Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyboy97o

And to think that I spent easily $300 on food during my last trip... Man, I think I've made the wrong career choices. I'd much rather report on how awesome the latest xx and how cool the newest yay and how Disney the current zz is than sit behind a desk dealing with people's crap all day. Also, free food... And a gift card? Sign me up.
I too will sell out for free stuff and goodies. I loves teh Disney!! It is the Magicalz!! :greedy:

tirian

Disney has nothing to do with the merchandise inside Japan. It's all from the Mitsukoshi department store; the only Disney thing you can buy is a pressed penny.

Thank you for your observation. Although I do not know the origin of where the Japan gift shop gets its t-shirts, what I can tell you is that the one I bought did not have a Walt Disney World tag on it, like all the others I bought through the years. It's interesting that the only t-shirt that caught my eye during the entirety of my last visit was a non-WDW shirt!

Clever Name

Correct. The store at the Japan Pavilion is a Mitsukoshi Department Store, that is why it is full of non-Disney properties like Pokémon and other things I do not recall by name at the moment.
Several years ago I purchased a complete 49 piece set of dinnerware (service for eight) from the Mitsukoshi Department Store at EPCOT. The set was on sale for a very good price and we had the purchase sent to our resort room. It was very heavy. It was packed in a large and heavy duty cardboard box and I loaded it into the car for the trip home. When we got home and opened up the box, every piece of the dinnerware was broken except for two cups, a bowl and a plate.

I called the Mitsukoshi Department Store at EPCOT and explained the situation. Without hesitation the clerk to whom I spoke said they would remedy the matter. Within a few days a UPS truck pulled up to my house with another complete 49 piece set of the same dinnerware. Every piece was in perfect condition. Customer service at its finest.

GiveMeTheMusic

And to think that I spent easily $300 on food during my last trip... Man, I think I've made the wrong career choices. I'd much rather report on how awesome the latest xx and how cool the newest yay and how Disney the current zz is than sit behind a desk dealing with people's crap all day. Also, free food... And a gift card? Sign me up.

I've been to one of the DPB meetups; a friend took me to the Mickey and the Magical Map event they had at DLR. There was a theaterful of guests, all of whom received comp tickets to Disneyland from 3pm on, a popcorn bucket full of kettle corn, a 20 oz soda, Mickey rice krispy treat and custom Magical Map luggage tags with the date on them. A few $300 prize baskets were raffled off as well. It was fun, except for the terrifying Q&A in which the mentally ill asked the creative team stupid questions after the show.

With the DPB events (there's another one at WDW on Friday night), you have to be on the blog the moment they're announced to get in or you don't stand a chance. You also have to be local, as they're usually last second.

Or, you could be a lifestyler and get media invites.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Lots and lots of Hello Kitty.
45 years old last year, and I bought a Hello Kitty wallet. I love it, and receive many compliments on it.
If this weren't the year I am finally going to spring for a Dooney & Bourke handbag, I would be buying the Hello Kitty purse.
Heck, I might buy both.

MOXOMUMD

45 years old last year, and I bought a Hello Kitty wallet. I love it, and receive many compliments on it.
If this weren't the year I am finally going to spring for a Dooney & Bourke handbag, I would be buying the Hello Kitty purse.
Heck, I might buy both.
I was going to buy the Hello Kitty backpack for my daughter for school until I saw it was $48. :greedy: She got a $7 Harry Potter one from our local Marc's instead.

Kuhio

Lots and lots of Hello Kitty.

But do they sell Hello Kitty beer?

ht_hello_kitty_beer_kb_130904_16x9_992.jpg

According to this link, you can now buy Hello Kitty beer in Taiwan and China.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/kitty-fruit-flavored-beer-hits-china/story?id=20155678

The article states that the beer manufacturer's Facebook page discourages underage drinking, and explains that the beer is marketed toward adult fans of Hello Kitty, which has been around for almost 40 years.

(I'm just imagining a heated debate about this on the "Hello Kitty News, Rumors and Current Events" board of the HelloKittyMagic.com forums...)

WDW1974

Original Poster
OK, so tonight was when the bloggers got use those $50 gift cards ...wonder what those checks were like.

BTW, saw The Disney Parks Blog little video and ...well, Scarlett is looking good. I have no idea why she isn't a sake gal. ...And was it just me or did Bland Tommy come off as scruffy-looking dude who would man the office at a Thrifty Rent a car?

How many of these folks, who will be telling their lame brained followers they should go and spend, spend, spend, will actually return on their own dimes and not spilt a flatbread and a salad?

WDW1974

Original Poster
@WDW1974 can you give us any more info about the possible changes to the GAC? Because I just saw this...
http://perezhilton.com/2013-09-06-hugh-hefner-scooters-through-disneyland-with-crystal

View attachment 31901
He looks like he's going to croak so I don't mind him being on it, but what's her excuse?? Her back hurt from being top heavy? Please....

Not really. The situation is still fluid (likely due to Legal), but the old ECV equals six people walk in the exit and ride immediately days are over.

This BS, which has been a whole lot more of an issue than folks bringing back old mugs and stealing a Sprite, is coming to an end. And if things are headed where they seem to be, I will commend Disney highly.

MOXOMUMD

But do they sell Hello Kitty beer?

ht_hello_kitty_beer_kb_130904_16x9_992.jpg

According to this link, you can now buy Hello Kitty beer in Taiwan and China.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/kitty-fruit-flavored-beer-hits-china/story?id=20155678

The article states that the beer manufacturer's Facebook page discourages underage drinking, and explains that the beer is marketed toward adult fans of Hello Kitty, which has been around for almost 40 years.

(I'm just imagining a heated debate about this on the "Hello Kitty News, Rumors and Current Events" board of the HelloKittyMagic.com forums...)
But do they have Hello Kitty scratch off tickets?

WDW1974

Original Poster
The decline in creative design and quality t-shirts over the past few years is a pet peeve of mine. However, there was one amusing exception. I was in the Japan pavilion at Epcot back in late May. They had a black (background) t-shirt from Japan with Godzilla and a bunch of other great, old movie creatures, with Japanese writing underneath each one. Brought it home to my husband and he loved it! Said it was the best "Disney" t-shirt I ever bought. I remember a time when the shops at Disney all had a variety of interesting designs on good quality, long-lasting cotton.

Disney tees, at least WDW ones, are crap. They are worth $4.99 at an outlet store.

your shirt may have been bought at Disney, but was not a Disney tee. Big difference.

WDW1974

Original Poster
This was my first event with the Parks Blog (except one where I was the guest of someone else, two years ago). I planned to mention the $50 card in my write up, as it kind of shocked me when I saw it. But I did *not* know that the media were given the card as well on their evening a few days ago. Interesting.

I look forward to reading your thoughts, Kevin.

Honestly, those cards speak volumes about so many aspects of Disney's organization right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom