Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctornick

First, this was leaked because it was the key part of the D23 P&R presentation. I have heard nothing to indicate that anything has changed. And backstage people are being prepped to move. Basically, the entire bavk third of the park is to be leveled. All of the formerly used space will not be used in this redo. Expect Star Wars and Cars areas. SW to feature a new E-Ticket, a new C (Likely in the MuppetVision theater) and new food and beverage replacing Backlot Express, pizza Planet and Mama Melrose's. Cars will feature an E'Ticket (that doesn't appear to be a RSRs clone) and a B Ticket that is likely Mater's Junkyard Jamboree as well as food and beverage and retail.

So, in light of micechat's recent interview about D23, do you think that there is going to be a D23 announcement regarding DHS expansion? I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't announce something at that forum.

Cody5242

Interesting, and possibly a bit disingenuous.
Are we to believe there will be no new information released about Avatar? Shanghai? DCA? DHS?
We know there is stuff to tell, so why would they hold it back?

Curious...
Well Avatar isn't a new product since its already been announced, so maybe they will show off some artwork for Avatar?

WDW1974

Original Poster
A few random observations from the past two days ...
  • Spirit, I apologize, you were right. Talked with a CM friend who has been exiled to the ticket window. He said fully 80% of sales are 1-day tickets (!). I'm not sure that represents the guest population of the park as a whole, but yeah, a lot of those still being sold apparently. Often to people who can't grasp that the multi-day would be the better deal--not sure how they will handle FP+.
  • Bumped into another friend who is on her third room at Kidani Village. First two had bedbugs.
  • MK seemed slightly busy at best last night--hardly a Summer crowd. Leaving not long after the fireworks, if you took away all the people who got off the resort monorail at the TTC, I would have had a bench seat from MK to Poly all to myself. Poly parking lot was far from full, despite having dumpsters taking up at least 4 or 5 rows (is there news there?).
  • Finally tried the new Starbucks. No beef with the decor or lack of seating/cinnamon buns, but for the first time in 20 years, had a Starbucks miff my order. CM who took it clearly knew next to nothing about the menu. Probably deserves a fuller post in the Cinnamon Buns Anonymous thread, but never thought I'd see the day where a corporation should be embarrassed by its association with TWDC.

I find that 80 percent figure to be waaay high, but it could be accurate where your friend is working. But MK and EPCOT sell a tremendous amount of one day tix. The other parks, less so.

Bedbugs are an issue all over again due to regulations against the insecticide that wiped the out. Has nothing to do with a place being dirty. People are bringing them with them.

Have heard the same thing. Parks are not exactly packed. I'm sure folkls decided to wait for the kiddie coaster to open. Yeah, that's it.

My only comment on the buns is that I spoke to someone high up the food and beverage ladder and while they are getting plenty of complaints about the pastries (that are exactly the same at Gaston's, EXACTLY), they are a pittance compared with the praise they are getting for having drinkable coffee beverages at the park.

bubbles1812

Well Avatar isn't a new product since its already been announced, so maybe they will show off some artwork for Avatar?
Where does that exactly leave a Cardland and/or Star Wars expansion? Are they still THAT wobbly on the projects that D23 doesn't seem to be the venue for those announcements (if they come at all I guess)? It isn't that far away. You'd think they would manage to finalize something.

Rodan75

The MiceChat article mentioned new Rides, not attractions or expansion/renovation announcements. The question was written in a very specific fashion with a very specific response by Disney. They could detail Pandora, DHS 2.0 (shouldn't it be 3.0?), and the DL dark ride refurbs without breaking anything in that interview.

They will save Ride 'details' and specific announcements for other events to keep the media talking about their projects...similar to what UNI has done with TF/Simpsons/HP.

The MiceAge interview was to reduce expectations of world peace.

Calvin Coolidge

My only comment on the buns is that I spoke to someone high up the food and beverage ladder and while they are getting plenty of complaints about the pastries (that are exactly the same at Gaston's, EXACTLY), they are a pittance compared with the praise they are getting for having drinkable coffee beverages at the park.

Are they? I thought the frosting was different

GiveMeTheMusic

They make the MAGIC. Spirit says some fanbois find Bruce Vaughn and Tom Staggs "tasty".

Srsly - I just vommed up my Activia.

e0f57411039c2087301abf8782dddb16_298e9ae9a2ec701e934cc691ea0a6ca3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom