Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim_4

Will the DL and WDW projects be identical across the board? I'm assuming they are but would be very happy to hear otherwise.
I'm under the impression that WDW Star Wars is "more definite" than the DLR project but that both are in the "probably going to happen" category.

Tim_4

Of. Course they are.

Problem #1 with DVCers: they are starting to use their units as true vacation homes and not go go WDW parks and not dine in WDW restaurants. Oh, and they are visiting other area attractions.

Problem #2 with DVCers: many are opting to NOT even use the points at WDW at all.
Is #2 really a problem in Disney's eyes? Seems to me like they already have the DVC'ers money and this way they get out of their end of the bargain and don't have to provide any services.

twebber55

Of. Course they are.

Problem #1 with DVCers: they are starting to use their units as true vacation homes and not go go WDW parks and not dine in WDW restaurants. Oh, and they are visiting other area attractions.

Problem #2 with DVCers: many are opting to NOT even use the points at WDW at all.
Guilty of #1
my 14 year old son actually asked me if we could go back to disney next year since we ve been to universal several times in a row

WDWDad13

Is #2 really a problem in Disney's eyes? Seems to me like they already have the DVC'ers money and this way they get out of their end of the bargain and don't have to provide any services.

Yeah but if they/we are going to Disney then we are buying tickets, meals, etc basically spending in the parks

stlphil

Of. Course they are.

Yes, we have gotten really good at efficiently using our points at "not WDW". And unless things change from their current course, I don't see us going back anytime soon.

doctornick

But if those units are sold to other guests, Disney still gets tickets, meals, etc, PLUS the room nights.
Well, I guess one argument would be that reportedly occupancy is down at WDW, meaning that those rooms aren't necessarily being sold.

I think otherwise, though, that your point makes sense as long as someone is staying in the room and going to Disney.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I hate more than anything the fact that you have to micromanage your vacation prior to arrival. If you don't have an iteniary, you're screwed. This program isn't spontaneous, it's ridiculous and needs to change. For most guests, this isn't enhancing guest experience. Why would they do this? Well now they have a pretty good idea of crowd levels and wait times before the day begins so they can staff accordingly, saving money by adjusting costs accordingly. Better projections, better control on those variable costs.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I hate more than anything the fact that you have to micromanage your vacation prior to arrival. If you don't have an iteniary you're screwed. This program isn't spontaneous it's ridiculous and needs to change. This isn't enhancing guest experience for most guests. Why would they do this? Well now they have a pretty good idea of crowd levels and wait times before the day begins so they can staff accordingly, saving money by adjusting costs accordingly. Better projections, better control on those variable costs.
Never have, never will. I plan on continuing to tour WDW that same way that I have since 1983. Offsite, no ADR's, decide what park after breakfast, almost no souvenirs. If in the process of making this spectacular electronic nightmare operable they decide that I have absolutely no way to obtain a FP (or equivalent) then it's goodbye Mr. Mickey and hello Uni. or maybe some other other destination that might excite my senses and urge me to spend money. It makes this whole project simple really from my angle. Chump don want my money ... chump don get my money! One has to love Airplane on so many levels!:grumpy:

PS... That includes Disney Cruises! If they don't want me one place, they don't want me anyplace.

Figments Friend

Never have, never will. I plan on continuing to tour WDW that same way that I have since 1983. Offsite, no ADR's, decide what park after breakfast, almost no souvenirs. If in the process of making this spectacular electronic nightmare operable they decide that I have absolutely no way to obtain a FP (or equivalent) then it's goodbye Mr. Mickey and hello Uni. or maybe some other other destination that might excite my senses and urge me to spend money.

Let me personally welcome you to this wonderful little Park called 'Disneyland'.
:)

alphac2005

I don,t know anything about said individual. But I am waiting for the first Lifestyler to be arrested on sexual crimes involving kids. It will happen. And Disney will act shocked and appalled and distance itself , but the damage will be done.

I recall a certain individual running, ahem, Extinct...., that not only had a lawsuit slapped on him by the Mouse, but a very shady past.

Tim_4

Well, I guess one argument would be that reportedly occupancy is down at WDW, meaning that those rooms aren't necessarily being sold.

I think otherwise, though, that your point makes sense as long as someone is staying in the room and going to Disney.
That's fair but occupancy isn't down. It's more or less flat as a percentage of rooms available and up as a raw number, which means they're holding steady AND filling DAAR. If DVCers are indeed staying elsewhere then they must be getting replaced by other guests.

luv

Is Disney's average for occupancy published? I keep hearing around 80%, but don't know if that's real or someone's guess.

Figments Friend

Can we move talk about refillable mugs, Florida license plates and what the Founding Fathers wanted over to Eddie Sotto's thread or just somewhere else? Thanks.
Wow....not sure what Eddie is going to think about that.
We were actually having a rather nice recent conversation about the amusing irony present in the recent photos of our boy Tony receiving his 'Disney Legend' award.
It was rather fitting that Darth Vader was standing next to Bob Iger while Dreamfinder and Figment were standing next to Mr. Baxter.
Contrast and compare...what better characters to represent the personalities present?

:happy:

Hey, what ever happened to that discussion about EPCOT show lighting you wanted to start here?
I'm up for that topic...but i know you have been busy.

Lee

Adventurer
One commenter to that article is really slamming a few on here, and saying MM+ is only in the millions, not billions.
Hmmmm.....sounds familiar (and blatantly false).
Someone here was saying that, almost word for word a while back.

I'll try to find it.....

EDIT: Found it. Pixiedustmaker = The commenter on Jim's site.

Still wrong.
The $1 billion price tag is for all Disney resorts worldwide, so for WDW it is probably $175 million to $200 million...

Last edited:

crispy

I recall a certain individual running, ahem, Extinct...., that not only had a lawsuit slapped on him by the Mouse, but a very shady past.

I don't know anything about most of the Disney lifestylers, but this sounds interesting. Do tell.

Goofyernmost

Let me personally welcome you to this wonderful little Park called 'Disneyland'.
:)
Been there, done that... but I cannot help remembering that, at the top, it is the same people that green lighted NGE that are ultimately in charge of DL. You can bet that if they are able to make something workable happen in WDW, it will be part of DLR sooner rather then later. They deny that right now, but ask yourself why the decided to enforce FP time there as well as Florida. The future is set, now all they need is action. It will take a while now, but it isn't out of the question long range. JMHO!

WDWDad13

It's been reported that WDW is holding the same % of occupancy level at their resorts even after the building of the new Art of Animation Resort with ~2000 rooms. I don't know exactly what that percentage is, but seems like the actual number of guests staying on site has gone up if that's truly the case?

WDWDad13

Been there, done that... but I cannot help remembering that, at the top, it is the same people that green lighted NGE that are ultimately in charge of DL. You can bet that if they are able to make something workable happen in WDW, it will be part of DLR sooner rather then later. They deny that right now, but ask yourself why the decided to enforce FP time there as well as Florida. The future is set, now all they need is action. It will take a while now, but it isn't out of the question long range. JMHO!

exactly... the high costs of NGE everyone debates here isn't just for Orlando... it will be or at least is planned to be global at most/all Disney parks. It's just WDW gets to be the guinea pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom