Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotoDave219

Bedbugs are an issue all over again due to regulations against the insecticide that wiped the out. Has nothing to do with a place being dirty. People are bringing them with them.

Have heard the same thing. Parks are not exactly packed. I'm sure folkls decided to wait for the kiddie coaster to open. Yeah, that's it.

Yes, Bedbugs have been an issue. They come from the dirty guests.

MK was nasty the other night.... due to a few tour groups. There were several thousand South American teenagers. MK wasnt as bad last night but it was still busy. I would describe it as "Average Summertime Busy" on my scale but not "Spring Break Crowded."

NoChesterHester

Here's the size of the public crowd at the last D23 Expo for the keynote addresses in the 10,000 seat Anaheim Arena.

4621.MON_2D00_1.jpg_2D00_500x0.jpg

If you bought a ticket to the Expo, and got in line early enough, you got a seat in the arena for the P&R Presentation.

They are trying to kill D23. The backlash today on the forums and twitter has been impressive. Of course you have the typical lap dogs defending every decision the company makes, no matter how asinine.

Goofyernmost

Yes, Bedbugs have been an issue. They come from the dirty guests.
In all fairness, bed bugs have nothing to do with "dirty". They just infest places by being accidentally brought into it. You can be the cleanest person on the planet and still have them. They hide in clothing and hitch a ride from where ever they are to where ever you are going. If you stayed in a motel in-route that had them, you could easily bring them into Disney.

Even if you don't have them in your own home, they can be picked up when traveling. Make sure that your luggage is always closed up tight when you're not taking things out of it. Keep your clothing in closed areas, not drawers in the room, you might have some slightly wrinkled things but there is less chance of being a free ride to home. They won't be out there during the day when you are active, it's only when nothing is going on, like your out to dinner, at a park or at night when people are sleeping that they come out of hiding.

I had someone bring them into my residential care home. I had to throw out all the mattresses, springs, cloth covered furniture and carpets. All clothing in the place had to be washed in a light mixture of bleach and the building had to be tented and fogged. It got rid of them, but not before spending several thousand dollars to do it.

Figments Friend

And 15,000 likes (maybe four from @Lee) ...I can't fully believe it, after the less than MAGICal welcome I got here five long years ago, but you like me. You really, really like me!!!:)
I remember that. Pretty fierce opposition back then.
People were frothing at the mouth and wanting your hide.

Don't feel bad, i also had a somewhat unfriendly welcome when i first joined this Forum too.

Sometimes it seems one has to 'prove themselves' somehow before being 'accepted'.
Time has a way of setting things right though, and i think we can both relate.

Glad you managed to hunker down in the bunker and stay with us.

I am glad you are here.
You keep things interesting and always entertaining.

:)

ThemeParks4Life

So Orlando United is reporting a completely new King Kong attraction will be replacing Disaster by 2015.

The wheel keeps gaining speed.
Was just coming here to post it, it's exploding all over Twitter. Disney better get off their , but they probably won't.

bubbles1812

So Orlando United is reporting a completely new King Kong attraction will be replacing Disaster by 2015.

The wheel keeps gaining speed.
Intriguing! I could def get behind that, and I even like Disaster with all its cheesy goodness. (Was actually surprised how much I enjoyed it in Feb. It might have been because I've never seen a CM with that much enthusiasm at any park, Uni, Disney, or otherwise before. She deserved a raise). They could do so much with the tech available these days. Not to mention its a classic Universal movie so hard to get upset about it coming back.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
They wouldn't hint at Star Wars land at ComicCon would they?

Yep. And they will announce that they brought Lucas on as "creative adviser" for the project. The first proposed ride, recently leaked on the internet, is going to be Jar Jar's Intergalactic Jamboree. It's a spinner ride, similar to the ever popular ones at MK and AK.

Here's some concept art.

JarJar by englanddg, on Flickr

misterID

The coolest thing about KONG returing with its own unique ride system, track, queue, pre and post shows and scene elements? Is the fact it will be opening near the same time the new Jurassic Park E-Ticket will be opening.

And did anyone mention the new info on Gringotts? *drools...feels faint* This is what cutting edge attractions should be.

But I'm sure D23 is going to be really fun.

luv

Disaster isn't the most popular attraction, but I'm a fan. It was better as Earthquake. Caught me off guard the first time I was on it, lol. I really thought we were in trouble, lol.

I don't know about King Kong. Have to see. Disaster will be easier to part with than Amity & Jaws.

Animaniac93-98

Wonderful? It's still associated heavily with Universal.

Mainly for the 2005 remake. They did not make nor do they have the rights for the current restoration of the 1933 original (WB/Turner does), nor were they involved with the 1976 remake (that's Paramount's problem). I'm just saying that to be all technical. :p Kong's involvement with UOR was like Star Tours at Disney, not really because it's "theirs", but that they wanted a ride based on it. I don't criticize them for making a new one.

Did RKO sell ownership of the rights to Universal at any point? We're they involved with the recent remake?

See above, though I do detect a hint of sarcasm...or cinnamon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom