Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

nytimez

I'll give you that Dark Minion doesn't suck. Revenge of the Sith is watchable.

I believe the final battle between Obi Wan and Anakin may have been the best scene in any Star Wars film... if Ewan McGregor got to work with another actor instead of Hayden Christensen.

That said, the lava pits or whatever they were would be a GREAT location of a thrill ride.

CinematicFusion

I know, right. Too bad Disney doesn't love us. We get a meet and greet that takes years to build out of the guts of a dark ride.

I'll give you that Dark Minion doesn't suck. Revenge of the Sith is watchable. I won't go so far as to call it "good". I think this sums it up:

yeah...bad scene.. and Anakin turning to the dark side and then immediately killing children. ???? Not believable. Rest of the movie I thought was fun, Attack of the clones is terrible. Attack of the clones is what killed the prequel trilogy in the same vein as Empire Strikes Back raised the bar of the original trilogy.

CinematicFusion

I believe the final battle between Obi Wan and Anakin may have been the best scene in any Star Wars film... if Ewan McGregor got to work with another actor instead of Hayden Christensen.

That said, the lava pits or whatever they were would be a GREAT location of a thrill ride.

I thought Revenge of Sith was a fun movie and visually stunning. It had a few hiccups but it hits the level of Return of the Jedi in my mind.
Order of watching Star Wars...
1. If you have kids under 9, watch Phantom Menance, skip Clones and Watch the animated Clone Wars. Then Sith through Jedi.
2. If you are an adult who has never watched Star Wars. Watch Sith through Jedi...skip the first two movies.

index.php

lebeau

yeah...bad scene.. and Anakin turning to the dark side and then immediately killing children. ???? Not believable. Rest of the movie I thought was fun, Attack of the clones is terrible. Attack of the clones is what killed the prequel trilogy in the same vein as Empire Strikes Back raised the bar of the original trilogy.

Revenge of the Sith was one of those movies where I had a good time watching it in the theater. As it was playing out, things would stick out as weird. But it was moving so fast I just went with it. By the time I got to the parking lot, I had a long list of things that just didn't work. If I try to watch it again, it just gets worse.

If I compare it to Transformers, it gets a passing grade. If I compare it to the other prequels, it's the best of the bunch. But it falls far short of the bar set by the original trilogy. Even Jedi.

It still grates that Leia says she remembers her mom and then we are shown her mom dying during child birth. Lucas had how many years to line up the details and he got THAT wrong?

I think it's pretty common knowledge that Revenge of the Sith was completely re-edited by Lucas after filiming was done in order to change the reason Anakin turns to the Dark Side. It didn't work and guts the entire trilogy of it's reason for being.

Here's a very detailed explanation of the re-edits.

nytimez

It still grates that Leia says she remembers her mom and then we are shown her mom dying during child birth. Lucas had how many years to line up the details and he got THAT wrong?

I can't tell you how much that drives me nuts. Of all the inconsistencies and flaws and mismatched details between the originals and the prequels, that's the one that really sticks in my craw most.

lebeau

I can't tell you how much that drives me nuts. Of all the inconsistencies and flaws and mismatched details between the originals and the prequels, that's the one that really sticks in my craw most.

Me too! And fans so rarely mention it. (At least compared to some of the others.)

I was sitting in the theater thinking "The can't kill Padme. We know she lives and raises Leia at least for a little while."

And then, she died. And I'm like o_O

Cardinals314

Me too! And fans so rarely mention it. (At least compared to some of the others.)

I was sitting in the theater thinking "The can't kill Padme. We know she lives and raises Leia at least for a little while."

No one killed Padme, she "Lost the will to live":rolleyes:

CinematicFusion

Revenge of the Sith was one of those movies where I had a good time watching it in the theater. As it was playing out, things would stick out as weird. But it was moving so fast I just went with it. By the time I got to the parking lot, I had a long list of things that just didn't work. If I try to watch it again, it just gets worse.

If I compare it to Transformers, it gets a passing grade. If I compare it to the other prequels, it's the best of the bunch. But it falls far short of the bar set by the original trilogy. Even Jedi.

I think it's pretty common knowledge that Revenge of the Sith was completely re-edited by Lucas after filiming was done in order to change the reason Anakin turns to the Dark Side. It didn't work and guts the entire trilogy of it's reason for being.

Here's a very detailed explanation of the re-edits.

Cool, I'll check it out...didn't know about the re-edit.

Ignohippo

How great would it have been for Padme to have secretly been the leader of the Rebels, Mon Mothma (whose shown in Ep VI). Her death could have been faked to mislead Anakin into thinking she was dead.

She could have raised Leia as a Royal Nanny and then gone into hiding to lead the Rebels when Leia was still young. The age would have been perfect. She possibly would have kept her identity a secret in order to not emotionally conflict Luke and Leia as they were getting ready to embark for Endor.

Heck, the name Mon Mothma even sounds like Mother!

In my weird SW dreams, I see a scene with a woman (at the end of RotS) pushing a baby carriage near the Republic Senate. Suddenly, she leaves the carriage on the steps and turns away as it explodes and the front of the building collapses. As she walks away in the crowd and confusion, she takes a scarf down that was hiding her face and it's revealed to be Padme.

Last edited:

lebeau

How great would it have been for Padme to have secretly been the leader of the Rebels, Mon Mothma (whose shown in Ep VI). She could have raised Leia as a Royal Nanny and then gone into hiding to lead the Rebels when Leia was still young. The age would have been perfect. She possibly would have kept her identity a secret in order to not emotionally conflict Luke and Leia as they were getting ready to embark for Endor.

Heck, the name Mon Mothma even sounds like Mother!

That works. Sure, why not?

Really you could do just about anything with Padme EXCEPT kill her during childbirth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom