Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairstow

Besides cutting the Avatar budget, I have a feeling the cycle coaster was cut so that tech could be used for Star Wars.

If the rumors are true, a speeder bike coaster will be part of the SW expansion.

How do we know the motorbike coaster was ever part of the Avatar plan?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
So, since everything is referred to in acronym form it would be:

DPJCP:TWOAADPPJCAAAADPACTJCWDIJC

I think Steve will have to have a special page just for cutting and pasting the acronym. Or, maybe, the acronym will have its own website we can just bookmark. I can't wait to treat a noob like an idiot for not knowing what we're referring to.

John

OK so I wanted to go off on another tangent.....it is WDW related and something that has been discussed aroun d these parts before. What has been missing at WDW?....owwwwwwww lets say for atleast over five years.....an adult district or true adult offerings.....check what DCL is doing on the Magic.....why cant we have this in the parks?

Or on property somewhere?

RSoxNo1

I have it on extremely good authority that the only name for the land is:

PANDORA: The World of AVATAR

That's it. Take it or leave it. Normally I'd say to wait and see what the final name will be because things change, but this title doesn't seem like it will change one bit.
I can live with this. I'd prefer the land to be just called Pandora, but this works. I would expect to many it would be treated like Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain, by all accounts it's known as Expedition Everest.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Ok... This will be posted in 2 other threads.....

I was able to finally link my Premier AP yesterday after a marathon phone session. The 1 hour and 21 minute phone call has yielded a correct "entitlement" in all systems. This means I was able to set up FastPassMinus times for my family vacation just nine days before arrival.

I am hoping that the "entitlements" travel to all 3 Magic Handcuffs I have been issued over the course of my 2 weeks of Disney "bliss". I will approach this trip with an open mind when it comes to MyMagicMinus as I have stated elsewhere. I will be sure to give honest feedback of this current "enhancement" to my vacation experience.

*1023*

Bairstow

I was able to finally link my Premier AP yesterday after a marathon phone session. The 1 hour and 21 minute phone call has yielded a correct "entitlement" in all systems. This means I was able to set up FastPassMinus times for my family vacation just nine days before arrival.

I am hoping that the "entitlements" travel to all 3 Magic Handcuffs I have been issued over the course of my 2 weeks of Disney "bliss". I will approach this trip with an open mind when it comes to MyMagicMinus as I have stated elsewhere. I will be sure to give honest feedback of this current "enhancement" to my vacation experience.

*1023*
Well, since you obviously have such an open and positive attitude about the whole thing I can't possibly see how you won't enjoy it.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Who in their right mind visits O-Town in October anymore?

What kind of Spirit would be dumb enough to visit Horror Nights on a Friday (where he was almost in a fistfight with openings looking for trouble -- they did get handcuffed and led away, love the O-Town ganstas --UNI fanbois won't be happy by my ugly truth)?

Would he also be stupid enough to spend Saturday at EPCOT during the Food and Wine and Puke Fest Oh, you betcha, right @Lee?

Oh, Spirited V is looking to be even better than Rocky V was.

And I still was able to fit in time for soda thievery even if it wasn't where I planned.

Last edited by a moderator:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.

*1023*
Good luck. I hope things work out for you.
Not really sure how "open" your mind is though. Your post makes it seem pretty clear that you have pre-determined that it's all going to suck. And with that attitude, it will.

Some parts of the MM+ system work well. Others not so much.

If you have Park-Hoppers, I would suggest booking as many E-tickets for later in the day at your second park, and hit the first park at rope drop.

Seriously, relax and try to have fun. Have a Dole Whip. Skip the new Fantasyland Princess M & G. Catch Imagination before it changes yet again, or disappears altogether. Take the boat from DTD to POFQ and have some beignets. It's all good.

stevehousse

Don't even get me started on that bogus lawsuit that won't amount to anything...those people can have fun wasting time and money all they want...

MerlinTheGoat

I'm not a lawyer personally, but I was raised in a family of lawyers and other law practices. In terms of actually winning such a case (if it were even brought to court), I seriously doubt the opposition has a case at all. But as someone who also knows how the media and big corporations work, the chances of winning likely isn't what would concern Disney anyways. It wouldn't surprise me if these people filing lawsuits actually think they have a chance of winning (likely no chance), but Disney likely doesn't have any concerns about winning either way.

The problem is that Disney may actually be concerned about the negative spin the mainstream media would inevitably give them if they chose to pursue the case in court. Even with a 100% chance of winning (probably not a far off estimate assuming the court does its job properly), Disney may actually prefer to concede to these idiots' demands rather than pursue the case in court and draw the media's eye. It's one reason they turn a blind eye to what crap guests pull (theft, vandalism etc) without repercussion. It remains to be seen how far this farce is allowed to be taken.

stevehousse

I'm not a lawyer personally, but I was raised in a family of lawyers and other law practices. In terms of actually winning such a case (if it were even brought to court), I seriously doubt the opposition has a case at all. But as someone who also knows how the media and big corporations work, the chances of winning likely isn't what would concern Disney anyways. It wouldn't surprise me if these people filing lawsuits actually think they have a chance of winning (likely no chance), but Disney likely doesn't have any concerns about winning either way.

The problem is that Disney may actually be concerned about the negative spin the mainstream media would inevitably give them if they chose to pursue the case in court. Even with a 100% chance of winning (probably not a far off estimate assuming the court does its job properly), Disney may actually prefer to concede to these idiots' demands rather than pursue the case in court and draw the media's eye. It's one reason they turn a blind eye to what crap guests pull (theft, vandalism etc) without repercussion. It remains to be seen how far this farce is allowed to be taken.

It's a civil lawsuit they are trying to pursue, and all those people right now are fax booking everyone they know that is "effected" by the new program to send their info in to the lawyers office...

I really hope that ladies videos somehow come into play so they see first hand why the program needed to be changed in the first place...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom