Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigThunderMatt

I wish we had photos versus the biometric scanners, because if the bio fails it's up to a photo ID which nobody seems to carry on them.

Or at least claims not to carry on them. It baffles me how many people walk around without photo ID. What did you plan on doing in the off-chance somebody asked for one? Did you drive your car without it? God the sheer idiocy of the general populace these days astounds me to no end.

Clever Name

Misinformed. Anaheim and Orlando's ticketing and turnstile systems are different beasts. WDW could start taking photos with iDevices for each ticket over four days - it would really hurt the ticket resellers and they have enough electronics already at the main entrances.

I wish we had photos versus the biometric scanners, because if the bio fails it's up to a photo ID which nobody seems to carry on them.
My WDW Annual Pass from 1990 had my photo laminated on the back. In those days when you bought your AP (or turned in your voucher) you were taken to a small room and they used a Polaroid ID camera to take your mugshot:

One color photo was laminated on your AP and another copy of the same photo was put into your Disney file along with ID information. It was basically the same photo ID process that was used by most state DMV's.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Or at least claims not to carry on them. It baffles me how many people walk around without photo ID. What did you plan on doing in the off-chance somebody asked for one? Did you drive your car without it? God the sheer idiocy of the general populace these days astounds me to no end.

Well... They are on vacation in a controlled space...

Wikkler

Having been raised in New England and now lived in both GA and FL twice, it's still a toss-up in the "who sucks more?" department between GA and FL.
Georgia wins because it's only amusement park is a Six Flags.
paranoid.gif

Just kidding, I've only lived in one state for my entire life.

Captain Chaos

FWIW, MM+ roll out begins 9/3, completed at all resorts by 10/31.
What hotels are they starting with? When will they be notifying people with hotel reservations during the official roll out time? I mean, 9/3 is Tuesday... if they are officially rolling it out, I would think people checking in on 9/3 should have been told by now...

danv3

Tonight was Hunchback of Notre Dame. I loved it in 1996. I think I love it more now. What an amazing piece of art that film is. Monsters U or even Tangled are much closer to pure children's fodder compared to what Disney produced in the 90s. Truly the Second Golden Age.

Great film. Outstanding music as well. Alan Menken has said it's his favorite work.

Nubs70

I have no planned trips there this year or next or at all, for that matter. You folks let me know how this all worked out will you? Thanks!
I checked MDE and was able to check in although I am 16 days out. When did this change from 10 days? I am missing 2 ADR's. My wife's park ticket is also missing. I have no ability to reserve rides but if FP+ rolls out to include POFQ before 9/14 am I going to take it in the shorts for ride selection? It's looking fun.

wogwog

Did anyone else note the completion date, This will be the scariest Halloween EVER at Disney

In "Disneyspeak" complete does not necessarily mean working properly. On Sunday Sept 1 the conversion from the old technology turnstiles to the new Magic Minus touch point entries will be complete. I was in the MK one day this week and watched the entrance for a bit. I am a local and visit frequently. Including this visit I have only entered through the old style entrance with the old tecnology with my pass. Since I will not have that priviledge on my next visit I thought I would take a look at what everyone is talking about to educate myself. They are having a lot of failures on the new entry by my judgement. A little observation shows the cast member at the touch point is there to give instructions on how the process is to be done by the guest. When the process fails the cast member must raise a hand a bit like in school when you knew the answer to a question from the teacher. When the second line of cast see a hand up they take over that guest or family and read the tickets on a hand held device. I saw times when more of the first line cast had a hand up waiting for assistance than those who did not have a hand up. This held up that line until the issue was passed off to the cast with handheld devices. Some of the tickets were paper but a lot of plastic ones were failing as well. So a lot of non Magical tickets are still coming in or the the system is still having issues. This is still the test time but I really looked around for probably 10 minutes and did not see a single guest wearing a band. The new entry was opened last December and it looks like a confused mob scene trying to get in the park. Maybe I was there at a bad or busy time but I was not impressed with speed or guest service.

RunnerEd

I have no planned trips there this year or next or at all, for that matter. You folks let me know how this all worked out will you? Thanks!

We're heading down for a nice relaxing stay at Kidani Village for spring break. 5 Nights and 3 Uni park days along with some well deserved rest by the pools and a date night at Jiko (our only "on property" meal other than what we cook). We plan on watching Wishes from the Poly with a drink in a pineapple and Illuminations from a boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom