Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1974

Original Poster
cal817377LARGE-600x452.jpg

Mya Space

Do we know any of the folks there?

GiveMeTheMusic

Any "good" ones worth sharing? Stupid questions always give me a chuckle.

I don't care who you are, that's funny.

I'll copy my post on the event from the DL forum. And I am not exaggerating when I say mentally ill. You should have seen/heard some of these people; it was downright uncomfortable.

----------------------------------

Then the in-real-life-totally-charming Erin Glover took the stage with Tracy Halas (director and co-choreographer), and two guys whose names I didn't catch (one was the technical director) for Q&A. Erin asked some super softball questions and then opened it up to the audience.

This is when the evening went south.

The first question was the same one every single guest has - why aren't Lilo & Stitch onstage? Halas looked like she had answered this before (no doubt to an executive) and took a semi-defensive posture, saying that they wanted to showcase different elements throughout the show and this song was focused on acrobatics (of which there are few) and the hula ball things the girls spin. Laaaaaame

Then we had questions that were retreads of stuff press releases covered ("can you add new scenes for seasonal promotions or other movies, like Robin Hood?" I've sure got my fingers crossed for that new Robin Hood scene! I've heard Black Cauldron is coming first though!), repetitive (at least four people asked how they picked the movies/songs for the show - they got the same answer each time - in a series of meetings) or embarrassing ("I've seen World of Color 180 times and wanted to know if Spot was based on Little Squirt." o_O).

I packed it up and left as someone was asking why the show is so similar to "Disney Wishes on the Disney Fantasy, number four in the Disney Cruise Line fleet. It also has 'Wanna Be Like You', 'Reflection', a song from Tangled..." I left. Those poor people onstage - no wonder Disney thinks their fans are crazy/nuts/stupid.

Someone asked "what number this is for the Fantasyland Theater." As in how many shows have there been - hello, there was a DPB post on this last week! Do you even lift bro?

As we exited, we were handed a neatly wrapped Mickey-shaped rice crispy treat with the show logo inside. I thought it was a sticker, but lo and behold, it's a sturdy luggage tag! The reverse side even has the date and "Disney Parks Blog Meet Up" on it. Super cool!

The event was fun and well-organized, I'd definitely go again in the future - as long as I can skip any fan Q&As.
---------------------------------------

WDW1974

Original Poster
While I am taking my usual shots at the lifetyler twits, I gotta mention this: Brigante is complaining because UNI had the audacity to schedule their media preview of Horror Nights on the SAME night of the first MNSSHP.

Can you imagine that?

Because it would be too much to wait until FRiday for the media night at the party (when all the whores get in for free) and take pictures and report that the event is exactly the same as it was last year and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that except for logo merchandise ...oh, but Friday is also that LTM promo where the Studios (the park with almost no attractions) stays open until 1 a.m. For a half assed villains event (no Bob, no Tom, no Jay equals no villains for me!) AND yet another DPB meet that they all got invited to.

What is a to do? These poor folks. The decisions they have to make for 'work'.

EDIT TO ADD: You really should check out old Ricky's Twitter feed and watch him get schooled on ethics and media and what Disney expects for freebies from Andy Castro and a PR pro. And Ricky is SUPPOSED to be one of the smarter apples.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You know, there are non-thrill rides that have stood the test of time. Some are much older than the two you mentioned.

*cough*Mansion*cough*

To counter the idea that DL is perfect and always has been, The DL HM structure was built and sat for 6 years before it opened, To be fair the World's Fair was consuming Walt and WDI's attentions at the time, But I do think the original HM set the record for slowest TWDC attraction construction, However the 'Mine Train' is rapidly catching up in this respect.

Cosmic Commando

While I am taking my usual shots at the lifetyler twits, I gotta mention this: Brigante is complaining because UNI had the audacity to schedule their media preview of Horror Nights on the SAME night of the first MNSSHP.

Can you imagine that?

Because it would be too much to wait until FRiday for the media night at the party (when all the whores get in for free) and take pictures and report that the event is exactly the same as it was last year and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that except for logo merchandise ...oh, but Friday is also that LTM promo where the Studios (the park with almost no attractions) stays open until 1 a.m. For a half assed villains event (no Bob, no Tom, no Jay equals no villains for me!) AND yet another DPB meet that they all got invited to.

EDIT TO ADD: You really should check out old Ricky's Twitter feed and watch him get schooled on ethics and media and what Disney expects for freebies from Andy Castro and a PR pro. And Ricky is SUPPOSED to be one of the smarter apples.
Same as the year before? SAME AS THE YEAR BEFORE?!? MNSSHP would be awesome if it was always the same as the year before! Instead, there's less and less every year. @KevinYee has done at least one article on it before.

Cosmic Commando

To counter the idea that DL is perfect and always has been, The DL HM structure was built and sat for 6 years before it opened, To be fair the World's Fair was consuming Walt and WDI's attentions at the time, But I do think the original HM set the record for slowest TWDC attraction construction, However the 'Mine Train' is rapidly catching up in this respect.
Who says Disneyland has always been perfect? Guests died there directly because of management's cheapness.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Can you imagine that?

Why are they whining, this one is easy just grab last years blog entry, send one volunteer to the park to get this years merch and repost last years stuff with some pictures of the new merch, easy even a child could do it but perhaps its a task too difficult for the lifestylers...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Who says Disneyland has always been perfect? Guests died there directly because of management's cheapness.

As they have in Orlando as well and I still cant wrap my mind around the monorail accident, No cameras or CM's for a blind backing operation in the dark and locking out safety systems so a NORMAL OPERATION can be completed.!!!, As I recall a train at BTMRR came apart and a guest was killed as a result - deferred maintenance and safety systems at legal minimums no more.

My reference to 'Perfect' is we tend to use DL as the standard for measuring all things Disney but DL has it's warts as well, Though not as many or so obvious as the ones in Orlando

bhg469

So has anyone posted this alleged video? I'm curious to see the ultimate pixie dusters at work. I used to actually think they were insiders and had a clue. No I realize if someone is truly am insider, they have nothing exciting to say because frankly, Disney has nothing exciting to share.

lazyboy97o

As they have in Orlando as well and I still cant wrap my mind around the monorail accident, No cameras or CM's for a blind backing operation in the dark and locking out safety systems so a NORMAL OPERATION can be completed.!!!, As I recall a train at BTMRR came apart and a guest was killed as a result - deferred maintenance and safety systems at legal minimums no more.

My reference to 'Perfect' is we tend to use DL as the standard for measuring all things Disney but DL has it's warts as well, Though not as many or so obvious as the ones in Orlando
While Disney was definitely content with outdated systems, I have a hard time heaping all of the blame on them. Other monorail pilots have talked of other signals that would have indicated the switch was never flipped.

The train derailing on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was at Disneyland. I think Walt Disney World is still free of guest deaths due to their actions.

PhotoDave219

I know it can be hard to read a crowd, but did people "get" that an Equity actess had been hired specifically to goof on them? Was there any self-awareness on the part of the attendees?

Not that I heard of.... I had a bunch of friends there while I went to see Rancid play at House of Blues. (Punk rock band or California Grill? I know where my priorities lie)

Anyways, its my understanding that the people the actress was specifically mocking just didnt get the joke. Or they were offended because it hit a tad too close to home.

My hats off to the DPB team for finding a creative solution for this... Hopefully she'll be a standard at all DPB events.

PhotoDave219

This was my first event with the Parks Blog (except one where I was the guest of someone else, two years ago). I planned to mention the $50 card in my write up, as it kind of shocked me when I saw it. But I did *not* know that the media were given the card as well on their evening a few days ago. Interesting.

Any real reporter worth their salt has ethical rules where they have to turn that in to the bosses or flat our cant accept it.

So I heard a story about two of my friends talking and You (Kevin) came up to them, knowing one of them and you were introduced as "that running guy" or something along those lines. Such is the tale I heard....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom