Spirited News and Observations and Opinions ...

What lack of research? He simply asked questions that everyone here has asked... There was nothing disrespectful at all... Unlike Iger who acted like, and I will say it one more time so it sinks in and es you off more, A WHINY LITTLE ..

The Congressman failed to even try to research MM+ before he decided to go off the deep end like a mental patient or like your favorite term, a punk 5 year old.

So if you create a product and I do research on it and then ask why you are trying to endanger children with your product that means I am not being disrespectful? Sorry but there are things called manners and a congressman should show them.

Keep saying it, it is not ing me off it is proving you have no point and are most likely a 16 year old because no adult would act like you. By writing that you have admitted defeat and are just being a troll.

MarkTwain

Very strange reaction from Iger. Still, given that everyone in Disney knows (at least I would hope) how highly visible this response would be, I assume there's some political reason for why he/they reacted that way. Posturing seems likely.

Captain Chaos

The Congressman failed to even try to research MM+ before he decided to go off the deep end like a mental patient or like your favorite term, a punk 5 year old.

So if you create a product and I do research on it and then ask why you are trying to endanger children with your product that means I am not being disrespectful? Sorry but there are things called manners and a congressman should show them.

Keep saying it, it is not ing me off it is proving you have no point and are most likely a 16 year old because no adult would act like you. By writing that you have admitted defeat and are just being a troll.
Hey bulls, stop coming back after you have been banned.....

First, welcome.

Second, what are you talking about?

People have been asking for weeks what exactly is NextGen? Since you are new, perhaps you should first read the couple of hundred posts on these boards expressing concern. I have read everything available on the topic from Disney and assure you they leave all the most important questions unanswered or provide the typical non-reply replies that I've come to expect from Disney.

For any executive, Iger's letter is highly unprofessional. If someone on his staff wrote such a reply to, for example, a state congressman, Iger would have him out the door in no time.

Iger's proper response should have been "Thank you for taking the time to inquire about our new MyMagic+ system. We at Disney are excited about the opportunities it presents to our customers and are happy to answer any questions you might have about it." Blah, blah, blah.

Rep. Markey's letter was professionally written and contained valid questions. It clearly was Iger who showed Rep. Markey no respect.

First, thank you.

Second, I have read the numerous threads. Some raise valid points. Some are just people ranting with no evidence. I have also read articles from multiple outside sources and all of them are pretty explanatory that even if the congressman had one intern read them then he would of never written the letter.

Iger defended the company from a congressman worm who was doing nothing but trying to position himself for a race for the Senate.

Why should Iger thank him for being disrespectful and ignorant?

Sorry but after reading the congressman's letter it was not a professional letter and contained little to nothing valid.

Captain Chaos

First, welcome.

People have been asking for weeks what exactly is NextGen? Since you are new, perhaps you should first read the couple of hundred posts on these boards expressing concern. I have read everything available on the topic from Disney and assure you they leave all the most important questions unanswered or provide the typical non-reply replies that I've come to expect from Disney.

For any executive, Iger's letter is highly unprofessional. If someone on his staff wrote such a reply to, for example, a state congressman, Iger would have him out the door in no time.

Iger's proper response should have been "Thank you for taking the time to inquire about our new MyMagic+ system. We at Disney are excited about the opportunities it presents to our customers and are happy to answer any questions you might have about it." Blah, blah, blah.

Rep. Markey's letter was professionally written and contained valid questions. It clearly was Iger who showed Rep. Markey no respect.
Thank you!!! Every question asked, in a respectful manner, was totally ignored by Iger... So, he is hiding something... Plus, if the answers were so obvious, then how come Disney hasn't given us the full details of everything? Cause they are hiding something... Iger has been called out, and he acted immature and disrespectful... His reign as CEO cannot end fast enough...

dhall

The CEO said what pretty much everyone wanted him to say. I am glad he ripped into the congressman. Maybe now the congressman can actually try to do his job and help the country instead of wasting money on something that if he bothered to research he would of had the answers.

The congressman showed no respect to Disney and to the country so he got no respect in return. Thank God someone spoke out against him and echoed the opinion of all americans.

Believe it on not, there are quite a few Americans that are very happy that the congressman is looking into this: he is one of the authors of the law that tries to pin down this particular grey area and, while it certainly would be very self serving on his part to hang Iger's scalp on his wall, he is absolutely correct in checking to see that one of the country's trusted brands isn't abusing that trust in ways that he has chosen over many years in congress to focus on.

All of Disney's posted policies have plenty of legal wiggle room and just a few fairly low hurdles for them to clear before they can do pretty much anything they think they can get away with. None of that stuff is there for our protection, just to make us think so.

TalkingHead

The Congressman had asked what the effects would be for someone "opting out" of MyMagic+, which is one of the central questions with the program. How does "opting out" work and what does that do to a person's paid-experience in the parks? Might even argue it's the central question, since Iger keeps reminding us that the program is "completely optional."

I don't think Iger's letter or the attachment addresses this.

Can we agree this is one provocative, half-arsed response?

Thank you!!! Every question asked, in a respectful manner, was totally ignored by Iger... So, he is hiding something... Plus, if the answers were so obvious, then how come Disney hasn't given us the full details of everything? Cause they are hiding something... Iger has been called out, and he acted immature and disrespectful... His reign as CEO cannot end fast enough...

Obviously a person who calls an adult a "whinely " does not know what respectful means.

Sorry but saying that Disney is putting children in danger when it is obvious they are not that is pretty damn disrespectful anyway you cut it. He did give him the details, it was in the attachment, maybe you should read the letter before you attack him. Keep attacking Iger for doing the correct thing and defend a hack congressman. You are showing your true self Rep. Markey.

ParentsOf4

Wow. NextGen must be important to Disney.

I don't ever recall a topic where so many first timers have rushed to defend it.

I just have to resist the temptation to feed the ...

Sounds like I should sign off for tonight and by tomorrow morning, this thread will be cleaned up once again.

CTXRover

First, welcome.

I agree. The tone as described above would have been more appropriate.

I suspect it was worded as such was to make a public stand that the assertions in the letter were "wrong", and to emphatically state such, whether we agree with that it not. The letter made it into the general press and I suspect they felt they needed to make an assertive stand against it.

Believe it on not, there are quite a few Americans that are very happy that the congressman is looking into this: he is one of the authors of the law that tries to pin down this particular grey area and, while it certainly would be very self serving on his part to hang Iger's scalp on his wall, he is absolutely correct in checking to see that one of the country's trusted brands isn't abusing that trust in ways that he has chosen over many years in congress to focus on.

All of Disney's posted policies have plenty of legal wiggle room and just a few fairly low hurdles for them to clear before they can do pretty much anything they think they can get away with. None of that stuff is there for out protection, just to make us think so.

What was the last percentage of approval? 36%, that is a pretty small minority. His law has to do with WEBSITES going after CHILDREN. Not a company with persmision from the Parents calling a child by their first name.

Captain Chaos

Iger just wrote him an F'off letter. LOL> It looks like something I would say and that's why I'm not in PR or politics. It matters if this congressman is just some crazy old cote or what??? Might be the last time we hear anything about it or old cote may get angry. Any ways it's fun to watch.
There is no way this is the end of it, unless there is an attachment that Monty asked for in the other thread that actually answers the questions... Which Iger failed to do as he whined... And if anyone manages to get their hands on that attachment, posting it would be much welcome...

I agree. The tone as described above would have been more appropriate.

I suspect it was worded as such was to make a public stand that the assertions in the letter were "wrong", and to emphatically state such, whether we agree with that it not. The letter made it into the general press and I suspect they felt they needed to make an assertive stand against it.

I feel like some people, not naming names, feel like Iger actually called him names and were disrespectful. He was assertive and showed force and conviction. He did was a strong CEO would do. One person here would of liked him to just bend over for the worm of congressman.

There is no way this is the end of it, unless there is an attachment that Monty asked for in the other thread that actually answers the questions... Which Iger failed to do as he whined... And if anyone manages to get their hands on that attachment, posting it would be much welcome...

And if the attachment proves that Iger was right would you admit you are wrong? No you wont.

CTXRover

I think the supposed attachment would be very helpful to have to see if the questions and concerns raised were truly addressed. Plus, I'd like to see their answers to some of those questions for my own benefit. Will check back later to see if anyone gets a hand on it to post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom