Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

twebber55

No @flynnibus, it doesn't take two to tango.

Don't you know that the 30 year old couple/family had a gun forced to their heads when they signed that 600k mortgage instead of a 300k mortgage? (which really, how many 30 year old should be in a 300k house?) Don't you know Discover kidnapped that couples' children and forced them to run up 12k in debt in exchange for their safe return? Don't you know GM harassed them to buy that 45k Tahoe because they could "afford" the monthly payments? (which other than a mortgage, if you have to pay monthly payments, you can't afford it).

Oh, he was joking too?
you mean take responsibility and not blame someone else..strange concept

El Grupo

If you're a fan of the stunt show, I'm sorry to say I wouldn't expect it to be there in a couple years. He's still in GMR, though.

Seems like there was a rumor recently about Theater of the Stars being replaced by a dark ride - possibly something associated with IJ. I'm guessing that was just a bit of speculation or armchair imagineering on someone's part. Would be nice to see a water-based IJ attraction in that area.

As far as shows are concerned, would it be reasonable, from a financial standpoint, to adapt the Fantasmic stadium for a daytime show (possibly a floating stage)?

Texas84

I shouldn't have to wait 20 minutes for a bus. I shouldn't have my bus hold at a stop because the breaker is running late. I should be taken to my destination in a timely fashion.

Since the monorail expansion will "never" happen, how about elevated express bus routes? Would that cost one bazillion per mile as well? Yeah, I know, still not flexible enough.

Captain Neo

Lutz is sadly suffering from advanced Parkinson's. He's unable to continue contributing to the site at present.

what? are you serious?? He just had a new article up the other day and I never heard about this

edit: Apparently this is really true. That's very sad to hear. Dude is a legend.

doctornick

As far as shows are concerned, would it be reasonable, from a financial standpoint, to adapt the Fantasmic stadium for a daytime show (possibly a floating stage)?

I've thought about that as well. Seems like such a waste to have the theater sitting empty during the daytime.

tissandtully

My family waited for 45 minutes for a bus to Fort Wilderness from Epcot. I copped out after 30 minutes and just went back to the park alone.

It was ridiculous.

I must be lucky. I haven't had problems with WDW transportation. I think the longest I've waited is 20 minutes and that's what they tell you to expect.

Bolna

I usually have one bad experience during every trip, but last trip busses to AKL were actually all good, not one really bad experience. Even when we left the MK at park closing and the bus was standing room only and we decided to wait for the next one, it was less than 10 minutes wait for the next one where we could sit down.

However, we took the car to go to DtD and for some meals at resorts.

The problem with transportation at WDW in my opinion is the lack of a reliable schedule and the lack of capacity in high volume times. But given the specifics of the situation I am not sure how to improve this significantly. So @articos I would love to hear how improvement is possible.

DougK

Spirited Monday Musings: ...

Spirit, I believe you said it yourself but your Spirited Musings posts remind me a whole lot of Larry King's newspaper columns. And boy does that give me mixed feelings. Spirit, one of my heroes, and Larry King, who is...well, Larry King, may be the same person! I guess that explains why you are so knowledgeable about the entertainment industry. Now if you start dropping Angie Dickinson's name around I will know for sure... :D

COProgressFan

yuuuup. for all the stupid money spent at disney, a rental for the time i'm there is worth the price in gold. although, as one of the few guests on disney roads at any given time that actually knows where they're going, i'm fine that most seem content with taking the buses.

And it obviously depends on what time of year you go, but you can get some really great deals on cars on priceline and hotwire from MCO. (Like $200 or less for an entire week in a full size SUV, including all the ridiculous taxes and fees).

Agreed completely -- worth every penny to rent a car. And save some good money on off property dining.

Rodan75

I shouldn't have to wait 20 minutes for a bus. I shouldn't have my bus hold at a stop because the breaker is running late. I should be taken to my destination in a timely fashion.

I'm okay with 20 minutes...but it isn't 20 minutes, they've loaded too many stops per bus. One driver can't load 2-3 ECVs effectively on their own and there are not enough busses running between Epcot and DHS.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Spirit, I believe you said it yourself but your Spirited Musings posts remind me a whole lot of Larry King's newspaper columns. And boy does that give me mixed feelings. Spirit, one of my heroes, and Larry King, who is...well, Larry King, may be the same person! I guess that explains why you are so knowledgeable about the entertainment industry. Now if you start dropping Angie Dickinson's name around I will know for sure... :D

I'm not a fan of the Musings either. But I have a feeling Spirit doesn't give a flying ...hawk.. about what we think. :)

In other news... I saw this on Huffington Posts' front page. With the headline "Do Not Take Your Kids To See Lone Ranger"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-ryan/the-lone-ranger-review_b_3530610.html

It's certainly not my cup of tea (I don't like, never liked, nor will ever like westerns) and I'm over Johnny Depp and his sometimes good, sometimes awful acting.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I'm not a fan of the Musings either. But I have a feeling Spirit doesn't give a flying ...hawk.. about what we think. :)

In other news... I saw this on Huffington Posts' front page. With the headline "Do Not Take Your Kids To See Lone Ranger"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-ryan/the-lone-ranger-review_b_3530610.html

It's certainly not my cup of tea (I don't like, never liked, nor will ever like westerns) and I'm over Johnny Depp and his sometimes good, sometimes awful acting.
Boy, that review just caused me to do a 180. I am troubled by gratuitous violence, and this movie sounds like it may be chock full of it.
Guess I WON'T be seeing LR after all.

Goofyernmost

Two questions...What the hell's a breaker? And, How can a 20 minute wait be unreasonable. How would you fix that? Double the fleet size? Get an ABR 90 days before arrival so they can pick you up at a specific time? Have the buses on call so you can call as you leave your room and have them waiting for you when you get down to the stop?

OK, that was more then two questions, but, like the other ones in this thread, how would you fix it or for that matter how would you imagine that it could be fixed? Just curious!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom