Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funmeister

Since you called me out by name, just thought I'd pop in to gloat about Avatar. Crazy Tim was right all along. No worries, I'll disappear again so the propaganda machine can continue uninterrupted.

LOL RIght about what? Dirt-A-Tar is still just that....DIRT! I know you want to be an informer so bad but Timmy it's just not happening. Sorry to on your parade but if you would contribute to conversations instead of trying to lead conversations I think you would gain a little more respect. Sad.

bhg469

The Avatar artwork is really lousy? I completely disagree with that. It is long overdue and I would like a lot more details on the rides themselves.

The real question is can they build a land to live up to the artwork? If they do, Avland will at a minimum be visually stunning.
Well it wasn't really lousy but its still concept art, which is just that.

flyerjab

Honestly, I started following this literally the day Avatar was announced. I remember Tim talking about the plans for this as well as the other park improvements. Over time he started getting crushed about this and slowly disappeared form the threads. It seems he was correct. Also, the concept art for this looks incredible, along with the night time show. I do find it odd, however, that the Tokyo D23 is where they decided to announce this. That part makes no sense to me.

Tim_4

Honestly, I started following this literally the day Avatar was announced. I remember Tim talking about the plans for this as well as the other park improvements. Over time he started getting crushed about this and slowly disappeared form the threads. It seems he was correct. Also, the concept art for this looks incredible, along with the night time show. I do find it odd, however, that the Tokyo D23 is where they decided to announce this. That part makes no sense to me.
There's a very complicated authorization process before they break ground on a project this size. It's part of the reason Disney is so slow to do anything and it's why something could be "greenlit" one day and be cancelled the next. The final final final final greenlight hadn't happened in time for the California D23.

bhg469

I don't even remember how many years ago the avatar announcement was. It was long ago in a galaxy before they owned the star wars IP so at this point I'm done caring. Its too far away and too underwhelming to care about. When is that potter 2.0 finished?

Atomicmickey

There's a very complicated authorization process before they break ground on a project this size. It's part of the reason Disney is so slow to do anything and it's why something could be "greenlit" one day and be cancelled the next. The final final final final greenlight hadn't happened in time for the California D23.

Tim, from the art, it looks like they show the boat ride and the soarin ride.

Is there also a coaster?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Tim, from the art, it looks like they show the boat ride and the soarin ride.

Is there also a coaster?

Good question. If we assume the "big rock" has the simulator ride and that area that appears to have water right in front of Staggs is the boat ride then I don't see any signs of the coaster.

PhotoDave219

I think that most of us were hoping that this project would die and never be heard from again.

PhotoDave219

Man get real this kind of talk drags down the credibility of the whole forum and trashes up Spirits thread. Disney has Star Wars and Avatar they don't need LOTR. It is not happening.

Its the echo chamber effect. One person puts forth the idea and and unsourced, unverified report and someone else picks up on it. Shortly everyone is repeating the same nonsense, claiming thats because everyone else is reporting it. It comes to pass, its a bogus rumor and people get ed. Much like the Lucas-Iger/May the 4th bru-ha-ha.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They really need to give their process - and other areas - one colossal overhaul. The micromanagement, bloated hierarchy, fiscal spreading and corporate red tape is beyond a painful joke now.

PeterAlt

I'm going to check lithe the Avatar art right after I type this message. I just came here to say that I miss the days when rumors turned into news. The last time that happened was Disney Springs...

OldBill71

They really need to give their process - and other areas - one colossal overhaul. The micromanagement, bloated hierarchy, fiscal spreading and corporate red tape is beyond a painful joke now.

One of the scary parts about what you say here, is that if you take 5-10 years to develop a land or attraction, the ride technology will be nearly obsolete by the time the 1st guest ever gets to see it.

PeterAlt

I like it. It reminds me of the original art for Beastly Kingdom. Could be the Joe Rhode influence. The fact that they are planning to use this as a way to get the park to be a full day park and they were able to get extra funds for this is a good sign that things are finally changing for the better! Also, Flying over Pandora is pretty much confirmed.

PeterAlt

One of the scary parts about what you say here, is that if you take 5-10 years to develop a land or attraction, the ride technology will be nearly obsolete by the time the 1st guest ever gets to see it.
It's James Cameron. He just can't start pointing his camera and start shooting. He has to develop things first. That's why it took so long for Avatar (the movie) to be made and that's why Avatar 2 is taking so long. He's pulling that same crap here with WDI. While it's frustrating for everyone, it'll be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom