Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParentsOf4

Have heard from a few folks in O-town that WDW's parks have been very slow the past week to 10 days.

Have also heard that UNI has been packed since Transformers and Springfield debuted ...no reason to doubt any of that. But it should be good to kick us over 200 pages.:)
I'll be at Uni in less than 2 weeks. I'll be there several days and will let you know how busy it is.

No plans to visit a WDW theme park this trip though.;)

WDW1974

Original Poster
WDW is always looking to cut opex. One way to do so is to reduce operating hours.

On a few threads, people have commented along the lines of "I went last year for Spring Break and MK was open till 1 AM; this year it was only open to 11 PM." It appears this trend continues this summer, despite reports of increased crowds.

We've already seen evening EMH cut back from 3 to 2 hours. I did not read a storm of protest which corporate Disney will likely interpret as a sign that even further cutbacks are possible. For now, I think morning EMH might be safe. Even Uni and my local Six Flags offer early opening and we all know WDW of late has been striving to achieve the level of excellence of Six Flags!:rolleyes:

As far as onsite perks, let's see what happens with MyMagic+.:)

While folks about cinnamon buns and coffee, Disney takes a hatchet to summer EMHs and no one even notices.

Nemo14

For the right price, I'll appear in an Avengers film ...I'll even do full frontal nudity.

eek.gif

Cosmic Commando

I bet for the right price, Spidey appears in an Avengers film.

I hypothesized in the second Spirited thread that if Avengers gave Iron Man 3 a big boost over the previous Iron Mans (I'd say it did), then Sony might look to get a similar boost for Spidey. Sony gets free advertising for their movie in a mega-blockbuster; Disney gets a hook to get people into the theater as they try to top that ridiculous $200M opening weekend of the first one, and they get to sell Avengers Spider-Man toys, too. It could just be a cameo in the big battle at the end... there would be major buzz.

Cosmic Commando

Why would someone judge you for thinking Titanic was awesome? It was.
I was 30 when Titanic first came out. I paid to see it 12 times. I bought the DVD the day it was released. When it was re-released in 3D for the 100th anniversary, I was only able to see it 6 times, due to its limited run. The sixth and final time I saw it, I drove 80 km (each way) to see it on the last day it was playing. If it were still playing, I would be heading to a matinee tomorrow (Tuesday is cheap movie day in Ontario).
On an unrelated note, I have never seen Avatar, as nothing I saw or read about it at the time appealed to me. If they actually build Avatarland/Pandora in DAK, I will be thrilled to check it out, ride the rides, linger in the shops and possibly dine there. A) I think with Cameron's input and Disney's talent, it will be amazing; and B) There is not enough to do in DAK, so I'm kind of desperate.

Dee Vee Dee? I remember that you had to buy it on two VHS tapes because the movie was so long!

WDW1974

Original Poster
I just tried a google search for Walt Disney World Italian Dressing. Your post came up 4th on the list. 1st was a .pdf menu from disney.com for Tony's Town Square. 2nd was a Youtube from some guy named Garret chugging Italian dressing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the original WDW dressing was a simple vinagrette (olive oil of some type, some type of vinegar, perhaps some dijon mustard, some sugar, and an off-the-shelf seasoning mix). Mass produced, designed to be shelf stable, but with something relatively simple added to it to taste different (and good).

Salad dressing is something that should *never* be purchased in a store. Buying salad dressing is just as bad as buying pre-marinated steak tips or precut onions.

It wasn't simple ...had lots if herbs and 'stuff' (hey, I was a kid and last had the stuff in 1995 when I found Trail's End at FW still using it). I bet George K knows what I am talking about. I doubt anyone working in WDW Food and Beverage does. They probably also don't recall the endless salad bowl at Boatwright's with homemade childlike ranch dressing, either.

I love talking about food.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Nice to hear the painting was finally returned. I know some time ago you made it a personal goal to insure this was replaced and not forgotten about.

Regarding how folks are getting the money to stay at the high end Resorts during a WDW visit.....five words: The Magic Of Credit Cards.
Lots of folks take the family and go nuts...charge everything...with no real intention of ever paying off the big bills in the long run.

Well, others worked to get the painting fixed and rehung but it is amazing what a threat of public humiliation can do to get people to do the right thing.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Dee Vee Dee? I remember that you had to buy it on two VHS tapes because the movie was so long!
Yep, VHS would be correct - a word no longer in our lexicon. My bad.
I did, however, subsequently purchase the DVD, for my son for Christmas.
Also, loser that I am, I used to have the poster tacked to the inside of the laundry room door, where only I had to/got to look at it.

Cosmic Commando

Yep, VHS would be correct - a word no longer in our lexicon. My bad.
I did, however, subsequently purchase the DVD, for my son for Christmas.
Also, loser that I am, I used to have the poster tacked to the inside of the laundry room door, where only I had to/got to look at it.

... and did you draw over Kate Winslet's face with a permanent marker or cut her right out of the poster? C'mon... be honest.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It wasn't simple ...had lots if herbs and 'stuff' (hey, I was a kid and last had the stuff in 1995 when I found Trail's End at FW still using it). I bet George K knows what I am talking about. I doubt anyone working in WDW Food and Beverage does. They probably also don't recall the endless salad bowl at Boatwright's with homemade childlike ranch dressing, either.

I love talking about food.
What is childlike ranch dressing?

asianway

Have heard from a few folks in O-town that WDW's parks have been very slow the past week to 10 days.

Have also heard that UNI has been packed since Transformers and Springfield debuted ...no reason to doubt any of that. But it should be good to kick us over 200 pages.:)
I've been told Studios is dead by around 1pm

WDW1974

Original Poster
Try Bern's Steak House in Tampa (not a chain, there is only one location). Somewhat strange decor but fantastic food and service. I wonder if the Sprirt has ever eaten there...

No. It has been on my life's 'must eat' list for 20years. I just don't like Tampa. I once had an office there that I NEVER set foot in (for years). But after going to BGT last month, I know I'll be back this fall and will dine at Bern's post coasters and animals.

I loved Hong Kong before today, but I love the place even more now ...because there's a DL there, yep that's it.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'll see it too. Johnny Depp as a western Jack Sparrow should be fun.
And I'll be taking my niece and nephew to see Monsters U next week, after school is done.
End of the World is on tap for tomorrow. As long as they don't mock the rapture, I am not likely to be too offended.

You are funny. I like funny. But not as much as food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom