Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotoDave219

Uni seems to have a uneven relationship with social media. The online team and upper management seem to encourage it, while in park security seems to get a bit butt hurt. Is the site that had the hissy fit one of the ones that was getting backstage pics? In park security has been trailing some of the people who do regular photo updates and have trespassed someone as well.

Park Security at Uni is a tad more aggressive. They dont play around one bit.

ParentsOf4

I'm skeptical of those increased crowds, and I don't see a problem with the decreased park hours.
At the most recent quarterly financial review, Iger stated:

"In Q2, Walt Disney World and the Disneyland Resort both set new attendance records for the quarter."

Attendance was positively affected by the alignment of the New Year's and Easter holidays, which both were counted in the quarter.

Iger also said domestic theme park attendance was up 8% but, of course, that's heavily weighted towards DLR.

The economy is slowly improving (or at least people have grown tired of spending like it's a recession) so it makes sense that there's a lot of pent-up demand for vacations.

PhotoDave219

OK, confession time...I know this is going to be shocking, but I am not the brightest bulb on the tree sometimes. Please explain to me exactly what in the pluperfect hell, is the purpose of a FP for Wishes?

Do they have the show an hour earlier then anyone else is allowed to watch? Do they pass out blindfolds and ear plugs to everyone without a FP? I am at a loss to understand, actually two things...Do people really think that they can see a show that is primarily in the sky, if they are standing in a certain spot? (OK, not behind a tree) or will that be just another FP (of three) that Disney will be able to pass out instead of Splash?

It just seems to me that it is getting dumber by the moment. It seems that if someone as intellectually limited as I am starts to think that something sounds stupid, perhaps Disney needs to reconsider just how long they can continue to think that they can do anything and it will be slurped up like a Dole Whip Float.

I'm still not sure what the viewing sections are. I'll see what I can find out next week.

All I know is that I (and i think @WDWFigment as well most other photographers) will be very disappointed if the prime locations to watch the show from are suddenly roped off.

Travel Junkie

I hope he doesn't act like Jack Sparrow while playing Tonto...

Tonto is not a bumbling womanizing bafoon like Sparrow. On the surface I think people will come away as saying that's just a western Jack Sparrow, but there is more to the character. I give Depp a lot of credit for what he did. Much more of a subtle performance than the over the top charasmatic Jack Sparrow. I'm also sure they were very conscience of not offending Native American's. A straight ripoff of Captain Jack could have come off the wrong way.

luv

Am I the only one who had never seen Lou Mongello's blog...or Ricky Brigante's blog...and has no desire to see them?

One time, I went and looked at a blog because some dingbat girl was giving ridiculously bad advice online and pushing her blog.

Some of these people with blogs know their stuff and some do NOT. I know a lot more than some of these folks who are attempting to teach others, lol.

Sometimes it is the blind leading the blind out there.

Ummmmmmm Steeeeaaaaaaak.
Don't like it and don't eat it, lol. Much rather have ribs, a burger, pork chops or a salad. But I've had other things there that were good. :)

You should get a blog. With all the swearing, lol. :) It would be unique and fun to read for many people. Have a weather section. Plus, you can take pics. I don't know why you don't!

PhotoDave219

Josh (from another site that gets xxxxxxx here, the one time I mentioned it) has calculated that MK will open a total of 454 hours this July, compared to 502 hours in July 2011.

Oh Ive met that kid. He's.... he's special in his own way.

Cutting park wide labor by 48 hours seems pretty significant. I'm sure they'll extend if need be. Besides, it sounds much busier when Disney says "We had to extend hours again."

At least its not 2004 when the park would close at 7 some nights.

Animaniac93-98

I worry more about Tokyo getting their recent attractions from here ... Stuff like TSMM, Turtle Talk, PhilharMagic. That's more of a concern right now.

Don't forget adding a version of MK's Aladdin spinner to TDS and replacing the Castle Mystery Tour with a limited art exhibit. Monsters Inc. was an exception in TDR's new attraction rooster over the last 5 years and that's not good.

PhotoDave219

Am I the only one who had never seen Lou Mongello's blog...or Ricky Brigante's blog...and has no desire to see them?

One time, I went and looked at a blog because some dingbat girl was giving ridiculously bad advice online and pushing her blog.

Some of these people with blogs know their stuff and some do NOT. I know a lot more than some of these folks who are attempting to teach others, lol.

Don't like it and don't eat it, lol. Much rather have ribs, a burger, pork chops or a salad. But I've had other things there that were good. :)

You should get a blog. With all the swearing, lol. :) It would be unique and fun to read for many people. Have a weather section. Plus, you can take pics. I don't know why you don't!

Okay, Steak. Steak is yummy! Especially if its like grass fed Brazilian or Guatemalan beef.

I have no desire to start doing a Disney blog or news site. None.

Animaniac93-98

And on a very serious topic and drifting in a different direction.....

Rape on the College Program is a bit widespread.

My take is that Ive heard similar tales from too many women on the college program. The worst? The girls own birthday party.

Sounds like Disney is too lazy/incompetent to actually deal with a situation, which I find is true for any case of conflict involving them regardless of how serious the offending act is.

Reading this women's account is horrible and should be more widely noted by the media. There's no excuse for Disney to simply sweep cases like this under the rug or try and put blame on the victim. I understand why from a legal and PR perspective Disney would want to make sure all facts are straight before starting a formal investigation, but the way they handled it in this case was terrible and they deserve whatever backlash they get.

COProgressFan

Never seen them either, until I checked a couple out when discussed here on Magic (and Spirit's social media thread on another site way back when). Generally was not impressed.

Years ago, I saw something that looked like it was going to be interesting on a podcast (I have no idea which of the multitude of ridiculous WDW blogger podcasts it was). I listed to about 5 minutes of it and gave up, primarily because it sounded like something produced in a middle school media center. Who has time to listen to those horrible things?

tracyandalex

I've been thinking about this a lot and have wondered if Disney has even thought about how they are complicating an already relatively complicated process. Granted, they have to work out the website kinks but even assuming they manage to (judging by how it has been going thus far, it's a big if), imagining a person who has never been trying to sort thru all the different features and components that now go into a Disney vacation... I can easily see it being a huge turn off.

Even now, I can't tell you how many people don't realize that to get a half way decent meal, you have to reserve months in advance (which in and of itself is totally ridiculous). But now they are looking to add in the concept of ordering meals in advance... It could help with flow... Maybe... But their system goes offline and has so many things wrong with it, you can't tell me things are going to go wrong there. Not to mention people will still have to "check in" for their order so it isn't like it saves tons of time.

And that's just ONE component. So it's definitely a legit question to consider: How much is too much before people just say to hell with it, we will go somewhere else!? Has Disney even thought about it?

To kind of piggy back on this. Who is explaining all of this stuff to the first timers? I imagine there are a lot of folks that just call and say I want to book a trip and the CM books them the most expensive vacation possible giving the person as little info as possible.

What if i want to customize my food, even a little? Will that even be possible 60 days in advance? What if I make my QS reservation, but then can't get FP+ for that same park? I am not park hopping for QS. I wonder how long before cancellation charges are applied to the pre-ordered QS food. Last time we ate BOG for lunch we were completely amazed at how difficult it was for some folks to order on the touch screens. I can just imagine the frustration of those folks trying to do it from home with no assistance.

asianway

Just so I can be sure I am recalling the correct person, havent you all but deified Len Testa on previous posts?

asianway

And on a very serious topic and drifting in a different direction.....

Rape on the College Program is a bit widespread.

My take is that Ive heard similar tales from too many women on the college program. The worst? The girls own birthday party.
I dont doubt for one minute that all of this has happened and worse, but...

If there is no police report filed, are they expecting the private employer to fire an employee based solely on an internal report? Maybe Im thinking of the wrong article and I cant access the link right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom