Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

Longhairbear

Neither facades would work, that's for sure. Mermaid doesn't fit the European theme as much as the other stories represented in Fantasyland. I like its placement in Paradise Pier, though technically Mermaid has nothing to do with California.
Remember that the rotunda at Mermaid is a replica of the Palace of Fine Arts in SF where the Pan Pacific Expo was, and there was a large aquarium building much like the facade of Mermaid in DCA.

lazyboy97o

I'm going to very respectfully ask that you don't, Steve. There are a couple of individuals who have decided to come in here -- knowing that I get eyes and attention -- and try and divert attention, so, yes, the people in Burbank will decide it isn't worth reading etc. Then, those individuals can get all excited that they dinged the Spirit's armor in some small insiginificant and petulant way.
Why are you so afraid to name names? Who benefits and how? Tell us. Not with vague comments and "questions" but specific statements.

PhotoDave219

Actually, I believe there's another reason that is the crux of the issue. Someone arguing from moral authority while trying to get someone they don't like fired is the very definition of hypocrisy. I leave whether her linked-in profile accuracy is an issue to her boss... it's not up to me. My issue is simple... Multiple times '74 and his groupies have personally attacked people they don't like from the safe anonymity of their computer screen. Now they are trying to stoke up the mob to get someone fired.

Im not anonymous. Ive also said I'm not calling for her head.

GLaDOS

Easily resolved, block them all and they should all do likewise. This isn't an issue I'm too interested in but it's not about social media anymore, it's about two sides personally attacking the other and clearly there is no middle ground to be found here so it's going to rumble on because no one is going to back down. I drop in to the thread every now and then hoping to see some kind of new news pertaining to WDW and all it has been for the last few days is the same people taking shots at one another. Everyone has made it clear where they stand now and clearly no one is going to back down from that standpoint so let this particular case lie now and move on.

I'm not saying this to you specifically wannab@dis but in general. It would be a shame if this thread is locked but that's the only way this is going to end if the bickering continues.

This. One side doesn't agree with the other. Drop it and move on.

MattM

Hey - I like the video content they share. I could care less if they don't allow dissenting comments or whatever or if I don't agree with all of their content. I consume what I want.. and skip what I don't want. Seems like a pretty good bargain to me.

But you are being too rational.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So since there has been so much discussion in the past about dishonest behavior by executives.. and now dishonest behavior by employees.. you may be interested in this lecture about how good people lie and cheat.. because they can rationalize it to themselves and still think of themselves as good.

This lecture (and the fun scribble format) should be enlightening to some in helping you formulate and get some perspective on this type of 'little cheaters'

It's a pretty good video.. I strongly encourage people to give it a view

wannab@dis

Im not anonymous. Ive also said I'm not calling for her head.
That's true. And my post was not directed at you. I absolutely get your point about a journalist being accurate and I agree with you. Honestly, I can't say who is right or wrong in this instance since my experience is actually different from yours... maybe since I'm in a different industry. We had to submit our resumes once for a potential client and I was asked by the CEO to change mine. I had put my employment as the subsidiary I managed and he asked that we use the main corporate entity that owns the different subsidiaries to be as accurate as possible and full disclosure. So, even though I worked directly for a subsidiary, they felt we should show the main company. Some here would brand me a liar even though there was no evil intentions on our part, just the opposite in fact.

SirLink

So I've been reading both side and understand where Dave and Spirit and the others are coming from ... but I have to ask shouldn't Disney's own side kind of checked out all her recent places of work - before giving her a job with Disney's Social Media division then? So....isn't this kind of all Disney's fault?

Clever Name

I would think that people on a Disney forum would understand this sort of thing. Aladdin was a liar, cheat, gambler and a thief. The Beast and Beauty were in a very abusive relationship. Pinocchio and Robin Hood had significant problems as well. The list goes on. I think Disney hires these kinds of people in a effort to rehabilitate them.

lazyboy97o

So since there has been so much discussion in the past about dishonest behavior by executives.. and now dishonest behavior by employees.. you may be interested in this lecture about how good people lie and cheat.. because they can rationalize it to themselves and still think of themselves as good.

This lecture (and the fun scribble format) should be enlightening to some in helping you formulate and get some perspective on this type of 'little cheaters'

It's a pretty good video.. I strongly encourage people to give it a view

Definitely a good video. Even better because of the Father Ted references.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Guest Assistance Cards - the disability access. Disney's complacency in how it deals with the system basically invites abuse by 'little lie' behavior. Same thing with hiring... complacency will result in pulling people that would otherwise not lie.. into lying in ways they can rationalize to themselves. Checkout the video I just posted a few posts back.

SirLink

Guest Assistance Cards - the disability access. Disney's complacency in how it deals with the system basically invites abuse by 'little lie' behavior. Same thing with hiring... complacency will result in pulling people that would otherwise not lie.. into lying in ways they can rationalize to themselves. Checkout the video I just posted a few posts back.

Oh I did ... everyone is dishonest, it is to the degree of how much of a person is actually dishonest.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Actually, I believe there's another reason that is the crux of the issue. Someone arguing from moral authority while trying to get someone they don't like fired is the very definition of hypocrisy. I leave whether her linked-in profile accuracy is an issue to her boss... it's not up to me. My issue is simple... Multiple times '74 and his groupies have personally attacked people they don't like from the safe anonymity of their computer screen. Now they are trying to stoke up the mob to get someone fired.

My reference to "this fibbing issue" was geared more to the overall cultural phenomenon rather than this specific instance. Related, yes, but my intention was to point out that the acceptance of this type of behavior has led to a society that is going to hell in a hand basket. But that just my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom