have breakfast with his closest friends?:D

RSoxNo1

I loved Epcot growing up, and I enjoy some of the new attractions (Soarin', Test Track, refurbished Spaceship Earth), but while it's 2nd in quantity of attractions, it's last in attraction quality in my opinion. In my opinion, it has the best quick service in any park (Sunshine Seasons), best nightime show (Illuminations), and the Food and Wine Festival is a really cool event. Having said all that, I think it needs better quality rides.

Clever Name

EPCOT has a serious problem. The aquarium is in bad shape and is being held together with band aids. More seriously they are still engaging in the shameful meet and greet dolphin business. I suppose money supplants all ethical standards at EPCOT.

the.dreamfinder

Found a new twitter account that I thought y'all would find amusing and/or terrifying.
Cardon Walker said:
"If I weasel my way onto the TV specials maybe people will love me as much as they do Tony" - Tom Fitzgerald #keepdreaming #WDI
Cardon Walker said:
NextGen technology will allow you to view a constant readout of Bruce Vaughn's blood alcohol level #WDI
Cardon Walker said:
The story of Soarin's creation is even more impressive when you consider it's a complete lie...
For Spirit
Cardon Walker said:
"Social media consultant" = Someone who doesn't understand/like something but get paid tons to fail repeatedly because mgment doesn't either
Ike Perlmutter?
Cardon Walker said:
I'll never stop being sad that the gorgeous Marvel park designed for Anaheim won't be built

Some scary bits about Pixar & DCA
Cardon Walker said:
The proposal to turn part of DCA's Hollywood into Monstropolis is real and it is horrible. Wish someone could put the brakes on it.
The plan to cram in a Monstropolis area at California Adventure shows that they STILL don't get it. Way to ruin the potential of Hollywood..
Had lunch today with a group of people who work with John Lasseter; endless stories about how he's gone off the deep end of egomania. Pity.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
EPCOT has a serious problem. The aquarium is in bad shape and is being held together with band aids. More seriously they are still engaging in the shameful meet and greet dolphin business. I suppose money supplants all ethical standards at EPCOT.

If EPCOT received half the love that DCA got... my what a beautiful, cutting edge and well rounded park you'd have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom