Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Oh, to my pal Ricky Brigante (one of the few bloggers with the money to afford meals at the CG) who tweeted that his not getting an invite shows that bloggers are not being selected, I'd suggest someone at Disney has an issue with him.

I believe he also pointed out that 17 percent of the folks at the CG DPB meet and eat were bloggers or part of the community and that 'only' nine percent of those people were selected for this Friday's event. Many the same, though.

I will state that NONE of them should be as it should be a one and done for the year policy. Also, it is funny that none of them are ever left out as 'friends' always make sure they get in anyway.

Last edited:

TP2000

BTW, saw The Disney Parks Blog little video and ...well, Scarlett is looking good. I have no idea why she isn't a sake gal. ...And was it just me or did Bland Tommy come off as scruffy-looking dude who would man the office at a Thrifty Rent a car?

How many of these folks, who will be telling their lame brained followers they should go and spend, spend, spend, will actually return on their own dimes and not spilt a flatbread and a salad?

Yeah, that video was hilarious, and painful.

You can tell they tried desperately to edit out all the, um, not thin folks wearing their "good" polo shirts, none of which are tucked into their pants because you just can't do that in Central Florida. Not due to any five-years-too-late Orlando fashion sense, but because they literally can't tuck in their shirts into their pants. But still, the herd showed up in all the background and establishing shots, due to their sheer numbers in attendance at this event.

Judging purely by appearances of the background in this video, very few of these folks will ever go back and drop a few hundred bucks at a table for two at this restaurant. So why were they invited exactly?

You have to feel for the chefs trying their best with an approachable menu for this clientele whose point of reference for "fancy dinner" would be a carb-loaded platter from the Darden Corporation. And my heart goes out to Imagineer Debbie who worked with a very modest budget and only could choose one thing that was truly unique with this restaurant and somehow got custom Mary Blair carpeting past TDO.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I know you didn't ask me... but I'm going to play armchair psychologist here for a minute. First, I think some of them did get it. Being a hack is not the same as being clueless. Anyway, it was so blatant how could they not?

BUT... I bet most if not all of the people who "got it" truly believed she was there make fun of everyone else.

"But not me! I'm different! I'm better. Besides... Disney really likes me... right?"

I am sure this is exactly how the thoughts went.

Most of these folks think like children (and not the class wiz, either) and they truly believe these people are their pals. You see it in their comments when Disney doesn't invite them. Then they get all passive aggressive and toss out their twitter followers or the like. ... I just want to know how many sites get the traffic of this one?

Last edited:

stevehousse

What's even more funnier about these so called "events" is that they completely tailor themselves to the exact opposite demographic that they dont want! the ones who dont spend money in their parks!

As much as I love Disney, I think its a shame that they think they have stoop so low and give away money for people to like them...they should know better! Are they that desperate? I just don't get it, really...?!?

HenryMystic

Oh, to my pal Ricky Brigante (one of the few bloggers with the money to afford meals at the CG) who tweeted that his not getting an invite shows that bloggers are not being selected, I'd suggest someone at Disney has an issue with him.

I believe he also pointed out that only 20 of the 70 (his numbers) of bloggers/podcasters/lifestyle whores who were invited last night also are on the list for this Friday's event.

I will state that NONE of them should be as it should be a one and done for the year policy. Also, it is funny that none of them are ever left out as 'friends' always make sure they get in anyway.
I'm assuming you saw his back-and-for with your pal Andy Castro?

TP2000

I can't believe they would even let these slobs into that establishment dressed as they were...there should hav been a dress code...ROFL

Most of those folks don't look like the types to even own a sport coat, let alone a proper suit coat. The polo shirts and short sleeve collared shirts that were ironed in Kissimmee apartments by their own wearers a few hours before this event likely pass for "upscale" dress attire for this Lifestyle Blogger demographic.

TalkingHead

BTW, saw The Disney Parks Blog little video and ...well, Scarlett is looking good. I have no idea why she isn't a sake gal. ...And was it just me or did Bland Tommy come off as scruffy-looking dude who would man the office at a Thrifty Rent a car?

I hadn't seen that video, and now I'm sorry I have.

Just remember, the sake cocktail? SO good.

Grouper tacos? Bananas.

...Not enough sarcasm smileys to cover it.

WDW1974

Original Poster
What's even more funnier about these so called "events" is that they completely tailor themselves to the exact opposite demographic that they dont want! the ones who dont spend money in their parks!

As much as I love Disney, I think its a shame that they think they have stoop so low and give away money for people to like them...they should know better! Are they that desperate? I just don't get it, really...?!?

I dunno ... Does it appear to you like they are desperate? It sure does to me when a preview night isn't enough with largely insignificant lifestylers, so you invite them back the next night on gift cards?

I was a regular at the California Grill from 1995 (i still recall when it was open for lunch) until 2009. I haven't dined there since ...and between ridiculous price hikes, the DDP losers who have no business in any fine dining locale, and having to dine at either 5:30 or 9:50 because of the six month ressie crowd, I am not sure if I will ever return. And I went on average 3-6 times a year.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'm assuming you saw his back-and-for with your pal Andy Castro?

No, I must have missed that. Where was that?

And I have nothing against Mr. Castro. My old pal @EPCOT Explorer was supposed to convey said message, but I am starting to think EE wants to distance himself from me so he can be a lifestyler if his top career option falls thru. Feel free to Tweet that.

HenryMystic

cal817377LARGE-600x452.jpg

Mya Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom