Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbles1812

Thou shall not speaketh negatively about Disney. Disney does no wrong!
The secret 11th commandment... How did you find out?

If you would dare commit such an unspeakable and blasphemous sin, God smites you with 50 consecutive Small World "experiences!" 100 if you praise Universal.

devoy1701

@WDW1974

If Burbank is the driving force behind DHS, then ...

1. What function/purpose does TDO serve?
2. Why wouldn't they push for bigger after seeing their success at DCA?
3. Could the "spirited change" not necessarily be personnel but governing body? Meaning could Burbank take over and just have TDO be an arm for implementation?

I don't think we can just look at the success of DCA and say "see, we need to mirror this thing for Hollywood Studios because it worked over there." I'm all for spending the money, we need an updated infrastructure at WDW, and DHS itself needs it's Southwest corner completely redeveloped. But I would argue that things at DHS aren't as bad (and never will get as bad as DCA got). DHS will always get an artificial boost in attendance because it's at WDW...and I say this even with what's going on at UNI...DHS will never be in as bad of condition as DCA. Having said that, I think it's also fair to say that a WDW park will never see the turnaround that DCA was able to see, no matter how much money is spent on a rehab. Again, because it's part of the greater WDW. People aren't going to decide to go to DHS instead of MK or EPCOT like they did in Cali when the refurb was done. And our parks don't benefit from being directly across from each other for people to easily hit the highlights in both parks. I want the whole park to be reimagined...the classics restored/refurbed to their original glory, and some substance attractions added to the lineup, but I don't expect a greenlight of $1B and a 40% increase in attendance because of it.

Anyway. I think OneDisney and the TDA being the controlling arm of the domestic P&Rs has been happening for the past 18 months.

the.dreamfinder

So this happened... can't say I'm shocked.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2013/06/paramount-park-project-at-alhama-de.html
Remember the big Paramount Park project at Alhama de Murcia in Spain that i told you about last month - see HERE ? Well, i'm afraid to say that the project is probably dead as Premursa, "the Developer and Promoter behind the Paramount Murcia theme park project - also one of the Investment companies behind the €50 Million development", filed for bankruptcy! Tumbit Spain add that "following yesterday's news, Jesus Samper declined to make any comment to journalists, instead suggesting that they speak with Santa Ana Alicante - the co-investors who had assumed responsibility for the promotion of the development".

In other words, the project is probably dead, it's a pity as it looked interesting but the concept itself is probably copyright Paramount so we might see it appear in others Paramount Park projects. Although the project at Alhama de Murcia received the green light of the city council last month what is happening is not very surprising considering the real estate situation right now in Spain. Good news, though, for DLP as it's also one less European competitor for Disneyland Paris, let's see now if the other Paramount Park project, the one in London will happen or not...

tracyandalex

I am very glad to see the DHS will get some much needed attention, but I will only consider it a good thing if it is done properly. I am not a business person and please don't take this thread back to business, but you have to spend some money to make some money right? A replica of the DCA Carsland would not be the best idea for DHS. I would love to see us get a new Cars themed land, not a copycat. I believe that both Star Wars Land and Carsland can be huge, but only if they are done properly with truly new experiences (especially for Star Wars) and immersive areas. I guess that applies to Avatar too. I don't think I saw this mentioned, but will any TS locations be added with these new lands? I know Mam Melrose is not everone's favorite, but in a park with not many good TS options (Hollywood & Vile does not count as an option) losing one seems like a bad idea. I know folks have talked about the Cantina in SWL, but was that "confirmed" or just hoping?

I saw Oz this past weekend. I thought it was ok, not bad, but not that great either. DD4 really liked it though for whatever that's worth. We will probably end up buying it because of DD.

I have not seen our favorite Pixie for a few pages, but the word is regardless!!! Sorry, but that has been driving me nuts for 10 pages now.

Harry Potter is all around better than Twilight.

I was looking at the list of the new rides added to FP+ :mad: I have never waited more than 20 mins for any of those rides and do not plan to in the future; nor will I waste a FP+ on them. therefore, as I stated in another thread our guest experience may be decreasing in the future meaning the $$ WDW gets from us may also be decreasing in the future.:(

Goofyernmost

I can't believe it, and you guys were just talking about him. Weird
All this talk recently about Jimmy Hoffa has awoken some apparent bad dreams amongst the troops. Wouldn't it be funny if they were to find Hoffa's body and right there along side it...Tony?:eek:

EDIT: At the time that I wrote the above "joke" I was not aware that James had actually died. I apologize if it offended anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom