Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

crispy

Am I the only one who had never seen Lou Mongello's blog...or Ricky Brigante's blog...and has no desire to see them?

One time, I went and looked at a blog because some dingbat girl was giving ridiculously bad advice online and pushing her blog.

Some of these people with blogs know their stuff and some do NOT. I know a lot more than some of these folks who are attempting to teach others, lol.

Sometimes it is the blind leading the blind out there.

Don't like it and don't eat it, lol. Much rather have ribs, a burger, pork chops or a salad. But I've had other things there that were good. :)

You should get a blog. With all the swearing, lol. :) It would be unique and fun to read for many people. Have a weather section. Plus, you can take pics. I don't know why you don't!

Nope, I have never even heard of Ricky Brigante, and the only reason I've heard of Lou is from the mentions here. The only Disney "celebrities" I'm interested in are Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, etc. I don't get the following these bloggers have. It's actually kind of creepy.

As far as steak, it's something I have to be in the mood for and I am not a connoisseur by any stretch of the imagination. I actually offended a waiter at Longhorn once when I asked for ketchup and worcestorshire sauce for my steak. He looked at me and asked if I had ever had their steak. I said, "Yes, now please bring some ketchup and worcestorshire sauce." Because of allergies, I often have issues smelling and tasting so the subtle flavor of a good (or bad) steak is lost on me.

crispy

Oh, and to add I just saw Monsters University with my two daughters (ages 5 and 7). Monsters, Inc, has always been one of my favorites so I had high hopess. I thought it was cute, but it wasn't nearly as good as the original. It was kind of like Revenge of the Nerds meets Monsters, Inc. I loved all the sight gags in the first movie, and they seemed to be missing in this one.

bhg469

Nope, I have never even heard of Ricky Brigante, and the only reason I've heard of Lou is from the mentions here. The only Disney "celebrities" I'm interested in are Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, etc. I don't get the following these bloggers have. It's actually kind of creepy.

As far as steak, it's something I have to be in the mood for and I am not a connoisseur by any stretch of the imagination. I actually offended a waiter at Longhorn once when I asked for ketchup and worcestorshire sauce for my steak. He looked at me and asked if I had ever had their steak. I said, "Yes, now please bring some ketchup and worcestorshire sauce." Because of allergies, I often have issues smelling and tasting so the subtle flavor of a good (or bad) steak is lost on me.
All bloggers in general are just trying to pass off rumor and speculation as their own super journalism. They aren't held accountable for misinformation. I have said this many times but hearing someone call them self a mommy blogger makes my skin crawl.

Lee

Adventurer
Mrs. Lee sez she once caught you wearing a Rainbow Glitter pink tee!
Ummmm.....no. If for any reason (stroke...aneurysm...) I were to attempt to don a Rainbow Glitter shirt, she would immediately go, as we say here in the south, upside my head.

This is the woman who literally can't stand my '97 Test Track team jacket. Wearing it invites all sorts of ridicule, including but not limited to it being referred to as "that gay- jacket."
(Tomorrowland 2055 jacket, too. Hates it, mostly due to the fact she doesn't understand the logo, I suspect.)

Anyhow...just saw WWZ.
I liked it quite a bit. It is far less...ummm...moist than Walking Dead, but the pacing is great and there are several nail-biting, breath-holding moments.
Now I have to finally read the book. But not until after Under the Dome debuts tonight.

NoChesterHester

I don't think that's a good comparison. I have no issue with MAGIC bands. I have an issue with the entire NGE program and the ridiculous amount of money Disney is spending on it while it has four theme parks that have huge issues.

I don't mean for my swipe at the Magic Band complaining to be a validation of the entire NGE program. I just find the incessant complaining about little rubber bands to be obnoxious. It reeks of lashing out.

Now I do see some, but overall... little benefit in the NGE program to me as a patron. The rumored cost is hard to swallow as a fan that spends my own hard earned money to visit the parks only too see little progress. We saw an absolute dearth of development in Florida during the R&D for NGE, meaning that it really did eat a large chunk of the Cap Ex budget. If it is anywhere near the two billion dollars as rumored here, it seems like a massive waste of resources.

Sue_Vongello

It's not the parents so much anymore as it is the schools. They have taken over a parents authority concerning their own children and their education. I do understand that missing a number of days is hard to make up and certainly no one wants to make their kids do homework while everyone else is on vacation. However, they should be able to differentiate a student in academic trouble and one that can handle a few missed days.​
The worse part of that whole thing is it's the child that suffers and is punished due to a decision that his/her parents have made. It is the child that is held back or suspended, complicating the situation even more. So although I am as concerned about "helicopter" parents, (not to worry, it will come back to bite them eventually) this one cannot be totally assigned to them.​
At least here parents have told me that the school will actually fail you if you miss too many days,so for them it is more about that than the kids being behind. My daughter doesn't start "real" school until the fall so I have no first hand knowledge of this yet. I personally think that policy is ridiculous and don't have a problem taking my daughter out of school once or twice per year. As long as she can handle it of course.

It's not the school doing it out of goodwill. My girlfriend is a teacher and told me, in short, the schools get so much $$$$ per child each day the child is present. This is why they have put so many restrictions on what a parent can do with their own child. Stupid.

Glad I don't have to put up with that ... or I'd be taking them out and then reenrolling them.

Bryner84

I was just surprised no one had mentioned the cuts yet, but I realize they are busy obsessing over Starbucks ruining the MK (guess what? Disney did that itself over the last 15 years)
I agree with the sentiments but I still say give them hell over the MSB conversion. It isn't because they are serving Starbucks coffee (I don't expect Disney to brew their own from coffee beans grown in The Land), it's because they have so blatantly catered to a brand in order to partner with them. It makes them look pretty desperate really. This isn't a Kodak logo, or a "presented by" shout out...they shut down the whole stinkin place to Starbuckify it. It isn't the first instance of dumbing down but it is one of the most recent, and I think an important one. I would have been indifferent if what was promised had been what was delivered, your good ole MSB just with better coffee, but the end result speaks for itself. It's not an issue of brand for me, but an issue of place making.

the.dreamfinder

This is the woman who literally can't stand my '97 Test Track team jacket. Wearing it invites all sorts of ridicule, including but not limited to it being referred to as "that gay- jacket."
(Tomorrowland 2055 jacket, too. Hates it, mostly due to the fact she doesn't understand the logo, I suspect.)

Looks like we have proof Lee is a disgruntled former imagineer!!:D

Computer Magic

Yes, but the first time was after 9/11 and the parks were dead. I had no issue with them doing whatever was needed during a national crisis period.

This time they are doing it strictly for financial reasons. This time they are using the excuse that MM+ will enable guests to see more than ever before (enjoy the FPs for Wishes, the Aladdin spinner and PoC)so there is no need for any extra hours.

But there will be on this. Not when they phase out the night hours (likely after Spring Break), but when all those Mommys (some who even blog) can't get their morning hours, watch out!
I guess the The Character Caravan only lasted until the end of September 30, 2002. II guess I visited at the wrong time Sept 19th 2002 at the AKL. It felt cheap and out of place.

I think Disney is shortsighted thinking people are there only for the rides at night. Some of the best times are at night with the lights and night air. If it was all about the rides, I wouldn't even return.

asianway

I guess the The Character Caravan only lasted until the end of September 30, 2002. II guess I visited at the wrong time Sept 19th 2002 at the AKL. It felt cheap and out of place.

I think Disney is shortsighted thinking people are there only for the rides at night. Some of the best times are at night with the lights and night air. If it was all about the rides, I wouldn't even return.

I'm sure the caravan won't return after this round of cuts...

71jason

It's not the school doing it out of goodwill. My girlfriend is a teacher and told me, in short, the schools get so much $$$$ per child each day the child is present. This is why they have put so many restrictions on what a parent can do with their own child. Stupid.

Glad I don't have to put up with that ... or I'd be taking them out and then reenrolling them.

Interesting, thanks.

HMF

Disney already made their peace with the Sony/Spider-Man deal. Iger got the rights for the Spider-Man movie merch in exchange for Sony having permanent film rights for Spidey, so we don't have any more rush jobs like Amazing Spider-Man. Now Disney controls all Spidey merch.
I miss the days when anti-trust laws prevented the type of legal headaches that Iger's idiotic Marvel acquisition is causing.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
At least here parents have told me that the school will actually fail you if you miss too many days,so for them it is more about that than the kids being behind. My daughter doesn't start "real" school until the fall so I have no first hand knowledge of this yet. I personally think that policy is ridiculous and don't have a problem taking my daughter out of school once or twice per year. As long as she can handle it of course.
Before my kids started high school, we used to go the week before and the week after Labour Day. In Ontario, the school year starts the day after Labour Day, so they would miss the first Tues-Friday. Our school board's policy is that you can't be marked absent until you actually show up, so those four days never counted.
Being boys, however, it always took them until Hallowe'en to catch on the missed work from those four days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom