Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSoxNo1

I wonder if this will be a new formula for the US parks. WDI can charge the R&D for new attractions to their foreign partners like OLC, then clone those rides at the US parks. It sounds like that is what is occurring with a rumored new Soarin film debuting at Shanghai, then coming to the US a year later. Add the rumored Tron ride in Shanghai possible being re-purposed to Star Wars in the US and we begin to see a trend. It makes sense financially.
It's not a bad plan either. I'd love to see the numbers for people that visit overseas parks and also visit stateside parks as well as Disney World vs. Disneyland.

RSoxNo1

The current official Disney FastPass+ FAQ includes the following:

A few points of interest:
  • Looks like FP+ will be linked to tickets.
  • Looks like it will be possible to book up to 4 FP+ experiences per day.
  • Not sure how the number of available FP+ will be influenced by "vacation packages". Tickets? Sure, that makes sense but in mentioning "vacation packages and tickets" the FAQ alludes to the number of available FP+ being influenced by more than just tickets.
This bumps it up by 1 which is good, but it still doesn't address the overplanning that this is now creating. The initial chart I saw indicated that it was 3 or 4 per guest depending on crowds. It seems like that hasn't changed, however the current distribution policy does a better job of fairly distributing Fastpasses. The Fastpass+ system has to operate with the expectation that 100% of guests will use it in order to give the impression of being egalitarian. The current Fastpass system doesn't have that limitation because it's all built into the demand for a particular attraction.

willtravel

Why did she not just go to publix?! We buy a large pack of bottled water, put them in the fridge, then take a few when we go to the parks. You just fill them up at water fountains, and oh look! You pay less than a dollar a day for unlimited water!

Some people!
As long as you have a car I that would be great.

DougK

I don't recall Donna Reed graphically discussing coitus in a very uncomfortable place.... And I don't mean the back of a Volkswagen.

Actually that was from a very rare episode of the Donna Reed Show. It only ran once just like the episode where her neighbor Bob Crane filmed her having sex with Dr. Stone. They really should re-release those two episodes but they were just too cutting edge for American TV in the early sixties. :D

Mike730

Why did she not just go to publix?! We buy a large pack of bottled water, put them in the fridge, then take a few when we go to the parks. You just fill them up at water fountains, and oh look! You pay less than a dollar a day for unlimited water!

Some people!

Exactly.

And even simpler than that.... Does no one use refillable bottles anymore??? Like a Nalgene? One bottle that you can refill a million times over and over.
No need to worry about recycling or throwing it out because you'll use it over and over again tomorrow too.

Goofyernmost

Exactly.

And even simpler than that.... Does no one use refillable bottles anymore??? Like a Nalgene? One bottle that you can refill a million times over and over.
No need to worry about recycling or throwing it out because you'll use it over and over again tomorrow too.
After reading some of her blog, I can honestly say that this lady is clueless on many topics! Why is everyone worried about her rants, I'm sure not. You cannot fix stupid, no matter how cute their kids are!:p

Also, I am not a prude, but for gods sake, why must every sentence have some "effing" reference in it. Are there not enough words in the English language to convey emotions without using that. Wouldn't one think that if you have two children (cute as they are) you should be adult (mature) enough that you don't have to talk like a middle schooler.

FrankLapidus

Having read the blog posts I have to question why someone would choose to go to Walt Disney World if they do not like paying extortionate amounts of money for food, drink and merchandise. They either lack common sense or are simply a glutton for punishment.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
After reading some of her blog, I can honestly say that this lady is clueless on many topics! Why is everyone worried about her rants, I'm sure not. You cannot fix stupid, no matter how cute their kids are!:p

Also, I am not a prude, but for gods sake, why must every sentence have some "effing" reference in it. Are there not enough words in the English language to convey emotions without using that. Wouldn't one think that if you have two children (cute as they are) you should be adult (mature) enough that you don't have to talk like a middle schooler.
7 "F" bombs in the first article and 4 in the second.

She hated the "effing" MK more than she hated the "effing" Epcot or so you would "effing" think.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Having read the blog posts I have to question why someone would choose to go to Walt Disney World if they do not like paying extortionate amounts of money for food, drink and merchandise. They either lack common sense or are simply a glutton for punishment.

Well, first, Disney has always been cheap, she was just getting ripped off unfairly because Disney has a special upcharge for people with larger um...assets.

Just like a $30 a night hotel is always going to be clean and well kept.

Duh...don't you ever travel anywhere? Everyone effing knows this.

<grin>

Sans Souci

7 "F" bombs in the first article and 4 in the second.

She hated the "effing" MK more than she hated the "effing" Epcot or so you would "effing" think.

Did you read the third installment? She cleaned up her language and was almost contrite in the last paragraph. Interesting.

scpergj

The economy is not better, not by a long shot, for most people.

Oh, and things just make you wonder how screwed we are. Like we're about to become the top oil producing nations on the planet, yet we pay $4 plus a gallon ... While other oil producers have gas that is close to free. It's all fixed. We have allowed it and now we get to enjoy life in the Homeland with the Illusion of Choice, the Illusion of Freedom. ...But maybe I shouldn't post while paying attention to the news.

Very true.

My wife and I (and our kids) lived a pretty comfortable lifestyle. My wife worked for one of the big banks (can't say which one because she's still under an agreement) until the day before Thanksgiving last year. Took her five months to find a job, and it pays 30% less than what she was making. At least I still have my job...oh, but wait. I was a software developer and systems administrator for one of the 'evil' defense contractors - although one of the smaller ones - when I got hit by the sequester. Fortunately I wasn't ever actually out of a job, and only had to take a small pay cut. The economy is getting better? Tell my mortgage balance that - and we bought in a subdivision that was about to sell out - so our house cost a good 15% less than most due to incentives so they could be done sooner, AND we put well over 20% down on the house.

At least we are both working and can still pay our mortgage. No Disney trips this year...and no new car next year, but other than that all is still better than most.

FrankLapidus

Well, first, Disney has always been cheap, she was just getting ripped off unfairly because Disney has a special upcharge for people with larger um...assets.

Just like a $30 a night hotel is always going to be clean and well kept.

Duh...don't you ever travel anywhere? Everyone effing knows this.

<grin>

Well, you really do learn something never every day.

My eyes have been well and truly opened for the first time.

That upcharge is perfectly reasonable though.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Hey Everyone who wanted to read that crazy lady's Sara Strand's Blogs (including @WDW1974)

Here's the google cache links:

Day 1 Where she hates on MK

Day 2 Where she Rants on Epcot

Somewhere lost in her racism, homophobia and xenophobia is the underlying point (I guess) that Disney is an utter pain the the for the uninitiated and ill-prepared. It is not for the 1D1P or 2D1P guests anymore; it is a true vacation destination that takes days and planning to be able to do anything. Which is awfully sad....
Yikes!
The kids seem cute; Hubby appears to be somewhat stable; but this gal is off the freaking rails.
Potty-mouth much? I appreciate that real people in the real world swear, but her use of the F-word reminds me of a 9 year old boy trying it out for the first time.
This lady (I use the term loosely) is racist and homophobic enough to fit in perfectly with the current crop of Big Brother houseguests.
And in case I didn't already say it - YIKES!

khale1970

ETA: Also the claim of paying 150 $ for lunch must be exaggerated. Even with a 20 % tip I come up with 120 $ including tax and gratuity for two adults and two kids.

Did you remember to include the cost of 4 bottles of water each for the potty mouth and her adorable children?

hpyhnt 1000

Hey Everyone who wanted to read that crazy lady's Sara Strand's Blogs (including @WDW1974)

Here's the google cache links:

Day 1 Where she hates on MK

Day 2 Where she Rants on Epcot

Somewhere lost in her racism, homophobia and xenophobia is the underlying point (I guess) that Disney is an utter pain the the for the uninitiated and ill-prepared. It is not for the 1D1P or 2D1P guests anymore; it is a true vacation destination that takes days and planning to be able to do anything. Which is awfully sad....

Some thoughts:

1. Why did I just waste 5 mins of my life scanning through those? At least I didn't read them and waste more time.
2. I dont know if that is how she is or if thats her being dramatic for her blog. Either way, not pleasant.
3. Her posting style is a strong argument for why personal blogs should be banished from the internet.
4. I think I speak for a good deal of people in saying that WDW is a happier place without her.

Magenta Panther

Oh yeah, I was in Kingdom briefly last night before an insane headache took root. It was empty. MSUSA had prime spots for parade 10 minutes before. Most rides were walk-on or very short wait. (Except Peter Pan)

I swear, there's something about that ride...every single time I go to WDW, and usually it's in the fall, that ride is packed. PACKED. Disney expanded on Dumbo...maybe Peter Pan's Flight should be next (but not TWO of the original ride, please - a major upgrade, with emphasis on enchantment and charm, not stomach-turning acrobatics, would be nice...)

bubbles1812

I swear, there's something about that ride...every single time I go to WDW, and usually it's in the fall, that ride is packed. PACKED. Disney expanded on Dumbo...maybe Peter Pan's Flight should be next (but not TWO of the original ride, please - a major upgrade, with emphasis on enchantment and charm, not stomach-turning acrobatics, would be nice...)
I only ever ride Pan during the parades.. I don't want to waste a FP on it. I do love the ride, but I've never quite understood why it attracts the waits it does. And I shudder to think what will happen when the ride eventually does get refurbed. (I guess that's an assumption that it will ever get refurbed, but seriously, the ride is showing a lot of wear and tear. Though I wouldn't be surprise if they take it until its in dire need the way Splash was).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom