Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodan75

Uhh.. mobile traffic by definition goes to the carrier's towers and uplinks.. not Disney. They can't be using the same trunk/uplink bandwidth.

Sorry, I was thinking a little further upstream depending on who the long haul providers they are using.

On the wireless interference, we leverage a similar set up and a wireless hotspot can knock out an access point if the AP isn't configured properly, so maybe the Cisco being sensitive was the wrong message.

But like you said, none of the issues should be taking more than 90-120 days to resolve, if they have a strong network team and partnerships with the wireless providers. I think it is obvious that the team they have working on their in-park wireless solutions is either under-manned or under-skilled.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Sorry, I was thinking a little further upstream depending on who the long haul providers they are using.

On the wireless interference, we leverage a similar set up and a wireless hotspot can knock out an access point if the AP isn't configured properly, so maybe the Cisco being sensitive was the wrong message.

But like you said, none of the issues should be taking more than 90-120 days to resolve, if they have a strong network team and partnerships with the wireless providers. I think it is obvious that the team they have working on their in-park wireless solutions is either under-manned or under-skilled.
Well, it must be one of the two, because it certainly doesn't seem to be under-budget!

flynnibus

Premium Member

You're inferring congestion at the major metro levels? I'm pretty sure those tens of thousands of residents sitting at home on their cable modems and DSL lines purring along at 10+Mbit are a far greater impact then the thousands of wireless users chugging along at 100kb/s :) And sharing of bandwidth just isn't how it's done anymore once you get to the exchanges - it's all about peering. But another area where its quick to resolve if someone needs to.

Not sure what failure you are seeing - if you're talking radio interference or someone setting up a conflicting network.. but I think your concern is a bit unnecessary there.

The other thing is on this topic.. it's something that is quite easy to measure and monitor once the network is live. So I'm pretty sure we can assume they know exactly what the weaknesses are. The question is.. what will they do about them?

Goofyernmost

American Adventures sprocket locked projection system no longer keeps the image rock steady as required.
In my recollection, that has been like that for a very long time. I recall it being even worse a few years back.
Indeed. I've vented enough in the past what a waste of a fantastic facility the current show is.
I assume you are talking about Energy and if you are, it certainly isn't any worse then that 45 minute infomercial for Exxon that originally was shown there.

SherlockWayne

Maelstrom smoke effects, Tessla coil. A least recent reports state some of the wave machines are working again.
I can attest that the wave machines are working again. I wonder though, are there any videos that show the Tesla coils ever having worked. Every Tesla coil I've ever seen has been unbelievably loud to the point that I would have a hard time picturing it in a boat ride of all things. I noticed even in the image, in the Imagineering book, of the Tesla coil being tested, all of the Imagineers appear to be plugging their ears. Just curious...

ThemeParks4Life

Spirit, weren't you mentioning that DL's Christmas parade and fireworks are becoming hard ticketed? I might be going for the first time at the beginning of December.

Californian Elitist

Spirit, weren't you mentioning that DL's Christmas parade and fireworks are becoming hard ticketed? I might be going for the first time at the beginning of December.

Trust me, it's not worth paying extra for the Disneyland Christmas parade and fireworks. They're both lackluster and dated, IMO. You don't have to pay extra for Haunted Mansion Holiday or "it's a small world" Holiday, the REAL "stars" of the Christmas season at Disneyland. Please, don't bother paying extra. If you want a less commercialized Christmas experience, go to USH for Grinchmas.

Figments Friend

I can attest that the wave machines are working again. I wonder though, are there any videos that show the Tesla coils ever having worked. Every Tesla coil I've ever seen has been unbelievably loud to the point that I would have a hard time picturing it in a boat ride of all things. I noticed even in the image, in the Imagineering book, of the Tesla coil being tested, all of the Imagineers appear to be plugging their ears. Just curious...

It was a startling effect. I vaugely recall a 'POP' sound, but it was more visually impactful , to me anyway.

I remember on my first ride on the attraction it went off and it spooked me.
I think the combo of seeing that large blast of electric power while sitting in a environment surrounded by water made some people uncomfortable.
I know it freaked me out a little at the time...was not expecting it in the scene it was in.

Not sure if other people had issues with it, or Guests complained. If so, it might have had something to do with it being turned off.
All i remember after experiencing it is i was left a little startled.

Figments Friend

One point of contention there on that list... I never experienced the TVs in the Space Mountain queue. I would never want to. The place is loud enough as is sometimes. Adding something to drown out the amazing background music in the line would kill me. This is silly, but... everytime I go to MK I'm hoping that that background music hasn't been replaced, because it's 80s as heck and amazing.

Very rarely, losing something is a plus, in my opinion.

If you dig cool, old-school background music...from the late 70s mind you....stroll on over to EPCOT and hang around the outside of The Land.
Also, do not miss visiting the famous Imagination Pavillion bathrooms located outside, around the corner on the back side. Some fantastic stuff plays in there....

May these loops NEVER be replaced or updated.
A cool little slice of Retro-Cot right there for the taking.
:)

Figments Friend

This is good news only if they are looking for honest feedback. We stayed at AoA in the Little Mermaid rooms within the first week of opening last October. They had cast members taking surveys of guests who were checking out. The only problem was that the survey was set-up in such a way that real feedback wasn't possible. We actually had a great stay, but there were a few areas that needed improvement and/or tweaking and there was no way to mention it on the survey. For example, our room keys didn't work properly the first couple of days and they had to be replaced eventually. There was nowhere to mention this type of feedback. There were a couple of other small things I would have liked to have mentioned, but couldn't because of the way the survey was structured.

All that to say, I wouldn't be surprised if the survey is set-up to tell them exactly what they want to hear - and who knows what that is.

In the past i have also been approached upon check out to voice my opinion in a survey.

It has been a few years, so perhaps the current surveys have a different layout, but i remember i had the option to add additional comments at the end after answering the multiple choice questions.
I remember this as it was the part of the survey where i really typed a lot and gave some genuine feedback and views about my Resort hotel in general. No rants...at the time i was quite happy with the Resort and felt it was doing a good job in the areas touched on. I think food quality was my only real negative comment.

At the time the focus of the survey was Guests' opinions on if they felt they were getting value for their money staying at my particular Resort.
It also asked about food quality, room cleanliness, and overall satisfaction with the hotel property.
At the end was a place to give additional comments and i always would.

Often i would receive a follow up survey by e-mail once back home...which usually also had questions targeted towards my opinion with booking the Resort, my stay, and perceived value opinions.
Again, there would be a space to put additional comments and i would always use it.

Perhaps now those additional spaces have been done away with.
Can you just imagine what some people are probably writing in there these days....?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Trust me, it's not worth paying extra for the Disneyland Christmas parade and fireworks. They're both lackluster and dated, IMO. You don't have to pay extra for Haunted Mansion Holiday or "it's a small world" Holiday, the REAL "stars" of the Christmas season at Disneyland. Please, don't bother paying extra. If you want a less commercialized Christmas experience, go to USH for Grinchmas.

+1 the christmas fireworks at DL SUCK. The parade is kind of neat tho..but I'd never pay just for that :)

ThemeParks4Life

Indeed, but if it happens, it could be on one of my vacation days.

stevehousse

Going to MVMCP for the first time this year! We plan on going nov 15! Do tickets usually sell out pretty quickly? I have yet to purchase them, my wallet needs a break from paying for our trip!

WDWFigment

+1 the christmas fireworks at DL SUCK. The parade is kind of neat tho..but I'd never pay just for that :)

Really? I sort of like the fireworks (even with that new age soundtrack), but thought the parade was pretty bad--really dated.

I question whether they have the capacity to go to hard ticket parties at Christmas. It works at Halloween because there are several slow nights during that season. There's less time during the Christmas season that crowds are that light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom