Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymusiccity

I managed to see it on the TV while I was passing the living room.. and was kind of shocked by the animation style. I haven't sat through the whole movie.. but I was kind of shocked.

Shocked in a good way, I hope. There was a similar response to the stylized animation when Sleeping Beauty was released.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Shocked in a good way, I hope. There was a similar response to the stylized animation when Sleeping Beauty was released.

No.. shocked in as 'eww'... same way I didn't like the style introduced when they did 101 dalmations with the cel trasnfer methods used. The outlining (in a light, outdoor scene) was very distracting. But like I said.. I only saw it in passing. I would reserve judgement of the film as a whole until I saw it.

Hercules came out in my Disney hibernation period.. when I wasn't interested in Disney for a decade or so.

raymusiccity

No.. shocked in as 'eww'... same way I didn't like the style introduced when they did 101 dalmations with the cel trasnfer methods used. The outlining (in a light, outdoor scene) was very distracting. But like I said.. I only saw it in passing. I would reserve judgement of the film as a whole until I saw it.

Hercules came out in my Disney hibernation period.. when I wasn't interested in Disney for a decade or so.

Just like they said to Mikey: 'Try it, you'll like it!'........

From Zero to Hero.

I think it's a very underrated film.

asianway

I agree - this doesn't sound right.. but some variation/twist based on a sliver of truth.

Weren't we told Disney was outsourcing all this to the likes of Accenture? When you outsource to a vendor, you don't hire/fire the staff as individuals.. they work for the contractor.
But you can certainly ask for certain problem children to be removed from the project.

Or these may have been individuals under contract - at which point they could just tell them to hit the bricks.

flynnibus

Premium Member
But you can certainly ask for certain problem children to be removed from the project.

Or these may have been individuals under contract - at which point they could just tell them to hit the bricks.

That's why I say maybe some twist... based on a sliver of truth. The idea of a WDW exec going in and firing his coding team.. doesn't quite line up.

From my experience.. Disney IT isn't all that built up with internal resources.

tirian

I agree - this doesn't sound right.. but some variation/twist based on a sliver of truth.

Weren't we told Disney was outsourcing all this to the likes of Accenture? When you outsource to a vendor, you don't hire/fire the staff as individuals.. they work for the contractor.

@WDW1974 didn't claim that everyone was fired.

The team responsible for integration with other departments was fired from the project. They've been working on web site and Photopass integration for months with no results; execs are giving another team a stab at the job.

EDIT: and all reports go very much the same way: an upper-level leader walked into the room and announced, "You're out."

Last edited:

WDWDad13

Not much time today for MAGIC, but I would be remiss if I didn,t point out that the Disney Parks Blog apparently invited 100 or so bloggers and Lifestylers to a meet up to show off the revamped California Grill (most who would never dine at the restaurant on their own if they actually had to ... Well, you know ... Pay. This is the group that orders burgers without cheese so they can save 30 cents or takes cups of water because they are too cheap to pop for a Coke. In other words, they are not regulars to the Grill.)

The back and forth whining on Twitter about who got invited and who didn't is typically amusing.

Disney may not be transparent about much, especially NGE. But about buying local whores?They sure don't mind if the world sees it all for what it is.

geez... you must have some real beef (and I'm not talking about the kind at California Grill) with some people :confused:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
ironing.png

flynnibus

Premium Member
@WDW1974 didn't claim that everyone was fired.

His statement could be read to mean the entire MM+ project (which I'm sure in classic forum fashion would be repeated for years to come.. how the whole MM+ team had to be replaced)

"Last week, a top WDW dog fed up over massive issues with MM+ walked in and fired all the coders. I am trying to get clarification on whether the entire coding team (meaning everyone) was replaced or just a particular group due to frustration over the pace of rollout. I believe it was the entire team."

I appreciate your additional info - because like I said - it sounded like a story rooted in truth, but twisted (usually through the telephone game) into something that wasn't quite what it started out to be.

Can you state if these were Disney employees or if they were a contracted team?

PhotoDave219

Hey, didn't know you were British. One quick question. Why do more Brits go to WDW than DLP? For God's sake, just take the Chunnel and you're there! Much faster and cheaper than flying to the States! Besides, DLR needs your money or they're gonna have big problems soon. Just forget you're in France and remember Disney is an American company and you're experience there will be almost like as if you were in the US at WDW... Kinda... Not really... Okay, not even close... But good enough!

Its my understanding (based on some British Friends) that its because its France.

The weather is so much nicer here.

HMF

My question is if they plan to eliminate the original FP, how will they serve the spur-of-the-moment guests?
They don't, Most likely will have a CM specially trained to give a lecture to guests about how they should have subscribed to MM+.

WDWDad13

That's why I say maybe some twist... based on a sliver of truth. The idea of a WDW exec going in and firing his coding team.. doesn't quite line up.

From my experience.. Disney IT isn't all that built up with internal resources.

wait are you saying some spirited inside info might have been exaggerated? :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
His statement could be read to mean the entire MM+ project (which I'm sure in classic forum fashion would be repeated for years to come.. how the whole MM+ team had to be replaced)

"Last week, a top WDW dog fed up over massive issues with MM+ walked in and fired all the coders. I am trying to get clarification on whether the entire coding team (meaning everyone) was replaced or just a particular group due to frustration over the pace of rollout. I believe it was the entire team."

I appreciate your additional info - because like I said - it sounded like a story rooted in truth, but twisted (usually through the telephone game) into something that wasn't quite what it started out to be.

Can you state if these were Disney employees or if they were a contracted team?
It's been my experience that its much easier and cleaner to fire contractors or consultants vs firing employees. If the "team" were all let go my money would be on the majority not being employees.

Sounds to me like they are just giving another firm a shot to clean up some of the issues. Let's hope they bring in someone who can clean up the website and Internet access issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom