Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Neo

The difference is Lucas doesn't make blockbuster movies any more. Cameron still does. It's as if Lucas passed the Patton on.

Yea he passed it on to younger generations of filmmakers starting with J.J.Abrams movie

Cameron will make as many avatar films as he has ideas for and he has already indicted that when he's done he will finish up the story/world bible and allow others to play in the universe he created. He may even end up selling the rights to Disney eventually.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It is my opinion and I didn't mention it as "proof". If you couldn't find it, I imagine I would have equal difficulty finding it. I know what I read and have no reason to make stuff like this up. Since you've been reading my posts here, have you ever read anything I wrote where I deliberately intended to mislead or outright lie about things? That said, take what I said or not. I really don't care.
well...now that you mention it...does "footings" ring a bell?

I read it on the internet...it MUST be true.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Since you called me out by name, just thought I'd pop in to gloat about Avatar. Crazy Tim was right all along. No worries, I'll disappear again so the propaganda machine can continue uninterrupted.

And what exactly was incorrect in my post? Nothing. I just ruffled your banshee loving feathers. You can go back to your cubicle now. I'm sure if your spouse sees anything backstage, you can make some veiled post. Me, I'm not impressed much.

Megalodumb

I am guessing that so long as you do not insult the Tea Party this thread doesn't get moderated.
Just a shot in the dark, but perhaps the mods are making sure we all abide by the no political comments/discussion rule. Whether or not we're a fountain of knowledge doesn't exempt us from that.

WDW1974

Original Poster
There's a very complicated authorization process before they break ground on a project this size. It's part of the reason Disney is so slow to do anything and it's why something could be "greenlit" one day and be cancelled the next. The final final final final greenlight hadn't happened in time for the California D23.

It is complicated because Disney chooses it to be. It wasn't like this under Eisner or even Miller.

Look at what UNI does. The fact this couldn't be announced Anaheim is so ludicrous that it barely deserves a response.

WDW1974

Original Poster
tea party ...insurance...political grandstanding

^^^
Come on...you KNOW that post will be removed, so why even post it. That is just BLATANT arrogance.

Maybe if people understood what they were getting in this thread, we could all simply communicate about issues without being handled like children.

And that is my point. I have been told on numerous occasions that this thread wasn,t being moderated 'by request' (not mine, ever). But if that is the case, then unless someone does something criminal like the morons who have put out personal info of mine or that they believe to be mine or threatens other posters, just leave the thread be.

I am an equal opportunity hater. Hated Bush. Hate Obama. They've destroyed this country... But, yeah, this likely will all disappear and I am not up for more online drama.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think I'd like your home. ...But my only point is if the thread isn't being moderated then I absolutely resent someone coming in and cleaning up posts on just one topic while letting anything else fly.

And I'd love to know how telling people how my family has been helped by the ACA some how breaks rules and harms other posters.
All threads on the forum are moderated. There would be chaos without.

Captain Neo

Up early? Disney TWDC announce something for Anaheim in Tokyo this morning?:D

I would argue there is plenty of chaos regardless.

Yea I mean I respect Steve but on one side this thread is strictly moderated on the other hand every time I click on this thread there are like 10 pages of off topic discussion by immature posters that have no relevance. It's a head scratcher.

I used to post on miceage and laughingplace but those sites have gone to the dawgs. WDWMagic is one of the last bastion of sophisticated Disney discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom