Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Well I am not reading all that but at least it looks like her kids had a great time. Isn't that what it's all about? Just being happy, having a good time and escaping for a little?

She just seemed unpleasant to begin with though.

She seemed like most people today in what's left of the USA, as the kidz would say 'dat beatch is done cra-cra ... She just ain't right',

At least that's what one kid said.

MerlinTheGoat

You are entitled to your opinion.

I strongly disagree with most of it. But I don't wish to argue what largely comes down to taste.

You wouldn't call it a good movie. Fine. I'd call it a very good summer popcorn flick.
Agreed, to each his (or her) own. No problem if you liked it. I myself have enjoyed movies that many other people have disliked, so it would be pointless for me to argue what does amount to taste. Again, still love reading all your posts and appreciate your views on everything! :)

And as I said, I did find parts of it entertaining and don't think it deserved to bomb anywhere near as bad as it did at the box office (particularly when so many movies that are far worse are let off the hook and allowed to profit like mad). I didn't love it, but nor do I side with people who thought it was worthy of a 25% Rotten Tomatoes ranking. While i'd say there are movies some people should probably feel bad about for liking (like literally insulting movies that serve little point other than set society back), this is definitely not one of them. I can see why someone WOULD enjoy it.

I can only say Tony has input by way they are letting him poke around and talk with those folks working on the project ...clout isn't a word that I'd use.
Ugh, that doesn't merit any confidence. He needs to be let off the leash to go buck wild with this project IMO...

Glad to hear that though, still a gorgeous building (though needs a new paint job). I hope they plan to do something with the upstairs.

Do you know whether they're going to redo the track at all from the current version? If they keep the track, I hope they re-implement the large part of the track cut out when they gutted the original ride.

Lee

Adventurer
I really don't think WDW would do that, Remember, They didn't even invite Ray Lewis when he was Super Bowl MVP to be honored thanks to his Obstruction of justice charge. The potential Public Relations disaster that any association with Zimmerman would cause will make NGE look like a minor image problem.
I think this is the point where the young folks would say, "Can't tell if serious."

scpergj

I really don't think WDW would do that, Remember, They didn't even invite Ray Lewis when he was Super Bowl MVP to be honored thanks to his Obstruction of justice charge. The potential Public Relations disaster that any association with Zimmerman would cause will make NGE look like a minor image problem.

I'm pretty sure that was tongue-in-cheek question....

WDW1974

Original Poster
I couldn't figure out how you guys could hate on someone so hard just from a blog post.

...but wow. She makes it easy.

The shame of it is the fact that she's a rarity for complaining about the stale parks. It'd be nice if there were more people pointing out the flaws, generating some sort of negative buzz.

But nothing like her because that woman is trash.

See, this is the problem with the Internet and social media and networking that probably 80% of the people who use it are simply ignorant of. That was before we found out the NSA was recording every keystroke we type, every phone call we make, every piece of mail we get to use against us in the future if we become a threat or a perceived one to the powers that be.

You put something out on the web and it is there forever, no taking it back. People see it immediately and it gets saved even if you pull it back as she tried.

Dumb people and the Internet are great entertainment.

Captain Chaos

I hope you don't think 74 was serious... LOL

HMF

I think this is the point where the young folks would say, "Can't tell if serious."
Was Spirit making a joke I honestly could not tell, My mistake though it does disturb me that I could picture that kind of thing happening to begin with.

Figments Friend

( Regarding Spirit*s comment on Tony Baxter having some adviser imput into the upcoming re-do of the Imagination Pavillion )
Ugh, that doesn't merit any confidence. He needs to be let off the leash to go buck wild with this project IMO...

I found Spirit*s comment rather encouraging.
It is nice to know he is at least being allowed to talk to the people being put in charge of re-doing the Imagination Pavillion.

Tony has a LOT to offer, and just by talking to the man one can glean much insight and knowledge into designing something creatively. If he is being allowed to actually interact with the team assigned to this project, this can be a good thing.

Having him have even the slightest involvement is more promising then not having him involved at all, in my opinion at least.

This is good news. I am glad there is still some connection there.

:)

Travel Junkie

I just want to be crystal clear that the only thing that has prevented those three projects on land from going forward is BoD approval, approval that would have been guaranteed before the NGE boondoggle;

Word from Burbank is still VERY positive that Bob will get exactly what he wants;

No, this doesn't make him a good guy or a good leader to me;

One reason why Bob has lost a lot of support is his terrible record with the Studios. Sure, he brought Iron Man 3 to Disney. Do you know how little Disney will actually profit on the film (relatively speaking)? Do you know that Lone Ranger had to make OVER $800 million dollars just to hit the black. A few members of the Board have confronted both Bob and Alan Horn over this;

Just so you understand the preposterous amount of money Disney films cost, understand that Despicable Me 2 was in the black after its first weekend. Monsters U had to cross the $500 million mark to do so. Neither Brave nor Wreck It Ralph made profits in their releases, that is effing nuts;

A few points come to mind after reading:

- Another reason to hate NGE. Arm twisting is needed to just get some park development since they wasted so much on this mess. I honestly don't blame the BOD for questioning Iger at this point for some of his spending sprees that have seen a less than desirable ROI. Despite the stock price, he has several high profile misses under his watch now.

- Disney is reaching government levels in bloated budgets

- How on earth did Disney think TLR would make them money? TLR has to double the current highest grossing Western of all time JUST TO BREAK EVEN!

HMF

A few points come to mind after reading:

- Another reason to hate NGE. Arm twisting is needed to just get some park development since they wasted so much on this mess. I honestly don't blame the BOD for questioning Iger at this point for some of his spending sprees that have seen a less than desirable ROI. Despite the stock price, he has several high profile misses under his watch now.
I am still amazed that anyone on the BoD was Ok with Iger getting the Chairmanship. If the Boards job is to keep the CEO in check wouldn't making The CEO also the head of the board automatically invalidate that. Then again, I am still baffled by the amount of former Eisner minions still on the board.

bubbles1812

How on earth did Disney think TLR would make them money? TLR has to double the current highest grossing Western of all time JUST TO BREAK EVEN!
Sometimes (or rather often times) I think those lovely folks high up in the Disney hierarchy live in a La-La land where they believe everything they touch will be golden. In the case of TLR, they saw Depp + Bruckheimer + Past success with resurrecting a relatively dead genre in Pirates and thought that the same formula would work this time. That same mentality is also why they continue to ignore their competition down the road even in the face of everything that has come already and will come next from Uni. And it's also why they somehow thought NFE was going to be the Carsland of the east in terms of increased revenue. Anyone on this forum except for those most ardently keeping their rose colored glasses on could have told them otherwise. Sad ain't it?

HMF

I do have to wonder if Igers urgency in touring the BoD through Cars Land is so he can rush the WDI Projects through the approval process so D23 does not become a snore fest but that might just be me being optimistic and we all know what ends up happening when that happens.

crispy

Sometimes (or rather often times) I think those lovely folks high up in the Disney hierarchy live in a La-La land where they believe everything they touch will be golden. In the case of TLR, they saw Depp + Bruckheimer + Past success with resurrecting a relatively dead genre in Pirates and thought that the same formula would work this time. That same mentality is also why they continue to ignore their competition down the road even in the face of everything that has come already and will come next from Uni. And it's also why they somehow thought NFE was going to be the Carsland of the east in terms of increased revenue. Anyone on this forum except for those most ardently keeping their rose colored glasses on could have told them otherwise. Sad ain't it?

Well said. I was talking to a friend yesterday who is planning a trip to WDW next March. She likes WDW and has been before. She was telling me how she was planning to spend the whole day at the NFL. I told her that wouldn't really be necessary because it's only a restaurant, a larger capacity Dumbo, Enchanted Tales with Belle, the LM ride, and some meet and greets and that I wasn't sure if 7DMT would even be open. She asked about touring Beast's Castle so I told she needed to make ADRs for dinner or stand in line for lunch. She was stunned that there wasn't more to do and see and that you couldn't look at Beast's Castle without eating there.

When you look at what was spent and how long it has taken for NFL, you just expect so much more. Yes, it's pretty, but there isn't a lot of substance. They made some nice buildings, but they didn't really add anything other than a restaurant and the LM ride. I don't know why they expected this to bump attendance when there just isn't that much to do or see. The Enchanted Tales with Belle was the only thing that was "magical" to me at all.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I thought you were being harsh on the blogger until I actually read the blog. Yikes! I hate when bloggers seem to have such a high opinion of their own adorable-ness and think they are oh-so-funny and clever. Lady, we can see the pictures and read. There is nothing adorable, funny, or clever about you. I would think self-involved idiot ($200 on bottled water? Really?) would be more apropos.

Just because anyone and their mother in law can have a blog, does not mean they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom