Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWarsGirl

No doubt that some teens and young adults could make good customers. Some don't. I don't think Disney ever made a strong effort to attract this demographic, but in recent times it seems they are going out of their way to avoid them. Look at the recent price bumps for FL resident APs. They seem to be turning their backs on the locals crowd who are frequenting Universal more and more.
I think that there are many teens in the Orlando area who would make good customers. How about a good student discount? Bring in a report card that shows at least straight B's, get a discount (similar to what auto insurers get). University of Central Florida students get discounts on tickets at the theme parks throughout the area (I applied there; it was just one of many things I found out about the school. Like that their engineering students designed the t bar restraint system on Space Mountain). Other colleges probably get them too. Haven't other APs gotten bumped (unless you happen to be DVC)?

I have a friend who moved to Florida recently who told me that some people down there have never even been to WDW. He goes there whenever his pass is good, but says the majority of people who go with him are transplants

Soarin' Over Pgh

Yeah...I agree with the uniforms, it's time for a refresh there.
They will be playing two games this year in the dark blue jerseys, hopefully paired with the dark blue pants. I'm also rooting for a light blue jersey/white pants combo.
I'd love for my favorite team to also have my favorite uni's, but Seattle has won my uniform crown, hands down.

If we are gonna talk uniforms, can I just throw out (up) there that my Steelers throwbacks are absolutely hideous and an embarrassment to see?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 56

StarWarsGirl

If we are gonna talk uniforms, can I just throw out (up) there that my Steelers throwbacks are absolutely hideous and an embarrassment to see?
Lol, yes as a Ravens fan, I say they are hideous and an embarrassment to see. Oh, the day those debuted against the Ravens, there were some major jokes at my house. "Look at the bumble bees trying to sting us!" "It's a method of cheating. They are trying to make us laugh so that we can't focus and they'll win the game!" "This isn't powderpuff football!"

Wikkler

They've added PFH to "Entertainment" on the official website:
  • Meet Rapunzel and a Princess Friend at Princess Fairytale Hall
  • Meet Cinderella and a Princess Friend at Princess Fairytale Hall

PhotoDave219

Agreed with the :banghead::mad: part. How is it an attraction????

Clearly everyone missed the "attractions versus distractions" bit from last month.... so allow me to repeat it (assuming I can drag everyone away from fap fap fap in front of football today)....

Management now considers anything with fastpass+ to be an "attraction" while everything that does not is considered to be a "distraction"

TDO at work, kids....

StarWarsGirl

Clearly everyone missed the "attractions versus distractions" bit from last month.... so allow me to repeat it (assuming I can drag everyone away from fap fap fap in front of football today)....

Management now considers anything with fastpass+ to be an "attraction" while everything that does not is considered to be a "distraction"

TDO at work, kids....
:arghh::banghead::mad::banghead::arghh:

lazyboy97o

Teens and college students could be a very valuable market. Or families that have teens. Or they could target to a more mixed demographic, appealing to various market segments. For instance, with Belle's enchanted tales, they could have done a dark ride. I wouldn't go through something silly like Enchanted Tales, but I would go on a dark ride. Teens would probably be more interested if they had a few more Roller Coasters and thrill rides as well. If they had more of a balance between kids and teens, they would have more families with teens spending their time at WDW and less time over at Uni.
Teens and college students cannot be a very valuable market. As a group, they lack a significant amount of disposable income. The misconception though is that this group needs rides and thrills, and that just is not true. Enchanted Tales with Belle being a dark ride could have been just as alienating if it was aimed at only pleasing young children (vicarious enjoyment by parents does not count and should be excluded from Disney's parks). It's about tone, heart and respect for the audience as capable of thought and feeling.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm not the one who creates the definitions, I just put them out there....
Since when did eating become an attraction?

Next thing you know the restrooms will be FastPass+'ed. Will they be considered an attraction also?

Hey ladies, fastpass your p__ breaks now for a no waiting stall waiting for you at the new Rapunzel themed rest area. (of course minimum wait times may occur depending upon your immediate need)

WDWDad13

Attraction -
a person or thing that draws, attracts, allures, or entices
a characteristic or quality that provides pleasure

I don't care if they call it a manure pile... if it's good, and entertaining...so be it

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Since when did eating become an attraction?

Next thing you know the restrooms will be FastPass+'ed. Will they be considered an attraction also?

Hey ladies, fastpass your p__ breaks now for a no waiting stall waiting for you at the new Rapunzel themed rest area. (of course minimum wait times may occur depending upon your immediate need)

Will Deluxe resort guests have their jaxis wiped for them?
Perhaps theyll introduce portion control on toilet paper too. Off site guests have to stamp their feet or supply their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom