Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

Nubs70

The mommy blogger wants another free vacation when the next event rolls around. Therefore the blogger will be extremely enthusiastic on Twitter, Facebook, and their blog. That is the entire reason they are invited. They NYT reporter is a pro, and doesn't care if they go back. In some cases, they would probably like to not be invited back.
Mommy bloggers are interviewed and selected by Disney. Even though they may not be paid by Disney, they are de facto employees of Disney. Mommy Bloggers are unpaid marketing interns. How could any intern write anything less than glowing?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
You're correct...there are rooms available, I just priced a package to check in tomorrow and stay for a week.

BUT-the ONLY rooms available at the GF according to the WDW website are the 'Outer Building-Garden View' (aka the 'cheap seats), and it's $615 per night. (by the way-my caps use is not yelling at you, just yelling cause I'm irritated!)

And, you're right-they won't lose money on the deal (Disney)...they'll pass it along in the form of higher prices for the normal, everyday, paying guest. That's my issue.

Why does it have to be free...why not get a CM rate, or something similar? Likely because some of these folks wouldn't even bother...and if that's the case...well, we know that they are not worth listening to.

Would love to see the faces of people who are paying guests right now at GF that find out all of these folks are staying there for free because they're going to write something nice about WDW.

The jokes on them. Parking at the GF sucks. :lookaroun

Genie of the Lamp

I'm on a certain website and it's showing live blog coverage of the Monsterous summer event. It's saying the next event (announcement at Epcot) will take place tonight from 9:45pm-10:20pm. Does this sound right?

MattM

Except that it has been more than a one time deal for many of them. Disney has already established the precedent. You see the same people at all these events. I can see your point about the credibility but only sort of. The fact is, many people are gullible and many more just don't do their research in regards to the people peddling the product. Many do not disclaim they get "this and that" from Disney including the mommy bloggers. But they certainly know what is going to keep getting them those free trips.

I'm sure that is true for some. But most likely not for all. Look, like I've said many times before, I'm not saying Disney does it exactly right. I'm saying that there is value in having the right kind of bloggers attend these sorts of things (see my example a few posts back). I'm certainly not talking about otown bloggers, moms panel, et al. Some do not disclaim all items were free (Disney and otherwise). Many do. It is all about the clicks to these people, if they do anything to shoot their credibility, the clicks start flowing less like wine and more like molasses.

Funmeister

Not really. The writer isn't forced to write a positive review.
Yeah buy radio stations were not forced to play certain labels music either. It was "paying" them off to ensure their music was played. My point is that I am sure there is not one blogger who was invited to the event who writes a critical blog of the resort. In turn being "paid" to write a positive spin on everything Disney.

jt04

Have you just blocked out the story which has been repeated ad nauseum on this thread regarding HP and Disney? The wanted it but couldn't stomach the demands of JK and were scared of their corporate sponsors. And many within Disney regret it. Simple answer for a simple question.

I don't regret it and I am the customer and the customer is always right. I am ecstatic it got built at Uni. I am ecstatic with the moving train simulator as it is a concept I have always thought would work and somebody is finally building one. So, in my opinion, everything has turned out perfectly regardless of the quality of the IP which is subjective anyway.

I am done with this thread until spirit rematerializes. If then. There are Pandora discussions to be had. :cool:

Goofyernmost

It's only being passed on in that it is a cost of doing business. The same as any other expense is passed on to the guest. It's not like they're raising room rates by 100$ on everyone else to compensate for the free rooms they're giving away.
An empty room costs almost nothing to give away. Chump change!

Goofyernmost

Mommy bloggers are interviewed and selected by Disney. Even though they may not be paid by Disney, they are de facto employees of Disney. Mommy Bloggers are unpaid marketing interns. How could any intern write anything less than glowing?
What would have to happen to make a free trip, staying at the GF not be glowing. Especially if previous trips had been at Pop Century or the equivalent. It's free, they are in their favorite place, did I mention it's free, meals and everything, how can it not be glowing. Anyone that would write something negative about that would have to be in a very, very bad mood. Did I mention it was free! How happy would all of us be for that opportunity. I say good things about Disney without it, you can only imagine how positive I would be after that.

Someone mentioned earlier that they would be preaching to the choir. Maybe, but maybe not the choir that would normally spend $600.00 per night to stay at GF. Enough of a glowing review of that, might just tip the scales and it wouldn't take long to recap all the expense, since it was all at cost to Disney. Simple math. Start your own Blog and you will be sipping Margaretta's, sitting in a lounge chair at GF watching Wishes. :D

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yeah buy radio stations were not forced to play certain labels music either. It was "paying" them off to ensure their music was played. My point is that I am sure there is not one blogger who was invited to the event who writes a critical blog of the resort. In turn being "paid" to write a positive spin on everything Disney.

With the fact that they were being given these meals, rooms and other amenable goodies for free being conveniently left out if supposedly "objective" reviews....

Nemo14

Sounds like the last supper.

Who brought the hammer & the nails?

eek.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom