Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Nothing in the previews for The Lone Ranger make me want to watch it.

Anyway, to the TDS discussion...Agree about Journey, but I honestly compare it a lot more to Everest than RSR (which RSR admittedly I haven't been on and only watched videos of). Despite the ride mechanism, they share a lot in common IMO.

Both Journey and Everest have a theme that extends FAR beyond the queue and the ride vehicle, it tells the story from nearly miles away, they both have elaborate queues, and have a very large AA at the end, although Journey's Lava Monster is still working.

The lead-up to it, and admittedly I don't know what the storyline is since its all in japanese, but the scenery is good and there's one part where you actually see like a green lava water effect off in the distance and it looks extremely cool...one of those "I wonder how they did that" effects.

The finale for me is very thrilling, but agreed, the climax could have been a longer one (no innuendo I promise!)

the.dreamfinder

When I saw Helena Bonham Carter was in The Lone Ranger I pretty much gave up. I really was pulling for LR, but I can't defend a filmmaker who puts HBC in their film nowadays. I finally saw Despicable Me last week and really enjoyed it. I'll be seeing that at some point this week. Did anyone see The Heat?

EDIT: However, there's one thing that Lone Ranger has on DM2 that it can't beat; Cannibalism!!!:D

gmajew

The issue is...McD's burgers aren't all that good anymore, since they've started to pre-cook them (which has been for a while)...none of the fatty juicy goodness of a flattop fry is there.

Think about it...the burger is just...dry.

It doesn't matter how much frozen meat they slap into the patty, until they change this process, the burger isn't going to get better.

However, people buy it. Why? Because it's cheap, it's convenient, and it tastes acceptable.

McD burgers have never been good. They are a very simple product that is always the same so people know when they walk in exactly what they are getting. That is why parents pull of the highway and stop at them they know they will be clean, and the product will be the same from one to e next.

WDWFigment

When I saw Helena Bonham Carter was in The Lone Ranger I pretty much gave up. I really was pulling for LR, but I can't defend a filmmaker who puts HBC in their film nowadays. I finally saw Despicable Me last week and really enjoyed it. I'll be seeing that at some point this week. Did anyone see The Heat?

EDIT: However, there's one thing that Lone Ranger has on DM2 that it can't beat; Cannibalism!!!:D

She has a very minor part, and although there's some annoying shtick with her leg, she's not significant enough to make a difference either way.

Reviews are supposed to be embargoed until July 3rd, and there's a reason for that...

My guess for the final outcome: 30% on RT with a much higher score from audiences. Not high enough to prevent it from being a flop, but higher.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Monday Musings: It's July 1st already?!?!? Someone want to tell me where the year has gone because I think I'm still back in 2012 ... or maybe 1995. ... So just got an incredible deal from the good folks at the DLR. They tell me I need to book my July trip quickly with rates starting at $315 at the PPH, $421 at DLH, and $500 at the GCH. Oh, that is the punchline. ... Yes, DVC, I have already gotten the two mailers about the Grand Flo DVC, so the email might be overkill. ... So, those ugly rumors that Bob Iger wanted to stay on longer were true after all. Now, I know why we had all that thunder and lightning ... the gods were angry by all of his and Willow's celebrating ...If you realized how filthy most people are, not only would you never eat out, but you'd never leave your house. ...How hard is it to get an order for one coffee and one donut right? ...I am happy to see that there are only two posts on a thread about the MK staying open until midnight Friday. It is a holiday weekend. In the past, that would have been 9-midnight to start AND midnight to 3 a.m. for EMH. ...Honestly, I did enjoy watching @EPCOT Explorer and Merfie duel in out in the Twitterverse. Does that mean I'll start shopping at WalMart?!?! ... OK, I admit it. I bought a damn Vinylmation. But at least it was from TDR and only cost me $4. ... If you think what you're reading about is exciting concerning developments with the major theme park players, then I can only tell you what you aren't reading is even more fascinating. ...Yes, I have thought about WDW for the 4th, sorta like I've thought about various fanboi offers. ... Is baseball really going on because I forgot to notice. ... Someone please tell me how you were at WDW last week and that it's never been so busy. ... Tell me how many EPCOT bloggers and fanbois know what the International Food Fair was. ... Tell me if you know where you used to be able to buy both DC Comics and a copy of Variety at a Disney theme park. ...

jt04

Spirited Monday Musings: It's July 1st already?!?!? Someone want to tell me where the year has gone because I think I'm still back in 2012 ... or maybe 1995. ... So just got an incredible deal from the good folks at the DLR. They tell me I need to book my July trip quickly with rates starting at $315 at the PPH, $421 at DLH, and $500 at the GCH. Oh, that is the punchline. ... Yes, DVC, I have already gotten the two mailers about the Grand Flo DVC, so the email might be overkill. ... So, those ugly rumors that Bob Iger wanted to stay on longer were true after all. Now, I know why we had all that thunder and lightning ... the gods were angry by all of his and Willow's celebrating ...If you realized how filthy most people are, not only would you never eat out, but you'd never leave your house. ...How hard is it to get an order for one coffee and one donut right? ...I am happy to see that there are only two posts on a thread about the MK staying open until midnight Friday. It is a holiday weekend. In the past, that would have been 9-midnight to start AND midnight to 3 a.m. for EMH. ...Honestly, I did enjoy watching @EPCOT Explorer and Merfie duel in out in the Twitterverse. Does that mean I'll start shopping at WalMart?!?! ... OK, I admit it. I bought a damn Vinylmation. But at least it was from TDR and only cost me $4. ... If you think what you're reading about is exciting concerning developments with the major theme park players, then I can only tell you what you aren't reading is even more fascinating. ...Yes, I have thought about WDW for the 4th, sorta like I've thought about various fanboi offers. ... Is baseball really going on because I forgot to notice. ... Someone please tell me how you were at WDW last week and that it's never been so busy. ... Tell me how many EPCOT bloggers and fanbois know what the International Food Fair was. ... Tell me if you know where you used to be able to buy both DC Comics and a copy of Variety at a Disney theme park. ...

I never thought you were a coffee/donut/vinylmation/walmart spirit. Life is truly mysterious.

EE is proof.

Computer Magic

Yeah 15 months longer: Bob Iger to Remain Disney CEO, Chairman Through June 2016

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/busines...remain-disney-ceo-chairman-through-june-2016/

articos

I glad someone brought up reserved seating! I saw an 8:00PM showing of Monsters U last weekend at one of those refurbished AMCs with reclining leather seats where you have to reserve your seats in advance. They put up all of the seats at once and don't keep any seats for folks who decide to go to the movies spur of the moment. I ordered my ticket two days ahead of time when about half of the theater, granted it was a 80 seat auditorium, was sold according to the seating chart. When I came to the counter to pick up my tickets that night, a family of three was turned away from this showing because the show was "Sold Out". To my surprise, the auditorium ended up only filling two thirds of the seats.

That sounds familiar...
I don't know why all theaters haven't rolled out reserved seating. At the least the chains, who already have the software to do it. Even AMC grudgingly finally switched over in LA over the past few years. It's so much better. Nearly all of the main theaters in LA have reserved, while almost none in NY do. Strange.

HMF

I am amazed she was cast in a movie not directed by Tim Burton.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Monday Musings II: Not because I can't stop typing, but because my computer caught a nasty virus and sorta likes shutting down with no warning at all. And unlike you pesky kids, I do not like typing anything of substance on a tablet or phone. ... Heard a great tale that WDW AP sales are way down now versus five years ago and that is why they didn't see substantial price increases last month. ... Yes, that means despite what you often read (usually on Miceage and usually about DLR) Disney isn't trying to cull the herd of APers. They'd like even more APers -- even in Anaheim -- just paying vastly more to get in. ...What do you think about Vegas in July? ... Do NOT read anything into the D23 non announcement regarding no announcements at the Expo as far as what actually is coming. Things are still moving ahead on the Studios project as well as Anaheim projects. ... I do wonder at this point if Disney is afraid to put the Shanghai roster out to the world, knowing that many American fanbois will rip on it and the Chinese will read this and force changes on them. ... No, I still haven't see Monsters U and World War Z. Spending time trying to convince people you are yourself can take up your time so that you wouldn't know what day it was if not for good old Moe's and their Monday burrito special. ... Why is it that I hear more positive buzz coming from the left coast about Planes than I do about the Lone Ranger? ... If you're really looking forward to seeing Thor 2, the chances are I wouldn't like you. ... The MK isn't the worst Disney park on the planet, but it is the worst castle park. ... Oh well, I know no one watches network TV, but us old farts and Under The Dome is about to start, so I'll see you all a little later.

asianway

At the newsstand where Peavys Polar Squishees is now! Which happened to be shut down the last time I was at Studios on a 90 degree day

ParentsOf4

Heard a great tale that WDW AP sales are way down now versus five years ago and that is why they didn't see substantial price increases last month. ... Yes, that means despite what you often read (usually on Miceage and usually about DLR) Disney isn't trying to cull the herd of APers. They'd like even more APers -- even in Anaheim -- just paying vastly more to get in.
Simple laws of economics. Charge more for a product, fewer will buy it.

Based on recent behavior:
  • Annual Pass prices up 17.3% in 2 years.
  • Premium Annual Pass prices up 12.3% in 2 years.
  • Children under the age of 10 now are charged the full adult AP price.
  • AP merchandise discount was cut in half.
  • TIW price went up 33%.
Disney sure is acting like they do not want more AP holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom