Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funmeister

@WDW1974 it is good to have you back! Care to throw us some Universal news? You mentioned a whole new slew of attractions on the way? Is this after HP2.0? Which Island is on the cutting board? I assume Lost Cont. for Potter 3.0? lol

BryceM

@WDW1974 it is good to have you back! Care to throw us some Universal news? You mentioned a whole new slew of attractions on the way? Is this after HP2.0? Which Island is on the cutting board? I assume Lost Cont. for Potter 3.0? lol
He pretty much confirmed that Toon Lagoon is on the chopping block.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Thanks.

I don't do trip reports. But I think my observations sorta cover some of that territory. If you have a question about anything, do not be afraid to drop it here.

I'd very much like to hear about your BoG experience as I plan on chatting with Liz (MK's head of food and beverage) next week and that likely won't be pretty.

I'm going to copy/paste just that part of my trip report and PM it over to you. I have photos too, but for the life of me I can't get them to upload. I need a new photobucket account, I think.

Anyhow, PM incoming.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Boy is it great to have you back! This forum has gone mad ever since you left. I have a few questions:

1. What will happen to the land between MIB and Simpsons?
2. What's going on with Avatar?
3. Anything for Epcot?

1.) An attraction will be going there;
2.) It is slowly moving along and should open by mid-2017;
3.) More food and beverage locations.

wishiwere@wdw

We could even discuss whether BGT is actually better than DAK.

Welcome back. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on this. I've always thought that BGT has been one of the more under-appreciated parks out there and actually offers a great product. Sure, it has a more regional feel to it and lacks the whole resort atmosphere but we've always enjoyed ourselves regardless.

Longhairbear

Did you take a long Faux Top One Percent Spirited Spring Holiday too?:D
No rest for the wicked. Selling our goods at Tiki Caliente in Palm Springs, stopped reading here once there was nothing cool to read. Glad to see you had a good rest, and glad you are back. And yeah, I totally missed the DCA thing.... my friends haven't mentioned it at all. I don't think they know. Everyone I know aren't in the loop anymore, or don't care.
Only the DVC at Grand Floridian has got us excited to go back to FLA after a few years of not heading east. Here on the west coast, we're thinking of getting our DVC Villa at DLR as a home base to visit Knotts Berry Farm this summer. Lots of upgrades there from what we are hearing.

BryceM

Welcome back. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on this. I've always thought that BGT has been one of the more under-appreciated parks out there and actually offers a great product. Sure, it has a more regional feel to it and lacks the whole resort atmosphere but we've always enjoyed ourselves regardless.
I think BGT is a far more complete park than DAK. But it does lack some of that great theming that DAK has, a good dark-ride, family attractions and it has a horrible location. If you want to see an AWESOME park, visit Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

jensenrick

I had one of my best Disney trips in recent memory, although I think the person I was with had a lot to do with that. So did staying at my second favorite WDW resort ... and spending lots of time at the resort pool and water parks ... and doing special things like the Wild Africa Trek and touring the lounge at The Seas.

So, you would recommend the Wild Africa Trek then? This is great to hear, as Mom and I will be going for that later this year.

cheezbat

I would pick Busch Gardens over Animal Kingdom anyday. DAK is so incomplete in comparison to BG.

I just wish we would get a dark ride there!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think BGT is a far more complete park than DAK. But it does lack some of that great theming that DAK has, a good dark-ride, family attractions and it has a horrible location. If you want to see an AWESOME park, visit Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

Agreed, though I've been going to BGT my whole life, I think some of the theming is good. Yes, DAK's theming is much more accurate, but I don't know if it makes it nicer (which I've discussed in the past on other threads).

What's funny to me is people who say to me "Why didn't they build BGT in Orlando? Seems kinda dumb." Then I tell them that it was built WAAAAAY before Disney or any other theme parks were built in Florida (early 1960's).

tissandtully

Agreed, though I've been going to BGT my whole life, I think some of the theming is good. Yes, DAK's theming is much more accurate, but I don't know if it makes it nicer (which I've discussed in the past on other threads).

What's funny to me is people who say to me "Why didn't they build BGT in Orlando? Seems kinda dumb." Then I tell them that it was built WAAAAAY before Disney or any other theme parks were built in Florida (early 1960's).

Eh, BGT is great for coaster fans. I've always found BGT to be unkempt and their employee's attitudes can give the current crop of WDW CMs a run for their money.

RSoxNo1

I read about BoG replacing the steak, because the dining planners kept chosing it because it was the most expensive item on the menu, so perceived as best value. (Really people? The best value is the meal you crave at that moment, you silly armchair accounteneers).

In general WDW serves absolute pig fodder. Gross and disgusting. :eek:

I don't really do fine dining in a theme park, because, frankly, I think that is a contradiction in terms. But I do love me some theme park fare in a theme park. But even this they can't get right. How can one even manage to mess up a burger with fries? If I let my three year old play with a bun, some slaw, ketchup and a piece of meat she manages to produce a decent burger, every single time.
This is the problem with the Disney Dining Plan, it leads to decisions like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom