Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I think part of the problem is they're trying to create demand for rides and attractions where there is generally little to no demand. And no matter how hard they try, I don't think it's going to work - even if people book these rides in advance, there's no guarantee they'll actually use them.

It's like all the "surprise Fastpass" for Mickey's Philharmagic you always find laying all over the ground around the Pooh FP machines.

At the DLR, during the inital "Surprise Fastpass" experiment there, if you stood in the FP line for Radiator Springs Racers it spit out Grizzly River Rapids "Surprises". On many days, if you so desired to pick them up outside of the queue area, you would have had a day of WET rides in your future.

Speaking of RSR, based on observation, want to reduce lines at your e-tickets? Build more e-tickets. Heck, build a few d-tickets too.

*1023*

RSoxNo1

I hear you, but I still think there's room to hold back 10% of reservations on a given day and accomplish their goals.

Here's an example: I'm going to DHS on Monday of my upcoming trip but I oversleep my alarm at the 60 day mark and I get shutout for Toy Story Mania. I still make FP+ reservations for Star Tours, Tower or Terror and Great Movie Ride. When I get to DHS at rope drop that day I use the in park kiosk or my Disney App to swap out GMR and swap in one of the held back TSMM reservations. Disney still knows that I'll be at DHS that day and they can still plan ahead. The rule would still be that you can't split reservations between parks.

For the non-planners they can just arrive the day of and at least have a shot at the available reservations. Disney won't know which park they are going to that day, but that's at most 10% of guests using the system.

At the end of the day this would go a long way towards pacifying the "regulars" crowd that don't want to book reservations 60 days out and would give the planners a second chance at the reservations. The clueless tourist crowd won't know the difference if they get a FP for Toy Story or GMR so probably wouldn't know or care to try to switch.
10%? If they absolute insist that attractions can be booked in advance I'd like to see the number reduced to 1 per guest, and availability be limited to no more than 20% of an attraction's Fastpass capacity. The only exceptions I would make would be on Nighttime shows and Parades where it can be 100%.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I think I would actually prefer an empty building over American Idol. Would the cracks in the sidewalk be fake as well or just the dandelions? Would I be able to use a snack credit on DDP for a shriveled apple? I'm all about the details:)
I disagree.
While not my favourite, AIE is harmless entertainment (most times) and a welcome refuge from the heat and frequent downpours.
There is no need to close it down until they are ready to plop something in there. We already have Sounds Dangerous sitting idle.

71jason

I gained my first Disney-obsessed Internet Stalker! Boy, someone really wants attention.....

"Stalker" is such a strong, potentially libelous word. Perhaps "unrequited man crush"?

Ace detective work, tho, figuring out the Orlando guy on Twitter who posts about the news and Disney named "FotoDave" is in fact ... "PhotoDave219" here! Someone has clearly spend some time at that CSI attraction on I-Drive.

WildcatDen

Comcast execs laughing themselves silly over the way Disney is spending on this as its parks fall apart and grow ever staler.

I suppose no one at Disney is chuckling that one of their stale parks still does nearly more business than both of the Comcast offerings? As I said earlier, maybe this is a potential new revenue stream that we cannot guess at yet. Yes there are the potential revenue paths they have hinted at, but if this truly is a diabolical plan, there may be more of a golden goose in hiding?

SirLink

I suppose no one at Disney is chuckling that one of their stale parks still does nearly more business than both of the Comcast offerings? As I said earlier, maybe this is a potential new revenue stream that we cannot guess at yet. Yes there are the potential revenue paths they have hinted at, but if this truly is a diabolical plan, there may be more of a golden goose in hiding?

One must not believe TEA's numbers based on first click. People stay for a full day at the Uni parks as well as buying merch and dining in the parks something DHS cannot say.

WildcatDen

One must not believe TEA's numbers based on first click. People stay for a full day at the Uni parks as well as buying merch and dining in the parks something DHS cannot say.

Nope. Just saying MK does nearly the same attanedance as both UNI parks COMBINED and I believe the MK is a full day park. Not bad performance from a stale product. Now, this is not meant as a UNI/WDW debate, even though nearly all threads regurgutate into some sembalance of the debate. I was at both UNI parks past April and had a great time. Looking forward to going back after HPII opens up.

SirLink

Nope. Just saying MK does nearly the same attanedance as both UNI parks COMBINED and I believe the MK is a full day park. Not bad performance from a stale product. Now, this is not meant as a UNI/WDW debate, even though nearly all threads regurgutate into some sembalance of the debate. I was at both UNI parks past April and had a great time. Looking forward to going back after HPII opens up.

Well same can be said for food + bev and merch at all 4 Disney parks ... but agreed so excited for Diagon Alley - I don't even particularly care for HP either. :)

Nubs70

But can NGE increase income by $600MM per year??

PhotoDave219

But can NGE increase income by $600MM per year??

I can only see potential cost savings over the long term thru labor scheduling and park hours based on the reservations as well as the database theyre creating on how people behave in a theme park. (Attractions they like, time spent here and there, etc) and maximize cost savings.

I cant actually see it generating revenue in and of its own....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom