Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParentsOf4

These boards have been building with negativity for years now. Hard to reverse the fan zeitgeist that quickly.

Do they realize how disgruntled the hard core fans are? Do they realize how much they have damaged the brand that is WDW? If so... Does that play into the decisions now?
But are hardcore WDW fans that disgruntled? They still seem to be in love with the place. With the exception of perhaps this thread, it's difficult to comment negatively on anything without going 15 rounds with pixiedusters.

With all due respect, even the Spirit belittles those who lament the disappearance of MSUSA cinnamon rolls. (Stop it Spirit; people have a right to feel passionate about whatever they like, even if everyone agrees the coffee's 1000 times better!) I've never eaten one but find it refreshing that fans are willing to criticize WDW over something so simple. Maybe if more fans derided WDW for every step backwards, WDW would be more like DLR, which has a truly passionate fan base.

Magenta Panther

YES ... It is why meetings have been held on multiple coasts across multiple divisions. Disney didn't want this info out before they carefully let it out through their own social media channels. Niles sorta blindsided them and this MAGICal group led by @pheneix , myself and others just frosted their unsurprise cake.

Good!

ParentsOf4

If the day comes when I either need to wait more than 15 minutes or make a reside for Mansion, Pirates or Small World then that will be when I drop my AP.
Then perhaps next year after you wait 30 minutes for Mansion as a result of FP+, you'll come and join me and my family at Uni?:D

Magenta Panther

Then perhaps next year after you wait 30 minutes for Mansion as a result of FP+, you'll come and join me and my family at Uni?:D

Okay, if you get FP for the Mansion, which queue do you go through? The little narrow one or the one that's full of gimmicky stuff most guests ignore or don't get (like the Ghost Writer?)

IHeartArt

He knows that. May even read it here. The decision will be guided by child-like emotion and not rational adult thought.Disney has built an empire on taking advantage of people with that mindset.

I think that people need to make a distinction between the ideal of Disney and the reality of Disney. It's okay to get wrapped up in the ideal of Disney, because what it represents is a beautiful, optimistic thing at the core. What's not okay is when you lose sight of the reality of it all, that the company has done some screwed-up stuff in the pursuit of money and will do screwed-up stuff to you if you just let it because you believe it can do no wrong... because it will. It will gladly do so, and you'll thank them for it.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
As Disney cheapens and shallows their experience. And this is exactly what I think MM+ is...I'm a huge supporter of a Disney planning app, and RELIABLE Wifi on the parks, Disney has never provided that to me on my trips, and from what I can tell, still doesn't...I NEED reliable internet to be able to spend many thousands a year at Disney and leave work for 2 - 3 weeks (as I continue to work remotely) and Disney has disappointed me on all trips and inconvenienced my trips outside of the wired internet at DLC and in 2011, when CBR had wired internet again.

I have to say I felt the Wifi service during our trip last week was much improved over previous trips. Of course, all of my work was done in our resort room - I wasn't really trying to access it inside the parks, but I never had any issues there. We did, however, have issues trying to access the parks app while inside certain ride buildings.

devoy1701

I understand and appreciate the skepticism of anyone when talking about TDO. But I also can't help but feel that many fans aren't excited by the size and scope of these changes.

If WDW was not such a stale product, then I might understand that 'tude. But considering the lack of major changes at the parks, I don't get it.

I think you and I have interacted enough to know where I stand with TDO and the future of WDW. I can't help but have a "I'll believe it when I see the dirt moving" attitude after how the resort has been managed for the past 10 years, and even then, I worry that Value Imagineering is going to triumph over us and these projects in the end. It's hard to get too excited with Burbank calling the shots but TDO managing the execution of the projects. When we start getting plans and artwork leaked, and all of our insiders agree that we need not worry about these projects getting downsized, then I'll come around to a full supported.

Though I must say, I'm surprised that you're surprise by my (and others') skepticism on this.

devoy1701

I love the analogy, even if most WDW guests can't fit into Abercrombie clothing (yep, even with their beloved baked buns gone from MSUSA). I've said it many times, but there is a strong mental illness component in the fan community (much like the social media/Disney Lifestyle contingent) and people absolutely feel better and more special when they can associate themselves with TWDC.

Spirited aside: I finally joined D23 because they finally priced it at what I felt it was worth.

Spirited anecdote: a friend recently asked for advice for his first visit to DLR. I almost choked (no Spurs jokes, please) when I heard he wanted to stay at the DLH and what it would cost. I explained how he could likely save well over $1000 on a four night stay by opting for a non-Disney choice. But said friend, who I will bet you anything winds up at the DLH, asked what the 'emotional value' was of spending his first visit on property. This is the mentality that Disney goes for. Intelligent people acting like they are under the influence.

another sidebar: We stayed at the Carousel Inn this past visit to DLR because we wanted to be within walking distance and we didn't want to pay $300+/night for our room. We'd rather (and did) spend it on fine dining at Club 33, Steakhouse 55, and other nice locations. However, we will not be staying at Carousel Inn again...so I have no idea what we're gonna do next trip. :confused:

bubbles1812

Okay, if you get FP for the Mansion, which queue do you go through? The little narrow one or the one that's full of gimmicky stuff most guests ignore or don't get (like the Ghost Writer?)
That crap is so dumb. If regular guests without FP+ lose the option of skipping that through that short line, I will be so sad. Of all the attractions that didnt need an interactive queue (as well as Pirates). I honestly don't mind a decent portion of the Next Gen stuff, but I will never ever be sold on FP+.

rael ramone

I am very glad to see the DHS will get some much needed attention, but I will only consider it a good thing if it is done properly. I am not a business person and please don't take this thread back to business, but you have to spend some money to make some money right? A replica of the DCA Carsland would not be the best idea for DHS. I would love to see us get a new Cars themed land, not a copycat. I believe that both Star Wars Land and Carsland can be huge, but only if they are done properly with truly new experiences (especially for Star Wars) and immersive areas. I guess that applies to Avatar too. I don't think I saw this mentioned, but will any TS locations be added with these new lands? I know Mam Melrose is not everone's favorite, but in a park with not many good TS options (Hollywood & Vile does not count as an option) losing one seems like a bad idea. I know folks have talked about the Cantina in SWL, but was that "confirmed" or just hoping?

Agreed on the 'done properly' aspect. If the result is a smaller footprint, scaled back replacements, and what ends up making though has to be totally acceptable to a 4 year old....

And since they've got the Street convinced that all is well in Themeparkland, how do they talk up this spending?

Loosing both Muppetvision 3D (easily the best 3D show on property even if you don't count the fact that it has a spacious waiting area with a great preshow instead of a cramped area with no show) and Indy.... the changes better be worth it...

71jason

I really don't see the point of the free membership since it does not come with the magazine and there are no major events unless you live in the Los Angeles area.

Speaking of, if you need a back issue of D23, there are several for sale at the Disney outlet store. Also a ton of higher-end Wicked Queen bric-a-brac and Ramone merch from Cars Land.

PhotoDave219

But are hardcore WDW fans that disgruntled? They still seem to be in love with the place. With the exception of perhaps this thread, it's difficult to comment negatively on anything without going 15 rounds with pixiedusters.

With all due respect, even the Spirit belittles those who lament the disappearance of MSUSA cinnamon rolls. (Stop it Spirit; people have a right to feel passionate about whatever they like, even if everyone agrees the coffee's 1000 times better!) I've never eaten one but find it refreshing that fans are willing to criticize WDW over something so simple. Maybe if more fans derided WDW for every step backwards, WDW would be more like DLR, which has a truly passionate fan base.

Its the over-dramatization of people suggesting that it will ruin their vacation, that they wont come back, etc. Those are the people I am certainly pointing and laughing at.

Then we suggest you write letters to:

Walt Disney World Guest CommunicationsPO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom