Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

flynnibus

Premium Member
.. I realize I forgot DHS. DHS I think is not worth it's price as a stand-alone given the horrible shape the tour is in and that several major attractions have basically been stagnant or closed (or worse.. AI).

Now that said.. it doesn't mean we don't enjoy DHS. In fact, it's the park we are probably in the MOST after MK when we are on vacation there. But that's because we do what we want, and then head to another park. And do that frequently.

tag @raven24 :)

Californian Elitist

.. I realize I forgot DHS. DHS I think is not worth it's price as a stand-alone given the horrible shape the tour is in and that several major attractions have basically been stagnant or closed (or worse.. AI).

Now that said.. it doesn't mean we don't enjoy DHS. In fact, it's the park we are probably in the MOST after MK when we are on vacation there. But that's because we do what we want, and then head to another park. And do that frequently.

tag @raven24 :)

Thanks for your opinion! Very interesting.

tissandtully

I'll answer in a slightly horizontal way.. I think DAK demanding ticket prices similar to the other WDW theme parks is valid and justifable.

Think of it this way... which do you think costs more to start and maintain... a fake jungle of plastic monkeys.. or a fabricated jungle full of real monkeys that you can get close to and observe?

DAK justifies itself in providing excellent entertainment -- it just so happens that not all people are interested in the form of entertainment DAK offers. The type of entertainment DAK offers is expensive to produce - so I think it's price compared to another park that may be more busy with more physical experiences is justifiable.

Now if the WDW ticket prices in general are justifiable... a different topic. And generally I find them hard to swallow.

I think it's fair to point out that 1-day ticket prices are hard to swallow, but I think most people now are buying MYW tickets or the locals are getting the standard yearly-deal that works out to ~$40 a ticket or the AP. When you're doing it that way, it's not such a bad deal.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think it's fair to point out that 1-day ticket prices are hard to swallow, but I think most people now are buying MYW tickets or the locals are getting the standard yearly-deal that works out to ~$40 a ticket or the AP. When you're doing it that way, it's not such a bad deal.

Even under the MYW structure.. I find the pricing difficult to justify. At 5 days.. a common length for us.. My family of 5 costs $370 a head.. or $74/day. That's $1800+ just in park ticket cost for me. We do it.. but I don't put 'deal' and 'WDW' in the same sentence. UNI is no better, our last side trip to UNI cost nearly $1k just to add that to our trip.

It's why we treat Disney vacations as an interval vacation... no way in the world would I spend that kind of money to repeat the same stuff over and over every year.

YMMV :)

Travel Junkie

Exactly. People for the most part are not paying full price to get into DHS or DAK. They are paying full price for MK and getting into the other parks at a discount. At the discounted price they do have value.

tissandtully

Exactly. People for the most part are not paying full price to get into DHS or DAK. They are paying full price for MK and getting into the other parks at a discount. At the discounted price they do have value.

Right, I do think the price increases are to discourage from buying 1-day tickets. Thus to prove the point that Disney wants to glue you to WDW property for your entire stay.

the.dreamfinder

Don't know if it's been discussed here yet, but Tony Baxter was recently given a VIP tour by Universal Creative around the new Simpsons area.

Source is HTF over on Orlando United.

It's not uncommon for execs to give their peers tours of newly opened projects. Last summer, Georgie K and his cohorts at TDA gave tours of CL and BVS to Busch Gardens/Seaworld and UNI execs.
UNI is obviously going to go after Tony because they know how TALENTED and VALUABLE Tony is, but it's anyone's guess if he bites.

Speaking of supertalented former imagineers, here's what Tim Delaney, designer of The Living Seas, DLP Discoveryland and the original HKDL Pirates Mountain, is up to nowadays.
http://www.mysticaquarium.org/titanic/969-united-technologies-and-mystic-aquarium
http://www.mysticaquarium.org/titanic/859-the-designer

----Isn't it ironic?----

The Empress Lilly

Speaking of supertalented former imagineers, here's what Tim Delaney, designer of The Living Seas, DLP Discoveryland and the original HKDL Pirates Mountain, is up to nowadays.
http://www.mysticaquarium.org/titanic/969-united-technologies-and-mystic-aquarium
http://www.mysticaquarium.org/titanic/859-the-designer

----Isn't it ironic?----
Bah. This is what they ought to be doing in EPCOT! It only adds insult to injury that UT is the original sponsor of The Living Seas.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
To take a perceived crown back, one has to feel as though the crown has been taken. I don't think they feel that yet. My guess is that if they are going to

it is so that they can feel as though they've kept the crown and fended off the attack from the usurpers.

I moreso meant the crown in the moment... Not all time. Uni undoubtedly has the new buzz and praise.

lilclerk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom