Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Locally TLR is playing in more theaters and with more show times this weekend than both Pacific Rim and Grown Ups 2 combined.

Glad to hear about the BoD getting close to approval. Sounds like the random press release on MM+ guest spending this week wasn't so random.

Is the DL TL redo more cohesive than it has been described? It sounds like a hot mess.

What size are the ships @WDW1974?

Nothing is ever random when you are talking about Disney and Sun Valley and justifying obscene CAP EX.

On TL at DL, I'm waiting to hear more, but I am leaning to slightly more cohesive.

Ships will be smaller than Dream and Fantasy, larger than Magic and Wonder. And, yes, they really will be the Spirit and Imagination. Wait and see!

HMF

Nothing is ever random when you are talking about Disney and Sun Valley and justifying obscene CAP EX.

On TL at DL, I'm waiting to hear more, but I am leaning to slightly more cohesive.

Ships will be smaller than Dream and Fantasy, larger than Magic and Wonder. And, yes, they really will be the Spirit and Imagination. Wait and see!
Spirit? That isn't in the usual Disney Lexicon. Is the name a coincidence?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Just got back from Pacific Rim. (Liked it a lot, but didn't love it.)

Visually it was stunning. It looked amazing in almost every scene.
A huge film, tons of effects....and it cost less than Monsters U. That's ridiculous.

You are a movie junkie. Of course, what else is there to do in the hills when you're done molesting raccoons?

But that would explain why you had the gall ... The sheer nerve to not answer my call earlier!

The more I hear about PR, the more I think I'll rent it ...but it still doesn't look like my type of movie.

StarWarsGirl

Well said. NFL is kind of a bust. I mean seriously, I'll be going to WDW this November, and you know what? I still can't get a freaking reservation for Be Our Guest! The main reason to visit NFL is still inaccessible to many park guests. What a freaking fail! :p

That place is so insane...I lucked out and got a 4:20 reservation in January at my 180 day mark. It's a huge restaurant...and yet they keep getting entirely booked up!

My only suggestions would be to keep checking as someone might not be able to make their trip or whatever and you'll luck out and get a reservation.

the.dreamfinder

You are a movie junkie. Of course, what else is there to do in the hills when you're done molesting raccoons?

But that would explain why you had the gall ... The sheer nerve to not answer my call earlier!

The more I hear about PR, the more I think I'll rent it ...but it still doesn't look like my type of movie.
I'll buy your ticket spirit. This is a movie that needs to be seen on a big screen, not an iPhone Bob Iger ;).

Reactions: |Q|

StarWarsGirl

Saw both Pacific Rim and Man of Steel today. Both were great.

Now I just have Despicable Me 2, Monsters, Lone Ranger and The Heat to check off my list.

Good grief, that's a lot of movies. Guess that's what happens when you live in LA;).

I really want to see Monsters. Thinking of dragging myself over to the theater later this week. It looks awesome!

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Good grief, that's a lot of movies. Guess that's what happens when you live in LA;).

I really want to see Monsters. Thinking of dragging myself over to the theater later this week. It looks awesome!
I saw it with my niece and nephew (my 17 and 18 year old sons would rather die than be seen in public w/their mom) and it was good fun. Saw The Lone Ranger later the same day. It was better.

StarWarsGirl

I saw it with my niece and nephew (my 17 and 18 year old sons would rather die than be seen in public w/their mom) and it was good fun. Saw The Lone Ranger later the same day. It was better.

Really? Hmm. I want to take my 11-year-old brother to see Monsters. If I see the Lone Ranger, I'll probably wait and watch it on Netflix. I don't think my brother would like it that much. I really can only pick one; my parents only want me spending the money a few times a year, and I've already seen Les Mis and Star Trek so far.

(Boys:rolleyes:. Actually, some girls are that way, though I learned I cannot control what my mother does and she is never going to change so I might as well not be embarrassed by her)

StarWarsGirl

Pretty much. Film capital of the world.

Yeah...doesn't happen over here. I've seen two this year...and Les Mis I went to see because my chorus teacher basically said, "You are going to sing an entire medley from Les Mis. You must go see this movie." It was a good thing; I love that movie. Usually I wait for the DVDs or for Netflix

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Really? Hmm. I want to take my 11-year-old brother to see Monsters. If I see the Lone Ranger, I'll probably wait and watch it on Netflix. I don't think my brother would like it that much. I really can only pick one; my parents only want me spending the money a few times a year, and I've already seen Les Mis and Star Trek so far.

(Boys:rolleyes:. Actually, some girls are that way, though I learned I cannot control what my mother does and she is never going to change so I might as well not be embarrassed by her)
Tuesdays are cheap movies in Ontario. I paid less than $5.50 to see TLR, and just under $8.50 (x3) to see Monsters University in 3D. They get you at the concession stand. $25 for two drinks, two medium popcorn and a small bag of M&M's.
I remember the good old days when the boys and I used to go to the drive-in for $6.50 + $3.00 for a large popcorn. For some reason, we always seemed to have a couple of cans of pop rolling around in a cooler in the trunk. Let's call it serendipitous.
On another note, my boys would be shocked to learn that sometimes I find them to be just as embarrassing as they find me. Just saying.

StarWarsGirl

Tuesdays are cheap movies in Ontario. I paid less than $5.50 to see TLR, and just under $8.50 (x3) to see Monsters University in 3D. They get you at the concession stand. $25 for two drinks, two medium popcorn and a small bag of M&M's.
I remember the good old days when the boys and I used to go to the drive-in for $6.50 + $3.00 for a large popcorn. For some reason, we always seemed to have a couple of cans of pop rolling around in a cooler in the trunk. Let's call it serendipitous.
On another note, my boys would be shocked to learn that sometimes I find them to be just as embarrassing as they find me. Just saying.

That's really not bad! My theater costs me $10 for a regular movie, $9 if I go see the matinee. I run to Five Below nearby and sneak candy in, otherwise I'd pay another $7 for popcorn.

I know I've embarrassed my mother before. Did that at about age 3 in a mall...:rolleyes: family. What can you do?

stevehousse

Since i manage a movie theater dine in concept, I am in and out of the movies very often. As much as Pacific Rim really doesn't peak my interest, it is very visually stunning and I am shocked to hear it cost less to make than Monsters!!! That's crazy to hear!

I hope the BOD approve all the new attraction spending for all the parks and we really get some great new additions!

Spirit, do u have any new info about MM+ changes that have taken place as of recently? I hear they took away the tiered attraction guidelines and now u can do 4 FP+ instead of just 3???

Bolna

Do you think they will ask you to be the Disney Spirit's god mother?

Bolna

You can't have a long wait without demand. If low capacity causes a Line to form... People look at the wait and make a choice if they will get in line or not. The lower the demand for the attraction, the less tolerance people have to waiting for it.

At DLP Peter Pan has double the capacity (two rows of seats) and still has really long lines. However, the ride is better there, too.

AEfx

At DLP Peter Pan has double the capacity (two rows of seats) and still has really long lines. However, the ride is better there, too.

The fiber-optics really make such a difference. Such a simple effect yet so, well, effective, LOL.

It's almost criminal they have never added them to our Pan. Someone could easily (and have) replicate the star effect in your own home for a few hundred dollars. I've seen some great ceilings done. I can't imagine it would be that costly an effect for Disney to add - my guess is, they haven't bothered until they spruce the rest of the ride up. But you've never seen such a simple effect get such "aw!" as you do the fiber optics at Disneyland's version.

Lee

Adventurer
According boxofficemojo, Iron Man 3 only cost $200 mill to make and I'm sure advertising was between $100-150 mill. So lets just say $350 mill. That's about a $850 million dollar profit. Unless they had split a lot of the earnings with Paramount?
Disney will see surprisingly little of that Iron Man 3 money.
You are a movie junkie.
Hard to argue with that.
I've seen everything that I really want to so far this summer. MU will have to wait until I can see it at home, as I almost never watch animation and even less often in a theater.
May catch The Heat at some point, and next weekend is The Conjuring. There's a few more in July and August I'll go to for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom