Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furiated

Really? I sort of like the fireworks (even with that new age soundtrack), but thought the parade was pretty bad--really dated.

Seeing both for the first time last Dec, this was my feeling as well. Aside from a float or two, didn't care for the parade, partially due to that awful song. But I did enjoy the fireworks.

bubbles1812

I have stated it multiple times, but sure ....if I can enjoy gingerbread in summer, then surely I can answer.

First, this was leaked because it was the key part of the D23 P&R presentation. I have heard nothing to indicate that anything has changed. And backstage people are being prepped to move. Basically, the entire bavk third of the park is to be leveled. All of the formerly used space will not be used in this redo. Expect Star Wars and Cars areas. SW to feature a new E-Ticket, a new C (Likely in the MuppetVision theater) and new food and beverage replacing Backlot Express, pizza Planet and Mama Melrose's. Cars will feature an E'Ticket (that doesn't appear to be a RSRs clone) and a B Ticket that is likely Mater's Junkyard Jamboree as well as food and beverage and retail.

Only Hollywood and Sunset Blds should be untouched by the project, which should begin in phases starting this fall and lasting until 2018.
Will the Muppets be getting a new presence somewhere else then? If a C ticket goes where Muppet Vision is? I just would hate @Magenta Panther to be deprived of his favorite characters. EDIT: Do you know what location and/or attraction they have in the plans for Muppets if/when it is moved?

Surprised that they are adding two E tickets. Wondering what the Cars E ticket that isn't RSR could be... I guess they didnt want to build all the rock work huh? ;). I have to hope it is something with the spectacular AAs like in Cali... I don't like Cars enough to be enthused by something that is more screen based.

The speeder bikes would be a welcome addition though I suppose some will throw a fit that it isn't toddler friendly.

flynnibus

Premium Member
What do you do when you don't want to talk about MM+ or WDW's total lack of anything new for summer?

Don't say go to UNI or DL ... While I wait for the energy to return (I need fanboi tears) I guess I'll tackle something else.

A sandy place full of tiki huts and bikinis...

71jason

A few random observations from the past two days ...
  • Spirit, I apologize, you were right. Talked with a CM friend who has been exiled to the ticket window. He said fully 80% of sales are 1-day tickets (!). I'm not sure that represents the guest population of the park as a whole, but yeah, a lot of those still being sold apparently. Often to people who can't grasp that the multi-day would be the better deal--not sure how they will handle FP+.
  • Bumped into another friend who is on her third room at Kidani Village. First two had bedbugs.
  • MK seemed slightly busy at best last night--hardly a Summer crowd. Leaving not long after the fireworks, if you took away all the people who got off the resort monorail at the TTC, I would have had a bench seat from MK to Poly all to myself. Poly parking lot was far from full, despite having dumpsters taking up at least 4 or 5 rows (is there news there?).
  • Finally tried the new Starbucks. No beef with the decor or lack of seating/cinnamon buns, but for the first time in 20 years, had a Starbucks miff my order. CM who took it clearly knew next to nothing about the menu. Probably deserves a fuller post in the Cinnamon Buns Anonymous thread, but never thought I'd see the day where a corporation should be embarrassed by its association with TWDC.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Living in a city that claims to have the best gingerbread in the world, I can tell you there is no prohibition against enjoying it in the summer. The local gingerbread manufactuary was busy baking this morning when I passed it on the way to work - it always smells very nice there. :D

A gingerbread bakery would have been perfect for the Germany pavillion in Epcot - instead of that horribly unauthentic caramel shop!!!

You may or may not find me sleeping on your porch one day. If you smell gingerbread on the way to work in the morning, thats a place I need to live by. I won't tell you what I get to smell on the way into lovely, stinking downtown pittsburgh.

Ugh.

Sidenote, are rivers supposed to be brown and radioactive green?

the.dreamfinder

Well, MiceChat's D23 interview was ... Interesting.
There won't be one big keynote, just a bunch of panels. The guy from WDI claims there will be no new "product" announcements. They must really want to kill D23.

PhotoDave219

Wireless/mobile networks all suffer from the same problems, too little bandwidth and too much demand. LTE will help the situation some, carriers (AT&T and Verizon specifically) are spending hundreds of millions of dollors to add massive amounts of capacity to each tower to support higher bandwidth requirements.

On Disney's property there are not very many towers, this is a particular problem for AT&T as they are not Disney's preferred provider but they seem to be doing a better job spreading their towers out and using better antenna design techniques to maximize both signal levels for 3G and older phones and provide the high bandwidth availability to LTE phones.

Anytime you have the number of people that visit MK or Epcot on a given day it will push even the most robust mobile carrier network because there are too many radios/phones talking in one spot raising the noise level to almost insurmountable levels. Every phone adds a small amount of "volume" to the overal signal level in the immediate area, after you get 5,000 phones or more the noise level is very high and is also the reason why your batteries on phones don't seem to last as long while visiting the parks because your phone starts raising its output level to overcome the noise.

Which gets back to my idea that Disney needs to seriously upgrade the bandwidth of their wifi in the terms of how many simultanious users they can have at once.

willtravel

A few random observations from the past two days ...
  • Spirit, I apologize, you were right. Talked with a CM friend who has been exiled to the ticket window. He said fully 80% of sales are 1-day tickets (!). I'm not sure that represents the guest population of the park as a whole, but yeah, a lot of those still being sold apparently. Often to people who can't grasp that the multi-day would be the better deal--not sure how they will handle FP+.
  • Bumped into another friend who is on her third room at Kidani Village. First two had bedbugs.
  • MK seemed slightly busy at best last night--hardly a Summer crowd. Leaving not long after the fireworks, if you took away all the people who got off the resort monorail at the TTC, I would have had a bench seat from MK to Poly all to myself. Poly parking lot was far from full, despite having dumpsters taking up at least 4 or 5 rows (is there news there?).
  • Finally tried the new Starbucks. No beef with the decor or lack of seating/cinnamon buns, but for the first time in 20 years, had a Starbucks miff my order. CM who took it clearly knew next to nothing about the menu. Probably deserves a fuller post in the Cinnamon Buns Anonymous thread, but never thought I'd see the day where a corporation should be embarrassed by its association with TWDC.
You serious? Bedbugs at Kidani Village?????? I know, they can be anywhere...

flynnibus

Premium Member
Interesting, and possibly a bit disingenuous.
Are we to believe there will be no new information released about Avatar? Shanghai? DCA? DHS?
We know there is stuff to tell, so why wold they hold it back?

Curious...

Maybe the standard for an announcement is 'specifying an opening date'. If they want to talk about stuff 'in the works' without committing to an opening or dates.. maybe the comment is defendable.

ORR...

If the announcement is made OUTSIDE D23 before or concurrently... and D23 then follows on and has all the details.. then again.. no announcement is made at D23... but all the info is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom